ForgeHub Newsfeed September 30th

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by I Crush All, Sep 30, 2021.

By I Crush All on Sep 30, 2021 at 11:03 PM
  1. I Crush All

I Crush All The Bojack Horseman of the Forge Community

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hey everyone and welcome to a new installment of the ForgeHub Newsfeed! Today we have quite the amount of content to talk about, from news on Halo Infinite to news on Halo Infinite's competitive scene!

So without further ado, let's get right into this ForgeHub Newsfeed!

]
    [​IMG]

Halo Infinite's first competitive event kicks off this year, and will be going on from December 17th through the 19th, just in time for some holiday fun! It's selling pretty well, tickets are almost completely sold out for spectators so if you want to attend this first Halo Infinite event, be sure to purchase your tickets here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hcs-kickoff-major-raleigh-2021-tickets-172309401057

If you are looking to compete in HCS Raleigh then you can compete in the Free For All Bracket with general admission passes or you can wait until November 17th for team passes to go on sale!

If you're attending HCS Raleigh look out for some of the Forgehub Staff such as myself and Foge, as we'll both be attending!

]

Recently we've been given the privilege of having a dual weekend flighting process with Halo Infinite, within this flight we have got quite the amount of new content to play around with including new weapons, abilities, and maps!

If you didn't know, this flight is currently open to everyone in the flighting program, and friend invite codes have been sent out to participants' emails so they can bring some friends along for the ride! So check those emails and reach out to some friends so we can break the servers before launch!

Here's just a taste of all the new content that's been provided with this flight:

Behemoth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Behemoth is the most recent map to be revealed for gameplay in the flighting program, it's a creation from one of ForgeHub's own (now developer for 343i) Tyler Ensrude! The map supports 4v4 Arena gameplay with two adjacent vehicles and power weapon spawns. This map was a blast to play in the recent flight and it will surely be a blast come release too!

Fragmentation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fragmentation is the next upcoming map in the flight and will be available from 10am PST to 2pm PST and from 5pm PST to 9pm PST for the remainder of the flight (October 1st through the 3rd) Hopefully BTB will play out great on this map, as It's also created by one of ForgeHub's own, Cliff Schuldt! This map features 2 bases in a canyon, akin to classic BTB maps from the classic games s; such as Blood Gulch from CE and Containment from H2. It also features a new side objective for BTB the loot cave! This will be interesting to try out so hopefully all our feedback and gameplay records will help make this the best it can be before launch!

New Weapons!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With this flight we also got a new look at some new and old weapons, the Hydra is returning from Halo 5 with a new sleek design and its lock on function made into an alt-fire, the Hydra now allows for the main fire mode to be an extremely quick rocket, while the lock on is a slower projectile but locks onto enemies and seeks them aggressively

The Mangler is a slug shooting pistol that has a severe drop off to its projectile and kills in 4 shots

The Disrupter is a Electric gun that seems to "Electrify" (I like to call it poison) an enemy player and deal a small amount of damage over time.

The Sentinel beam has a new sleek design that takes aspects from the Halo 5 Sentinel beam and the Halo 2 one, The weapon still overheats like the classic beam weapon, but it rocks the classic blue-ish highlights around the cylinder of the beam

The Cindershot is a new unique gun that combines 3 weapons from the Halo 5 Sandbox; it combines the Plasma Caster's grenade launcher mechanics with the Ad Victorian's guiding feature and the Void's Tear suction effect, this isn't major though as it only pulls you closer to the explosive damage slightly, not nearly as much as the Void's Tear

New Gamemode!
    Total control was added to this flight and we'll see more about its contents with the BTB portion of the flight which is coming up very soon!

]
    With the Halo Infinite flight coming to a close very soon, we all will be needing some help coping with the wait for December 8th, and even December 17th-19th for HCS Raleigh! This month has been chaulked full of news and content for the game and the competitive scene, things seem to be ramping up to launch and I personally can't wait to get the full experience in our hands on December 8th!

See Y'all starside!
    -Crush

II SEGA USA II and HAYDN est1999 like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by I Crush All, Sep 30, 2021.