Forging Help Needed

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Jono36, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Jono36

Jono36 Ancient

I love making forge maps. But when making infection maps, my rooms have un even floor from the bridges not lining up or interlocking. I want to know what I need to balance it on to have it interlock with boxes.:irritated:

2. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

I'll give you a little tip that I use:

Lets say you're connecting two boxes using a bridge. You want that bridge to be interlocked perfectly flush into those boxes.

First place a bridge on top of the boxes where you want the bridge to be. Once the bridge has settled, start editing the settings on the boxes so they don't spawn at the start of a round. I'd change the respawn time to 180 seconds, so it gives you time to play around.

Next start a new round (in monitor mode). If you've done everything correctly, there should just be a floating bridge where your boxes just were.

Now spawn another bridge and hold it underneath the existing bridge, making sure its perfectly aligned with the other bridge. While holding the bridge, save the map. Once the map has been saved, quit.

Restart the map, and remove the bridge on top. Wait for the boxes to respawn and your bridge should be perfectly interlocked with the boxes! (Make sure to set the boxes to spawn at start again once your finished).

I hope I could help! If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

#2 Draw the Line, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2008
  3. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

Or if you do exactly what he said then put another double box ON ITS SIDE it is a little shorter than the other ones. Instead of saving and quiting just rest the brige on the shorter box. It will be lined up perfectly!