Forging Inspiration

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Iv0rY Snak3, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

LOL. But for me, stuff always seems to come to mind in Study Hall, or just after I finish a History test early, and I'm waiting for everyone else to finish. Somehow, the back wall of the classroom provides my inspiration. As soon as I get home, I draw it on paper. However, I always seem to run into problems with the amount of space avaliable on Foundry. That stupid protruding wall. (And that 100 Custom Content limit.)

2. Tex

Tex Ancient

rofloflofl, this was so superdupertruper necrobumpered...

but it's a good thread neways, so whatever...

My inspiration comes from Shad0w Viper most of the time (my partner)

though lately i've been thinking of some crazy ideas...BEFORE i sleep, same as you ivory...the biggest problem with that is when i wake up i have no recollection of the idea, or that i even had an idea to begin with, roflroflrofl

3. Cato IV

Cato IV Ancient

just keep a notepad next to ur bed and sketch a rough draft of ur thought b4 u go to sleep. then when u c the note u will remember. thats what i do anyway

4. Tex

Tex Ancient

hmm...good thinking cato, i will have to try that...now to find sketchpad & pencil....

5. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

places i go or c like tgi fridays i was at the layout started my newest map wierd huh, most of my maps i think just before i sleep and go throught it in my head

6. wiggums

wiggums Guest

that is exactly how mine come up also. i always hate that though because i am tired and will mostly not remember it for like a month afterwards. lol

7. KB

KB Ancient

Lol i posted in this thread when I had just joined forgehub. Now my forging inspirations are usually I interlock a bunch of weird shapes and then just go with the flow. Eventually after 4-5 boxes, I get a layout idea then a theme and then it all just goes together.

8. Awkward Silence

Awkward Silence Ancient

The theme I'm seeing here is either: 1) Right when I'm tired/falling asleep, or 2) Just try random stuff and go with it. It seems that there are type 1 and type 2 forgers as well. Whaddya know.

9. fatalityz

fatalityz Ancient

i sketch up a bunch ideas and maybe go into a "rough" forge for a few, and see how they look, i trash quite a few ideas be4 coming up with a new one

10. bravehart10000

bravehart10000 Ancient

houses around the twin cities give me inspiration for infection maps and WWII bunkers for objective and slayer maps.

11. Curran92

Curran92 Ancient

im never able to find an idea for a map when im trying to think about it. I get my ideas at the most random times.

12. gordofrog

gordofrog Ancient

I think up a name, then try to make a map from that

13. Tinginho

Tinginho Ancient

Well I just start to forge something that will stand out on the map.Then i will build things that will make sense around that object to give it a theme.When i cant seem to find something i would take ideas from other maps.Then in the end i will credit whomever

14. bnasty574

bnasty574 Ancient

I get inspiration from other maps (bungie maps) like on my current map theres a little tower that resembles the ramp to sniper 3 on black out/sniper tower on guardian. once I get a couple of ideas, I combine them and draw it up. Then I work out the kinks and look at it for the maximum playability/flow/balance. I then go into forge (and have been on that map for the last 2 months zomga).

15. BattyMan

BattyMan Ancient

Usually when I’m up for making a new map I spend some time in the competitive section of matchmaking, playing some MLG and Team SWAT. While in game I carefully study the map’s architecture, analyze the gameplay, and consider the pros and cons of the map’s weapon placement. Afterwards I go into forge and use the recently acquired info to create a super competitive map for real-time, pro-time, no time for nubs-time gamers.

I’ve yet to have a map work out as planned :(

16. A55A551N4T0R

A55A551N4T0R Ancient

mine are just heat of the moment things, or i suddenly get some good inspiration. like last night when me and friendss were messing around on blackout, it hit me to make a little race track, nothing groundbreaking but i had fun making it and testing it out

17. bravehart10000

bravehart10000 Ancient

I check out already made maps and try to make a sequel if it has a possible prolonged story line. I am working on a sequel to the bungie favorite map and gametype "convoy tunnel". The map that I'm doing is on Avalanche and is a race-to-the-base type with the zombies trying to beat the humans to the base, which has a large, non-respawning weapons cache (except for the human and covie pistols).

BTW: just typing your ideas helps a lot with the thought process. I didn't think of a non-respawn weapons before.

18. Sk84lyfe13

Sk84lyfe13 Ancient

i guess i watch movies and stuff get ideas from movies

19. Hazza

Hazza Ancient

Im the same as you ivory, i am either sitting down watching the tv or thinking about what to make in bed...probably because i's a relaxing time and lets creativity pour out :D

20. Orphanslayer92

Orphanslayer92 Ancient

I think of maps in spanish class because there really is no point paying attention in spanish