Forge update.

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by pajamaSAURUSrex, Mar 9, 2008.

1. pajamaSAURUSrex

pajamaSAURUSrex Ancient

"Ok. I bought an xbox 360 and halo 3 just so i could forge on foundry, and I am very satisfied with my purchase. But, I have some ideas to make it better:

1. Fix the bug (not sure if it's a bug, but I can't see why bungie would put it in on perpose) that occasionaly does not allow you to "save changes" to a custom map, but only "save as new map". because of this, i have 4 variants (earlyer versions) of the same map.

2. For placing objects, there should be a 22.5 degree (1/4 of 90 degrees or 1/2 of 45 degrees) snapping feature for all directions (pitch, yaw, and roll).

3. Since pressing the B button in editor mode just drops the object you are holding (just like the A button does), it should be changed to freeze the object in place (as if you built up boxes and deleted them to make a floating object), note: this should apply only to objects that, once set, will not budge.

4. Make it so that when you are holding and object in editor mode, the Y button's function is changed to delete the object you are holding, with no chance of deleting other objects . I can't tell you how many times i have messed up a section of my map by accident because of this.

5. For custom power ups, you should be able to change it's name in the same menu as it's effect. So instead of: you picked up a custom power up. it could be: you picked up rail weapon enhancer.

That is all for now.
    So what do you think?
    Tell me if you think that this would be a great addition to the forge.

Thankyou.

ps
    for those of you that don't know what "rail" is (no, not the kind beside stairs), it just means the bullets go alot faster and have much more momentum, making them more powerfull. (for halo that would mean just like double damage)."

Plz go and post and vote on my poll at bungie.net
    together we may cause this update to come true.

link to poll at bungie.net
    http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=18253057&viewreplies=true#end

2. Klink258

Klink258 Ancient

Moving To: Forge Discussion
    Reason: Not an intro

3. Unleash Mayhem

Unleash Mayhem Ancient

4. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

sounds good, the snaping tool would definetly help me alot.

5. Grim Effects

Grim Effects Ancient

Ya, the snapping tool is rlly needed, lining up things is a *****. But I've never seen the other bug and i dont think the custom power up is rlly needed. The pressing B button to hold it in mid air would be great but i dont think bungie will add it, anyways we have the save changes-end game thing.

6. Cooleo24

Cooleo24 Ancient

Amen, to wat you said about "saving changes."

7. Mallet

Mallet Ancient
    Banned

I've never had the saving changes glitch.. very strange.

If bungie did add a snap feature and things that we want.. what are the chances that it will make maps from the pre patch unusable? Would we want these features at the expense of our past hard work?

8. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

Yes, we would.

9. VestigeL

VestigeL Ancient

Don't worry, I bet everyone who uses Forge would love for many things to be changed. Many things won't happen sadly.

10. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

why would it make them unusable? i don't get it.

11. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Since when does B-button do anything?

You're too late. Forge controls are already coded into the game engine.

12. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

There is no problem with saving, it is because if it is a map from the default FOundry, you must save as a new map, other wise, you can just save it...

And snap to would be great, but impossible...

But those are some great ideas...

13. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

Actually, Moore, if you don't go through the menus to select the map to load it up again after coming back from, say matchmaking, it glitches and thinks that the map is the default(Foundry, Valhalla, etc.) this disallows you from saving changes.

14. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

Oh well... Does it really matter that much? You can save it, the delete the older version...

15. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

Sometimes it does matter, say you've put in an hour of work, and you go to save your map, unfortunately it has the save as new map option only, so you click that.
    And what notification comes up, but the one telling you that you have 100 custom game files.
    So you go to cut yourself in the bathroom.

16. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

Oh yeah... that would suck. I think the 100 limit should be moved up by 10 with each DLC pack... if that was possible...

17. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

Actually that is a really good idea.
    And what Bungie says isn't possible, it is usually just really hard to do, and if It's really hard to do, it's moderately difficult.

18. Matty

Matty Ancient

This isnt really a bug, you have to re-select the map you are playing before you start forge, otherwise the xbox doesnt know if you want to over-right it or not.

All of the other points are pretty solid, although i doubt any of them will happen. They are too integral to forge, and i doubt can be changed.