Forgemates! Are You Looking For Someone to Forge With?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Agamer, Jul 29, 2010.

1. MikeyGeordie

MikeyGeordie Promethean

Forge like a pro, comedian or sportsman :p

Gamertag: Mikeygeordie

Times I can get on: You tell me when you want me there :D

Mic: Hells yeah! English only

Something describing yourself: I'm scientifically minded, but fairly imaginative. I have a good experience in specified planning, creation and debugging of PvP created material for several small companies in the north-east of England. Nowadays, I like to put my ideas into pixels and I look to have at least one map in my time featured on Halo: Reach and eventually on Halo 4 when I buy it! Need a good buddy to help along when I hit walls, experience with Forge is handy but not essential. Gotta have a good sense of humour, for sure. Hopefully good at shooting, too; I'm quite partial to a bit of Team SWAT and Team Slayer!

Kind of maps I like to make: In all seriousness? EVERYTHING!!! Racecourses, replica buildings in reality, vessels, floating maps, large, small - literally anything!

#301 MikeyGeordie, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  2. Auggie Burr

Auggie Burr Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

If anyone knows how to set up objectives, spawns, ect. Let me know.

I'm gonna need a hand from someone experienced in the Halo Reach/Halo 4 Forge system to help me on my new remake of The Pit.

Add me or respond please.
    Thanks

3. Euphorius

Euphorius Promethean

Add me for forging whenever.

GT:Euphorius

4. Squall741

Squall741 Ancient

Gamertag: Squall731
    Times you can get on: 5pm-10pm Eastern
    Mic yes/no?: Oui/yes
    Something describing yourself: I'm a goofy, sarcastic, skeptical, political, vulgar guy that likes PC and Console gaming.
    Kind of maps you like to make:Well recently, I was think about making a fun mini custom map using hard light shields with a bro. So if you want to hang out and make that map. add me and lets DO IT YEAH! B)

5. Pshycic Suicide

Pshycic Suicide Promethean

Gamertag: Pshycic Suicide
    Times you can get on: Depends on work schedule, usually mornings and nights.
    Mic yes/no?: Yes.
    Something describing yourself: Easy going guy with Forging experience. Get to know me.
    Some of your work: (Optional) A link to your maps. All my Reach maps were lost when my hard drive got stolen unfortunately. But most maps were Gears Of War Remakes, Zelda maps and some odd and end stuff I played around with. I definitely have experience.
    Kind of maps you like to make: I like remakes a lot. Give me an idea and I usually figure out a way to put it into Forge.

Currently working on a space ship remake. If you're interested, feel free to send me a message over Xbox. Experience with ship making is certainly a plus!

6. ManlyStudson

ManlyStudson Promethean

I guess this would be the best place to put my first post.

Gamertag- ManlyStudson
    Mic- yes

Uh, I guess to describe myself would mean having to play online with me to know. But, being halo related, the kind of maps I like to make are generally not maps. See, I'm one of the guys who doesn't really use forge & custom games for the sake of playing halo, but for exploiting the opportunities that forge offers. That's what I assume this forum is about. The problem with me is that I'm more of a thinker and less of an actor. I never end up finishing anything I start working on. I will always have a little idea for something, though. So come and talk to me and maybe we can make something together.

7. IamMKB

IamMKB Promethean

Gamertag: I am MKB
    Times you can get on: Anytime when I don't work.
    Mic yes/no?: Yes
    Something describing yourself: Dedicated.
    Some of your work: (Optional) A link to your maps.
    Kind of maps you like to make: FFA, 1v1, 4v4. (KOTH, Slayer, Oddball, and CTF.

8. Digital Limit

Digital Limit Ancient

Gamertag: Digital Limit
    Time: CST, evening
    Mic: Roger that!

Description: I'm a pretty fastidious guy when it comes to Forge, so I'd be looking for help from someone equally concerned with precise coordinates, symmetry and what have you. That said, I still want a fun map that seems lively, so creative is awesome.

Map preference: I love Capture the Flag, and given we are currently without 1-Flag, I suppose any map supporting 1-way symmetry and a Mongoose is good enough for me. My favorite map is Avalanche from Halo 3, which I'm attempting to "remake" (Forge has too many limitations for a true remake) or reimagine, rather.

I'm currently mirroring the map out now, actually, if anyone is free tonight! Just send me a friend request. Oh hey, and I'm a 24 year old web developer, for context.

9. QuincySonido

QuincySonido Promethean

Gamertag: A Quincy Joker

Times you can get on: Pretty much anytime during the afternoon after 3pm on Tuesday and Thursday, and I can be on at any time after those 2 days will go until probably 2am.

Something describing yourself: Raw Creativity; Need someone to help me refine my maps or just have fun with me. Have a youtube channel JokerNationGaming. Pretty chill, like to have a good laugh. Need to expand my horizons on building maps. I'm currently able to create Dominion maps, but I still have a few errors here and there. Part of the Joker Nation clan and community if you wanted an invite. I like being able to go in depth on discussions on forging. I would prefer having someone who is available whenever I'm not ranking up. I don't do Halo Reach anymore more interested in Halo 4. Send me a friend request if you would like to team up. I like having original Forgework instead of copying someone else's design.

Some of your work: (Optional) A link to your maps. Triple Threat Fret, Mantis Impact Arena.

Kind of maps you like to make: Dominion, Flood, 4v4, Infinity Slayer, CTF, Vehicle Warfare, creating Bases or huge buildings such as castles with a unique design.

