Forge Object Wish List

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Furious D 18, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

The scripts are a great idea, even though it will never happen

-Donuts

2. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Instead of the symmetry option, I would like the ability to choose what gametype something will spawn in.

3. Carter C

Carter C Guest

Pelicans and phantoms.

And a huge map to go with them.

4. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

The got the whole bungie.net transfer thing, why not make a "Warcraft III World Editor" style program (but FPS) and then let people queue their maps on bungie to download? That would be pretty cool.

5. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

Oh yeah, forgot about the breakable glass on turf across from the trucks and brute shot spawn.

6. Orangeremi

Orangeremi Ancient

I just thought of a good idea.. rather than having to use teleporters and weapon holders to make things immovable just have the option to make it that way.

7. Ty

Ty Guest

They gave you that with some of the objects on the new maps. Incorporating new stuff into older maps would probably destroy Halo 3 as we know it. Although it would be cool.

8. BetaWaffle

BetaWaffle Guest

Unit sized boxes.

LWH

9. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Here's my wish list, not all original, surely several repeats, but stuff I really really want. Not all of these are objects either, sorry.

objects:

- Lighting fixtures that actually illuminate, and have a color setting. You could make a room red-hued, blue-hued, etc.

- Floor/ceiling panels. Imagine perfectly smooth walls without the "feet" and the bumpy textures; imagine a day where you can build a second level on a map that isn't full of cracks and uneven surfaces. Make 'em big, make 'em basic, make 'em cost almost nothing in the budget. This would completely blow Foundry open for me. I'm tired of levelling out floors and wasting items I want to use for other purposes.

- I second these objects already mentioned: pre-destroyed vehicles, soccer score points (though this might require a new gametype to work), kill zones to keep people in the map and to help those numerous Lockout remakes be less lame, doors with operating switches, & especially - LADDERS!

non-objects:

- An item property for all scenery that you can switch on to make any item immoveable/indestructible. It's nice that we've found ways to mostly do this, but it wastes budget and time.

- Skins. I don't need endless customizability, but the capability of making a map look like something other than the 50,000,000th hodge-podge of Foundry objects would be nice. If you could skin some items one way and some another it would be even better. How about the ability to have half your double boxes in red and the other half in blue..?

- An outdoor map similar to Foundry (a template-type map), with scenery objects including trees, rocks, etc. And if they're going to do that:

- Weather and lighting settings. Let me make my outdoor map in the dark, in the rain! C'mon Bungie, you know you want to. If they put in a few basic weather effects you could control and a few skins the map possibilities would expand a thousand fold.

10. Klink258

Klink258 Ancient

I have mainly forge features to wish:
    More specific object attributes (ie specific custom powerups, weapon ammo amount, mancannon tarjectory)
    Pausing (so you can make floating objects and raining fusion coils, etc.)
    Death Barriers
    Forge Matchmaking (I want to "spend hours dropping tanks on random people's heads!")
    Multi-Gametypes (Infection KOTH - Zombie Hill)

11. American10

American10 Ancient

I would like to have actual tvs and actual couches(furniture) for my mansions i make. :)

12. scardypoopoo

scardypoopoo Ancient

Man there are so many things that I would like.....Some more destructible objects like the pallets would be cool...Some curved objects that would be kinda cool...Floors that are big so you can use those instead of Walls or bridges when making a second story

Yeah Floors would be cool

13. EL173 R3Ap3r 257

I'd like to see some cannons like the one in High Ground, but you can use it this time. (I can see bodies flying at two n00bs in the Bungie Favorites!)

14. Klink258

Klink258 Ancient

I just thought of one: non-detachable turrets
    (did someone say that yet?)

15. Rejecting You

Rejecting You Ancient

Brick Walls, Stone Walls, Steel Walls, etc. Almost like skins for walls.

Oh yeah, a forge/map making system like Farcry.

16. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

i think a map like sandtrap but, bigger and with much less stuff in the middle and with 2 destrucable scarab tanks, would be nice.
    um.... cameras that have channels and tvs that pick the cameras.
    since it a "wish" list, i want deploable vehicals ;D

17. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Someone comes running at you "Prayin' and Sprayin'" with an AR, *Deploys tank*, "You Splattered ____"

18. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

"vehicular manslaughter!"

19. TheInsomniak

TheInsomniak Ancient

I think that there should be ladders and being able to change vehicle colors.

20. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

Definately, skins is the number 1
    but i also want to see working doors as well
    Just with those 2 additions it would make for some awesome maps.
    But the main thing i want is the new objects accesible in foundry