ForgeWorld Inflation?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TheClubhouse, Aug 9, 2010.

1. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

its an event we used to have on fridays where a bunch of us played halo together.

2. SniperViper76

SniperViper76 Forerunner

Oh i see.
    WE dont do that anymore now do we?

3. Kyler

Kyler Forerunner

Just look at FarCry, so many possibilities, and it was SIMPLE!!! If only Bungie teamed up with CryTek and used their CryEngine. Not that ForgeWorld isn't already great....

I REALLY hope we have as much forging freedom as previously thought.

4. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

im not sure, i havent been very active except for this week. it usually happens every other week but im not sure if we even bother now considering how close we are to reach.

5. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

NO way, Farcry's editor SUCKS, not to mention any custom map takes a century to download and everyone in a party has to have it in their files. The way bungie does stuff is for simplicity, all it is a Object specification, X, Y, Z, and rotational coordinates. It's all code, loaded by everybody upon map selection. Custom games would be nearly impossible if they did it the way Farcry did.

6. Combat P3nguin

Combat P3nguin Ancient

Hitting the budget will be pretty hard, it would be easy if you were making maps for players 16+. I really like how we can put our own AA into a map thats kickass

7. SniperViper76

SniperViper76 Forerunner

I thought 16 players was still the player limit...O.O

8. ShugHeed

ShugHeed Forerunner

Yeah it is, i think he made a mistake. Like i said before though. we have been giving the greatest forge map ever, not to mention. Bungie confirmed that DLC will happen....i'm guessing Forge World's With different themes.

there is seven halo installations, we. on forge world are on of those. Bungie could give us more different themed worlds. there is sandy halo's and heavily dense forest halo's! This my friends is only the beginning of Halo:Reach, and we have a long way to go til' the end, trust me.

9. SniperViper76

SniperViper76 Forerunner

I dont think forge world with different themes will happen but im not betting on it.
    Oh i know this but you even just got off-topic yourself there bud.

10. Greenfire32

Greenfire32 Forerunner

Far Cry 2's map editor is way better than Forge, because Forge isn't actually a map editor--it's an item-placer. And the maps only took a century to download if the map wasn't published. If the map was published, it literally only takes seconds to download it.

You've never really played Far Cry 2 multiplayer based on your grievances with it. I was hoping that Custom games would feature a public browser similar to FC2's but oh well. I can live with friends and recent players only.

11. belucheez

belucheez Forerunner

We still have a larger budget than before, even if some pieces are more expensive. And its not like someone won't find a budget glitch.

12. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

not guaranteed. you think bungi isnt going to be smarter and prevent forge glitches? they definitely will.
    i am 95% sure their will not be another budget glitch.

13. Jay Rockn Weezy

Jay Rockn Weezy Ancient

Wooden you are so wrong, Bungie didnt think that would be possible in H3, but it happened. Reach can happen, it's a 50/50.

14. SniperViper76

SniperViper76 Forerunner

I bet you they made it possible on purpose
    But extremely hard to figure it out.
    Im with urk on this one.

15. CAPNxXxCANT

CAPNxXxCANT Forerunner

might as well not make it possible, or just hand it to us. your logic makes no sense

16. SniperViper76

SniperViper76 Forerunner

I think it does.
    Your logic makes no sense.
    Wheres the fun in just giving it away?
    Let the community figure it out, although i'm not saying they DID put one in on purpose.
    But i wouldn't be surprised if they let something slide for that purpose

17. Dralthi

Dralthi Ancient

That sucks, I'm sure someone will find a budget glitch though, it is just a matter of time. An item limit glitch on the other hand...

18. Wraith

Wraith Ancient

LOL, a maze of insta-death barriers.

19. Charleo0192

Charleo0192 Forerunner

The only thing that has got me worried about forge world is the object limits. I mean its a huge world but if we can only ever fill 1/20 of it then seems pointless to make such a big area. Im hoping they will have a pretty big budget.

20. Prospect

Prospect Forerunner

No matter what anyone says, it's always possible to do something amazing no matter what the limitations are. I doubt they're gonna "give" us another budget glitch and I'm pretty sure that that's one of the things they checked a lot so that it doesn't happen again. On an area that big, some idiots who do budget glitch might think it would be cool to place items EVERYWHERE and lag the @#$* out of the game. To reinstate my point, I'm with wooden on this one, 95% chance of there not being a budget glitch.