Forge The Studio

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by emilio30, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Twilight GN0ME

Twilight GN0ME Ancient

Hey Emilio,

I posted a good while back about doing a Dodgeball Stage and my zombie map, Black Chapel for the stage, but after the maps ballsed up with release, I am re-releasing the package with a different map first;

[​IMG]

I have a specially built interview version for an interview I had about the map (e.g. Sofas, blocked corridors other than two entry ones etc.), but could easily make some minor edits to suit it for the show to fit your requirements, but the map isn't going to be released for a little bit longer yet. To see the map, could you just pm me and I'll open a version built specifically for the interview; it has a very homely feel for the zombie deathtrap its meant to be :D

Also, is it cool if I continue to post the maps as I prepare to bring them out as teasers? (E.g. Black Chapel, Rooftops, Lone Depot. If this would be possible, I will take the time to convert them into cozy interview rooms.

Cheers,

T.G.

2. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

3. Willy

Willy Ancient

My new studio submission. This one is great for two people at least I think so. Also this one lets InsaneFREAKBOY interact with the back stage pass winners but while still staying within the studio limits. I think the back stage pass winners will really have fun on this one.

Video tour
    Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

Map

4. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

5. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

Hey guys, let's see some more of these! They're not all that hard to do, fairly fun to make, and your creation ends up getting seen by hundreds of people live. Do eet!

6. Willy

Willy Ancient

7. SNiPE0UT 55

SNiPE0UT 55 Ancient

I HAVE 2 NEW MAPS

MAP # 1 Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    this map is a model of the halopedia offices. it shows what it would look like complete with qubicals and desks. There are two seprate areas first the area that is the office. Next theres a seprate section which is a interview room and sky boxes that overlooks the office. It all fits together very well.

MAP# 2
    this is my episode 20 map remade. i change alot of things to make it MUCH better and looks differant. it was turned so you can see the sunset, it is also two levels now.

ENJOY! - SNiPE0UT 55

8. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

9. Beefi

Beefi Ancient

Looks like I'm going to have to start work on a new map now that you've used both my submissions :p

Ohh also twilightGnomes getting my VIP pass since i can't make it, thats right, not you insane :D

#129 Beefi, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  10. Seaboro Kibbles

Seaboro Kibbles Ancient

How about a studio on an elephant? I could figure something out with the gametype, and it could work quite nicely, a moving studio, what do you think?

11. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

Cmon. You should know what I think. Oh yeah! Well lets see if it will work of course.

12. Seaboro Kibbles

Seaboro Kibbles Ancient

(updated)
    Okay sweet, I think this will work out nicely. I rigged a juggernaut gametype to work with this idea. You'd have the show on the moving elephant while the passholders mess around. Everyone in the game is on the same team and can't hurt each other exept for the juggernaut, he acts as the moderator of the passholders, and can kill anyone who doesn't comply, he should be a guy you trust. Along with you, insanefreekboy and your guest someone has to be the juggernaut and someone should drive the elephant. It's up to you whether two people do the jobs or one person does both or you guys do those jobs or find people to volunteer (I can). I put the teleporter launcher from the awesome avalanche studio, some vehicles and a catapult for the passholders to entertain themselves with. Let me know what you think.

TRR Podcast
    TRR Sandtreck

#132 Seaboro Kibbles, Mar 21, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  13. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

14. Seaboro Kibbles

Seaboro Kibbles Ancient

I'm done here.

#134 Seaboro Kibbles, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  15. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

If you see the original post, I don't promise to get back to everyone on their submissions. I am sorry to hear that you are "done here". I've always liked your submissions. It is hard to give feedback on each map. I really can't explain my selection process since I have a vision in my head on how the show will go with each submission. I am sure there are other forge contests out there that you submit your map and no feedback is given. That is the nature of this contest too. I do appreciate the time put into these studios and when no feedback is given it seems that your work has gone in vain. Let me just say that it does NOT go in vain. It just adds to the studio database and inspires creativity.

That being said, about your latest submission, I tried it out and it really won't work in the show. It's hard to explain why but simply it would be too much to manage while conducting the interview.

I hope you reconsider your decision.

Kete

16. Seaboro Kibbles

Seaboro Kibbles Ancient

The avalanche studio is in my mind the coolest thing ever, and it presumably suited the criteria perfectly. I understand that you can't give feedback to everyone, but unless you tell me what you're looking for I simply can't do any better, in my mind I've done the best I can with what I have. If there's no feedback in this contest, then this just isn't my contest anymore.

#136 Seaboro Kibbles, Apr 22, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  17. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

18. NOKYARD

NOKYARD GrifballHub
    Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

Fantastic!

I hope i still have the map.

19. emilio30

emilio30 Ancient

I still have all the maps submitted here. ;)

20. Willy

Willy Ancient

So this will be my last posting of studio maps at least until Halo: Reach comes out. I look forward to making studio maps in Reach if possible.

My last 2 maps making for a total of 10 submissions.

Longshore 2 of which would be my 2nd long shore studio map. I for one loved making studio maps on non sandbox / foundry maps.

Video tour of longshore 2.I didn't plan for my guy to spawn on that man cannon you have a 1 in 9 chance of spawning on it.

Last I'm posting one of my favorite maps that I have done on Standoff. Now I'm only posting this video tour because I don't want anyone to figure our the back door way into the studio. All I will say is it has something to do with that floating box in the sky that you see in the video.

As for all the extra things that are outside of the map I have always thought that making studios it should look good and also be fun for the backstage pass winner. I being one of those winners, so many times that I lost count. But if the backstage pass winners get bored they start swinging their swords at walls and that is very loud and annoying for people watching the podcast.

So that is why most of my maps have things for the back stage pass winners to do, not to mention it could turn into random laughs like when we dropped mongooses onto my studio on sandbox now that made for some funny moments. Cause lets face it Kete is here making this podcast to inform and entertain and the podcasts are mainly about the guests who come on his show not the backstage pass winners. So speaking from as a backstage pass winner myself I know it can get a little boring running around a map for 2 hours but hey make the best of hit and try not to make a lot of noise if you can help it.