Forge objects

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Gavintaft433, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Gavintaft433

Gavintaft433 Ancient

ok, i've been looking at some of the maps ppl have made on foundry like the remakes i'm wondering if theres a way to make the objects so straight like a easier way cause it always looks sloppy when i do it

2. Rejecting You

Rejecting You Ancient

You don't know how to move your object around?...

3. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

One way is to line some boxes up and push walls up against it. Another way is patience.

4. Gavintaft433

Gavintaft433 Ancient

yeah i do but on like the labyrinth map the objects are so straight

5. SargeantSarcasm

SargeantSarcasm In Loving Memory

Ya, I've seen AZN in action, its skill, for others, its patience. I swear to you, on another map I helped him work on (which hasn't been released yet) we both worked on opposite sides placing down containers, and he was done like 10 minutes before I was halfway, albeit slightly less perfect than mine :p

6. scardypoopoo

scardypoopoo Ancient

Time and patience...

Moving the objects around can get frustrating but If you use the lines on the ground and double check the seam between the objects you can make slight adjustments to the object.

7. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

^what they said.

It helps also if you forge with another person, they can help you line things up
    nice by looking at where it is and telling you which way to move it to make it perfect.

Thanks for the compliment on the Labyrinth. You have no idea how much patience that map took us.

8. BlueHoopedMoose

BlueHoopedMoose Ancient

I find using another controller is best - using another person is ok, but it depends if they are as much as a perfectionist as you are!

Also with a Guest you can see the view from all angles.

9. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

Sorry to say Sargeant... I dismissed that map... it may come back later in some other form (the top part of that level has really sparked some ideas, I'm just waiting for the right one to pop in my head).

And yes patience is key to EVERYTHING. Take pride in your work and take your time. If you have to redo it then so be it. We pretty much took triple the time to make the Labyrinth, cuz we remade parts of the level many times. I have a very photographic memory, so I tend to work with myself alot and am able to view all sides and remember about how much I have to move on each side. Also, the key is finding the appropriate angle. I can't tell you how many times I tell someone I'm working with to try a certain angle. It takes lots of time and lots of practice to perfect.

And like Titmar said, thanks for the compliment. We are glad to hear that Forge Hub's First Foundry release has been a great success. It was made on the first day and has set the standard for most Labyrinth type maps. We at Forge Hub (including Asper, Titmar, and Boss), thank all of you for your support.

10. Gavintaft433

Gavintaft433 Ancient

ok thanks guys i think i might just use a extra controller for lining things up but yeah nice job on the Labyrinth map its great keep up the good work