#309 QuincySonido, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  10. dgresch

dgresch Promethean

Gamertag: krzy kankles

Times available: random, usually late EST (9-1am-ish)

Mic: yep

About myself: 20 year old student, like to keep active, rip halo iunno. I like forging maps, rarely get any done though cause it gets boring by yourself? I making maps that play well but also match up and look good.

Types of maps: infinity slayer, flood, dominion... If I think an idea is cool then why not try and make a map for it I don't really care.

11. Jack OS X

Jack OS X Ancient

Jack

19, college, like to forge mlg type maps (love mlg gametypes and maps, but I hate buttmunch MLG players)

But I like doing new things.

I usually have good concepts.....

12. KSI Datz RITE

KSI Datz RITE Promethean

Gamertag: KSI Datz RITE
    Times you can get on: 5-10pm PST on weekdays, anytime on weekends
    Mic yes/no?: yes
    Something describing yourself: Fairly decent forger with great ideas but a hard time starting maps
    Some of your work: I've made 3 maps in Halo 4 already but they need to be tested
    Kind of maps you like to make: competitive, would like to make linear flood maps, like remaking maps from other games (ex: Counter-strike, SWBF)

13. RyanSoup68

RyanSoup68 Promethean

GT is RyanSoup69
    Mostly forge visually aesthetic maps, so I would love to Forge with someone who knows a bit more about gameplay aesthetics. Have some pretty decent ideas in mind regarding unique gameplay mechanics. I'm pretty laid-back, but I do have a mild tendency to nit-pick of something either doesn't look right or doesn't play right. I have a mic, but no real consistent schedule. Usually any time between noon and 6:00 PM or from 8:00 PM to 2:00 AM Mountain time.

14. QuincySonido

QuincySonido Promethean

Hey bro I have a forge mate that's interested in remaking old halo maps in Halo 4 so shoot me a friend request and we can add more to the forge team. JN allies always welcome. GT: A Quincy Joker

15. cIockwork ninja

cIockwork ninja Promethean

Gamertag: cIockwork ninja

Times you can get on: anytime other than work, 4 on 4 off schedule.

Mic yes/no?: yes! turtle beach

Something describing yourself and what you're looking to make: Creative looking to make new competitive smaller maps. Something that fits well with the fast paced action of H4, not the BTB maps that are packaged with it..... Also interested in remaking Halo 2 maps if possible, and some halo 1 (Chiron TL-34 would be amazing if it could be pulled off...) UT3 has some maps that would fit halo amazingly too.... Facing Worlds for CTF....

Hit me up if you're interested in making amazing maps to introduce to halo.

So far on Halo 4 I've done an adaptation of Uncaged from reach, as well as a slightly modified "The Longest Yard" from Quake. On my file share.

16. johannes br0

johannes br0 Promethean

Gamertag: "johannes br0" <-- yupp thats a zero.
    Times you can get on: Any where, any time
    Mic yes/no?: yeh
    Something describing yourself:
    I love forge! I basically try to make every map different from anything iv seen before. I like to make new and creative maps with a funny twist! I hope I can get some friend requests from the people out there! Im a friendless halo4 player at the moment!

17. Canadamation

Canadamation Ancient

Gamertag: Ghost147
    Times you can get on: once a day to every few days
    Mic yes/no?: yes
    Something describing yourself: creative
    Kind of maps you like to make: Mini Games and Puzzle maps

18. bigjaywara

bigjaywara Ancient

Gamertag: Mister Tatsujay
    Times you can get on: Afternoon, nights, late nights
    Something describing yourself: I'm pretty chill bu sometimes I'm a crazy fool.
    Some of your work: (Optional) A link to your maps.
    Kind of maps you like to make: Flood, Minigame, Puzzle

19. TheJudge

TheJudge Promethean

Gamertag: iSpree v3
    Times you can get on: No reoccurring restrictions. I can be on throughout the day.
    Something describing yourself: I was a huge forger back in halo 3. Never played reach because it felt too different but couldn't resist getting halo 4. Forge improvements have reignited my passion for forge and I spend countless hours trying different ideas.
    Some of your work: I haven't compiled it for online sharing yet, but I've created a few maps.
    Kind of maps you like to make: Puzzle, Race, MLG, minigames, and old map remakes.

PS: Currently working on a puzzle map, Looking for inspiration.

20. gun fer hire

gun fer hire Promethean

Little bit about me: I'm a 29 year old guy who's a huge tech and gaming geek that enjoys craft brew beers and graphic design... when i'm not workin' for the man in my day job haha. Looking to find some guys to help/be helped/co build and just screw around in forge with.

Gamertag: gun fer hire
    Times you can get on: Wed. 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm eastern / Weekends Sat & Sunday during most days.
    Something describing yourself: I was also big into forge in the past but wandered away from Halo after Halo 3. Back now and want to start building!
    Some of your work: I don't have much of anything in H4... but believe me I'm not a complete noob.
    Kind of maps you like to make: I'm not much for the pretty but pointless stuff. I like to Forge (and play) on focused arena styled maps... maps with good sight lines... maps with clever pathways and good flow. I also dig lockout styled platform and bridge maps. Basically I miss Halo 2 lol. Would also be down to help/co-forge some remakes.

I've had an idea do to some Map-Mashups - Combine aspects from say Hang'em High and Ascension... or Lockout and Guardian. Cool maps that invoke bits and pieces of two classics. Anybody wanna forge? haha