Forge Object Wish List

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Furious D 18, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Reap3r 13

Reap3r 13 Ancient

As long as the A.I. doesn't wander around too much and they would have to turn points off for killing them

2. Rejecting You

Rejecting You Ancient

OMG I SERIOUSLY WANT THIS:

An option to make a turret detachable...and, err - non-detachable.

3. d3v0nst8r

d3v0nst8r Ancient

Vehicle destruction in scenery = much more worth programming.

4. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

Pre-deloyed equipment... Trip mines, power drainers, bubble shields, deployable covers, etc...

5. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

I'd pre-deployed love trip mines and deployable cover. That would be just awesome.

6. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

That eould be awesome, I'd love to see pre-deployed equipment.

7. Poztar

Poztar Ancient

-Placeable death/invisible barriers.
    -A way to play spartan soccer without using the honor system.
    -A jetpack, making you go into a banshee-like third person mode.
    -Some sort of way to make some areas have high/low gravity while others stay the same.
    -A way to make it so some maps take place in outer space, so they have that sort of muffled sound like in that early Halo 2 level.
    -Conveyer belts.
    -The option for objects to stay rigid or be loose. (Foundry objects = rigid, fusion coils = loose)
    -Trapdoors.
    -Fake spartan decoys.
    -A healing gun (think medics from TF2).
    -Bombs with remote detonators.
    -AI-controlled turrets like the ones on snowbound.
    -Auto-turrets, invincibility, and cloaking as equipment.

8. d3v0nst8r

d3v0nst8r Ancient

This game needs destroyed objects in scenery.

LB Scenery RB
    FUSION COIL $2
    GHOST, DESTROYED $2
    SCORPION, DESTROYED $10

9. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

Skins would be cool, but hard to make for Bungie.
    I want:
    all the equipment from the campaign (i.e. invisibility/invincibility/auto-turrets)
    the option to set objects as static (not moving) or dynamic (moving)
    doors w/ switches
    placeable map boundaries/barriers (i.e. as many invisible walls as you need to place so no one can pass)
    all the Foundry objects in every map
    "sticky" objects (i.e. they can "stick" to a warthog if it is moving)
    Pre-deployed equiptment/set equiptment
    Pre-set mines
    A gametype where you need to move one object to a place -NOT VIP- (like drive a warthog to a place or a soccerball to a goal)
    Multiple objective gametypes
    Non-drivable vehicles
    Timed explosions
    Guns without ammo (to frustrate players in an infection game)
    Gun racks
    Remote-detonation devices
    Remote weapon racks (like the ones in the first level of Halo 2)
    Fake Spartans or enemies (like in the Pit)
    Snap-to-grid
    Change the size of all scenery (like the hill and stuff)
    Breakable Glass
    The ability to intersect scenery and then delete the extra peices
    (The ability above could create holoes and walls, corners, "welded" walls and so on)
    Holes/Hills that we can change the angle on (smooth bumps or ditches)
    Water?

10. Shadow_Player

Shadow_Player Ancient

i think they shud have sum interactive scenery like say u put a camp stool u shud be able to interact with like sit on it when u crouch or when u pass by a tv (if they put em on there) u shud be able to turn them on and off (which wud be really awesome if ur playin a match that requires you to either distract or kill an enemy which wud be awesome...kinda like who they do in Splinter Cell...i wud also like to have more of the commonly used scenery items and a larger limit to how much u can put in the map and maybe even some new weaponry that would be awesome

11. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

Just the ability to have some objects move and others remain stationery. This would solve all Forge problems, and possibly even world hunger.

12. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

I really like all these ideas... I ditto!

-Donuts

13. Nerf

Nerf Ancient

Shield Doors that are adjustable that don't have a base generator (it gets in the way) but rather a option that snaps them in the air so they float without having to save and quit. It could be like a king of the hill area, but you could set it to box (4 adjustable walls), circle (same as box but round), cubic (6 walls, 3 adjustable dimensions, spherical (same as cube but round), or wall (just 1 wall with 2 adjustable dimensions).
    Do that with normal walls even, then maps could be incredibly customizable.

Adjustable death volumes (you die when you enter, duh) like King of the Hill areas
    Not an object, but a timeline like in video editors that you would use for forge object spawn times. Say you want an object to be spawned for 47 seconds from 0:00:07 - 0:00:54 you could set that in an up to 30 minute timeline, then if the game went beyond 30 minutes you could set it to repeat or to 'die' so it wouldn't spawn/despawn anymore.

14. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

I don't mean to be a jerk, but the thread is Forge Object Wish List. I think jetpacks and healing guns are not in that category, but I'm glad you're using your imagination.

In another thread, el megapwn said, "I'd like to see more textures and colors, or even lighting fixtures that would add a certain hue to the space they are placed in (a la the red light in part of Foundry). Ambitious map designers need some help making their maps look different from the horde of mediocre ones." I thought it was a good idea so I added it here.

15. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Sandbag cover, conveyor belts, windows with actual window panes.

16. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

Haha, a 2D triangle that would solve a lot of issues. With all of these objects being said, all I want is a triangle I can look at. There are endless amounts of possibilities with all these ideas but if you expect AIs, bombs you can detonate, and changing landscaping like hillls I am sorry but you are going to be disappointed. Some of this stuff is realistic but others would practically be like a new game and a completely new map if you could change landscape of things.

That would be tight, like for a Battle Creak remake you could make that breakable glass on top of the base. Also for Ivory Tower, they have that breakable glass right by the overshield.

17. Killer678

Killer678 Ancient

Good ideas.

18. Poztar

Poztar Ancient

Heh, yeah I know. Most of that stuff is pretty unrealistic, but then again it IS a wish list. If I wanna pony, I'll wish for a pony.

Also, all this talk of breakable glass sounds good. What I think might be cool, although not a real forge object, is if on the new maps, giant covenant/UNSC ships periodically flew overhead, creating a loud booming sound and vibrating the ground. Like on Tsavo Highway, near the skull.

19. magnet20

magnet20 Ancient

-Troop hogs you can actually drive
    -Scripting as in "If player moves to (x) do (y)" or "Spawn (x) once score reaches (y)"
    -The ability to make your own objects and share them much like maps, etc.
    -AI people
    -Additional flags
    -Ladders
    -Elevators
    -Sentinel Launchers (like those in campaign)
    -Gun racks
    -Letters (as in ABC)
    -ATMs (In case you need more money lol)
    -Breakable glass, so we can make glass maps like in CS where you have to shoot out the floor to kill people!

20. ValorousBob

ValorousBob Ancient

Okay, a couple things

1. I heard (I"M NOT SAYING THIS IS TRUE, I just heard it) that the next pack of downloadable maps will have doors with remote switches, and security cameras. This is most likely not true, but if anyone heard something like this, or has reason to believe it IS true, tell me.

2. The idea of having the things the produce sentinels is a great one.

3. I also agree though that some ideas posted here would severly change the game.