Forge Training out of order until further notice

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by ReaprX5, Dec 10, 2007.

1. ReaprX5

ReaprX5 Ancient

Hey Forge trainees I guess AZN FTW gave up on this thread and wants to start his own training group so you'll have to wait until he gets that up and running so sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Screw AZN. There's no law that says you can't be helping people learn how to Forge. I don't care what he thinks, he doesn't own Forge. If people want to learn, and you can teach (or anyone can teach), then do so. Waiting on AZN's approval for teaching people is NOT what this site is about, and I can't sit back and pretend that it's OK. AZN, if you're reading this, know that I don't mean any disrespect...I just can't let someone put down a good idea because you're too busy right now. -Lance

2. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

Re: Forge Training

I have been trying to teach everyone that I come-a-by on how I do my things... If anyone wants training from myself then post here. And as I teach people, I can assign them to teach people, and so on. So I think this should work out fine. I just need an initial group of trainees (I feel like I'm back at BASIC again) to whip into shape (JUST WHIP IT!!!).

Any volunteers?

3. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

I could train people too. My forging style is a little different then AZNs, so we could get better variety.

4. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

Agreed... if we get enough interest I shall dub this stickied...

5. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

I think training sessions would be a great idea. You could have one guilder and seven trainees per "session," and a lot could be taught. Perhaps have sign-ups like for the custom game nights? There are quite a few guilders, and each of them could set up a thirty minute (or so) session according to their own personal schedules.

I really like this idea; it works well with the concept of passing on earned knowledge. That's what we're here for, right? Great idea, it's got my vote!

6. Fbu

Fbu Ancient

Heh, you could charge people money like the MLG pros do

That would be dumb though >.<

7. Shadow_Player

Shadow_Player Ancient

OK, Im quite new to the forging world but I have been able to get better with it through the reading the Forging 101 postings. I must salute you all, but I feel that the training sessions would be awesome in my opinion. I mean before I was an amateur to the forging community, simply just dropping weapons, equipment, and power-ups in just random spots, and got a little fusion coil happy as well, but with the use of Forge 101 I have gotten better, but I believe with the aid of the the training I would be able to make maps and gametypes that woluld be of high quality and at the same time that much fun for myself, friends, and forgers alike.

8. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

General consensus is "yes." Shall someone suggest this to a Guilder?

9. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

LAWLZ AT FBU!!!

Anyways, personally this is how I would do the training sessions (this is what I learned from training new guys at Armored Core):

- Take 1 person at a time
    - View their maps to see what they already know and what they need to learn
    - Take the time to teach what is needed
    - Move on to next person

I learned teaching more than 1 person at a time just causes ruckus. While we're teaching something that some people already know, than those people will end up being disruptive while we are trying to teach the others. And more personalized training works better in that way we don't have to teach something that the trainee doesn't already know.

And personally, based on the personalities of the guilders... most of them would not want to do it or not quite be qualified to do it. Teaching requires patience, understanding, and the ability to explain. Not everyone can do it. Personally I think the only 2 possible guilders as trainers are Trick and Shock. Yavi, True, and Cottage really don't seem like the teacher type.

However, I will find quality forgers to supply as trainers. And I think Grave would be a great canidate. I just need to find some more or get some more trained.

10. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

AZN, I would train under you like a samurai. Or like Luke Skywalker. That would be cool. Wait, going of topic, lol. But really, the Forge 101 really help, and AZN's 'constructive' criticism are really helpful.

11. Killer Carebear

Killer Carebear Ancient

The only things I don't know I could test to figure out. The thing you need for forge is a good mind. You're gonna have to learn to think with forge yourself, unless you want a brain transplant/lobotomy.

12. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

Reapr, I am putting you in charge of updating your first post frequently with trainers and trainees. The only two trainers right now are myself and Gravedigger. Put full GTs when you post in this topic from now on, if you want to sign up. When we train people I will approve them for trainer status when I think they are ready.

13. o Forge Freak o

o Forge Freak o Ancient

I can teach people, I already know a lot, although I'm sure theres stuff I could learn...

14. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

I have worked with Gravedigger, but I haven't worked with you. I would have to check you out first (that's kinda kinky). Toss me a FR. I won't check you out today or tomorrow. I will be busy (today with AC4 and tomorrow with new maps).

15. El Diablo

El Diablo Ancient

I could probly train (or need just a little bit more). I got 2 maps im working on right
    now that i can show u

16. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

I don't know why, but I never want to show a guilder my map. Maybe it's because I don't want them to think I suck, and have a disposition against me. My maps will never be done enough for guilder's eyes to laid upon.

17. El Diablo

El Diablo Ancient

darn now u got me paranoid
    oh and one of 'em is middle ground which is on the test nite list thing

18. ROC bioflame

ROC bioflame Ancient

i would like to be a trainer...hook me up ;D

19. Rejecting You

Rejecting You Ancient

Agreed. The day I hear a Guilder or someone say my map is good, I will apply.

20. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

You'll never know until you've tried. You can ask Asper... I have given him great advice on his maps...