Forge The Studio

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by emilio30, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Willy

Willy Ancient

2. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

3. padres1944

padres1944 Ancient

My Avalanche Map Submission

It uses one of the bases of Avalanche, walled off with Barriers(glass) to allow Backstage Pass Winners to see and be seen. BPWs can also take a teleporter to behind the main base glass and view from "outside" the normal confines of the map. Mongooses and man cannons are provided for their enjoyment. Hosts and Guests spawn and walk forward, ignoring the teleporters. Walls will spawn behind them in 60 seconds, blocking them in and allowing the BPWs to be invited. Turrets are provided on the bottom level of the base. The teleporters are transport to two of the main BPW viewing areas, and the third can be gotten to simply by walking forward. Where the hosts and guests should stand is ultimately up to you, Kete, but I've marked my suggestions with weapon holders on the floor of the studio. I'm very hopeful with this entry(if I win, I'll be back on the show for a third time).

4. NOKYARD

NOKYARD GrifballHub
    Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

Since the next scheduled guest is going to be Burnie Burnes of Red vs. Blue
    I couldn't pass this one up (since both Kete and Burnie are on my Friends List).

This Sandbox Skybubble studio is a multi-level design made mostly of walls, columns, and tube pieces.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It also features a great view of the Grifball court Burnie asked me to build.

Grifball High was selected by Bungie as one of their favourite maps and was
    the #2 Sandbox map at one time (now #6).

Two variations of this map are in the XXP Grifball Weekend.

[​IMG]

It not only looks good, but it is a fully functional Grifball court.

[​IMG]

The backstage pass winners can play the game Burnie invented in the background!
    (Don't worry, scoring will not end the round.)

[​IMG]

also...
    for the forgers
    [​IMG]

Map: GrifballHighTRR
    Game: TRR : Grifball

5. Beefi

Beefi Ancient

I was wondering, are you guys planning on transitioning on to Reach after the launch or are you staying or halo 3?

6. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

We will be moving the show to Reach after the Burnie Burns interview. But it will be some time before we start up interviews again after the release. We have to get our hands on Forge World first to see what the future holds for the show.

#146 emilio30, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  7. Beefi

Beefi Ancient

Well I've got an idea for a studio on reach so I'm glad you will be continueing interviews there.

8. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

Episode 30 Winner

EPISODE 30 WILL BE THE LAST HALO 3 STUDIO
    FUTURE EPISODES WILL TAKE PLACE IN HALO:REACH
    STAY TUNED FOR NEW CONTEST RULES ONCE WE SEE FORGE WORLD OPTIONS

#148 emilio30, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  9. TheUnseenForce

TheUnseenForce Forerunner

Now that Halo: Reach is out, have you decided on the rules for studios in Reach yet?

10. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

Not yet. I hope to have them up real soon so you guys can start submitting. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

11. FlamingArmadillo

FlamingArmadillo Forerunner

I'm have a studio location/idea for Reach, and I will try and get it working again soon, as my first attempt was lost due to that stupid save glitch.

12. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

now accepting reach submissions
    same rules apply from halo 3

13. Willy

Willy Ancient

14. WannaBeMe

WannaBeMe Forerunner

This map has a very professional studio-ey kind of feel, when you spawn you have 60 seconds to walk through a door right infront of you (It's gonna be hard, ain't it?) you then walk through a set of doors to a backstage area, where there are two energy swords on the walls, and 4 machine guns turrets to waste your sword ammo on. When the wall closes and you can invite your guests, be sure to stay backstage until all guests are invited and in the viewing area, as you can then each walk through a set of parallel doors making you feel like you're on a real talk show, behind the doors you walk through are two white lights, making you look mysterious until you walk out the other side. When you come through either of the doors there are two couches able to seat 3 - 4 people on each. Backstage there is a one way teleporter to the guest area (with a barrier around it so you don't accidentally go through) and then a two way teleporter from there into and out of the guest play area which I have to admit is totally awesome and you will have to play it to find out what it is. The guest area has eight initial spawns and 8 respawns to accommodate a large audience. The guest area is blocked from the stage by some windows, so they cannot get through. If the guests decide to explore they can, like I said, go through the two way teleporter in the guest area to get to a very truly awesome guest play area, which took me a little while to create and is just far enough away from the map to not be able to hear the noise from it in the studio.

Here's the file link:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10915496&player=Anna Recsiek

EDIT: I will take some screenshots soon.

#154 WannaBeMe, Dec 9, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  15. Fuz

Fuz Forerunner

Where can I watch Episode 17?

16. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

Here's the link: TRR Podcast Ep 17

It will be in a new place soon so that is why I removed it from the original post.

17. mo1dy cheez

mo1dy cheez Forerunner

My studio.

I was going for a kind of David Letterman-ish deal, complete with a sweeping view of forgeworld and room for a studio audience. Obviously, feel free to edit the map to your exact needs, notably in terms of number of guests and any features you may deem unnecessary.
    I've provided the map and few screenshots in my fileshare: Bungie.net : Reach : Service Record

18. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

There are images and videos of map but no map variant in your file share.

19. TELEVIS10N

TELEVIS10N Forerunner

My Submission link added!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will be able to upload map in 3 or so days

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When you spawn, you drop.

[​IMG]

back stage
    [​IMG]

Gathering table, with markers for positioning(additional markers inside table)
    [​IMG]

Back stage activities
    [​IMG]

Getting out
    [​IMG]

link>Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

#159 TELEVIS10N, Dec 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  20. WannaBeMe

WannaBeMe Forerunner

TELEVIS10N, don't post that, you're gonna make mine look bad :p