Forge World Basic Sketchup Objects

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Vincent Torre, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

Proof of what? You're not making any sense.

The doorway is exactly the same size as the walls, 2x2. They already said they built every single object to scale with the world unit.

Also as I said in my last post I overlayed the walls over the doorways and it covered it completely.

Explain what you mean properly or stop talking about it.

2. WWWilliam

WWWilliam Forerunner

I think that this is for a program I don't have which is a shame because this looks really handy.

One thing i noticed strait away not that big of a deal but the "Grid" object is 15 by 15 squares and its roughly about the size 6 "Giant Walls" all flat.
    Example:
    [][][]
    [][][]

3. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

Google Sketchup is a free download.

And I'm not sure what you mean exactly. The grid is mostly just to have something to build on so it's not super important how accurate it is.

4. JEEF

JEEF Ancient

OK the bottom to post ok, the outsides of them ok, are the distance of the a block large, 40', you have it so the diagonal on the top is 40' away. in the picture it shows that the posts on the bottom ok, are 40' apart or the size of a block large. yours are 34' away

5. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

Umm, if you're trying to say what I think you're trying to say, you're still not making very much sense at all.
    If you're debating the sizing of the doorways, they look just about right. I don't think the minor detais should matter much at all, seeing as the game is still about 7 weeks away, it's much too early for detailed planning.

6. Paranoia UK

Paranoia UK Ancient

Jeef if its such a big problem descale it yourself, your the only one who thinks this is am issue. You clearly have google sketchup so just do it yourself.

Mick and bartoge didnt have to offer this to eveyone did they? You should be thankful instread of arguing a tiny little detail

7. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

I still don't think you're correct. The posts look inset slightly in everything I've seen and the total area (if you drew a square around the perimeter) is still 2x2.

8. JEEF

JEEF Ancient

1. im not the only one that thinks they're off scale, many of the people i've been talking to think the scaling is completely off.
    2. I have my own components that i made, but they don't have texture.
    3. I'm just trying to get it right, for those who want to plan ahead and get accurate components, So i shouldn't be thankful, i'm trying to do the right thing.

9. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

Don't use them then. Frankly I don't care what you or people you talk to think. Me and Bartoge spent a lot of time analyzing the pieces and this is the best conclusion we could come to.

If you don't like it, don't use it. I'm not changing something that isn't a problem.

Here's some pictures for proof that what we did is correct.

Door Overlayed over the wall
    [​IMG]

The "Proof" picture you posted shows how they sit in slightly.
    [​IMG]

You're wrong. HTH.

#29 Vincent Torre, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  10. Paranoia UK

Paranoia UK Ancient

Mick are you guys still making the other peices? I would offer to help but im a bit noobish with sketch up.

11. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

Yup we're hard at work. The others are much more complex so they're taking a lot longer, but little by little they're getting done. We also did things like convert the world unit to be equal to 1m so it's easier for people to move objects and not use feet, stuff like that.

We could use all the help we could get, even doing one complex object would be a huge help for us.

12. Paranoia UK

Paranoia UK Ancient

I can use sketchup when I have the components laid out in front of me but i've never made anything before. I'll see what I can do though. Im gonna see if I can find some tutorial videos to help me. Do you have a place where you guys are discussing the project?

13. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

We're been using skype to collaborate. My skype name is mickraider.

14. Paranoia UK

Paranoia UK Ancient

I dont use skype unfortunately. I'll just PM you if i need to.

15. Sethiroth87

Sethiroth87 Ancient

the main problem after using these components is that you named almost all the blocks wrong. I have fixed it on my version and can send it to you if you want

#35 Sethiroth87, Jul 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  16. JEEF

JEEF Ancient

That definitely looks right, I guess I have to apologize, for some reason it just makes more sense to me, and was hoping for it to be that way, but with that I'm second guessing what I first thought.

17. Sethiroth87

Sethiroth87 Ancient

I first want to say you did a really good job and trying to make components for us and like i said before your names are completely wrong for most of the objects because there is video proof of every block object names and because you skrewed up the name you also screwed up the scale in some of them.

There for because i love Sketch-up i have gone and completely renamed and redid everything that is wrong.

Again i repeat myself so this dosent turn into a big arguement, You did a great job on what you have. The next time i post it will more than likely have the better components done

#37 Sethiroth87, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  18. Paranoia UK

Paranoia UK Ancient

im dont think names and scales really matter too much, what mich and bartoge have done is give members a decent amount of stuff to be able to sketch out some basic maps. It is inevitable that some sizes will be out and some models will be impossible to make, but we have more than enough to get started with and when Reach comes out everyone can try to recreate their sketch as best they can. Its a great head start

19. Bartoge

Bartoge Ancient

I realize that some of the objects are off. I didn't actually look at the blocks that Mick made, so some of them are bigger than they should be. We have been fixing them, and will release the download link when we have some more complex objects done.

20. Vincent Torre

Vincent Torre Ancient

Yup sorry about the errors in the first set. I hastily did a lot of the blocks and made most of them during the day where forgehub was down so I didn't have access to conkerkids list of objects.

We've been fixing them as we find them. The new version will be much improved over the basic set. Hopefully we can release it soonish.

Edit:

Here's a little sneak peak of what's to come in the future.

[​IMG]

#40 Vincent Torre, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.