Forge Maps Disappeared

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by ArkaySea, Feb 15, 2021.

1. ArkaySea

ArkaySea ONI Agent

Hey all. After the MCC forge update in July, I decided to work on a few maps for Halo 3. I just went to check them out the other day, and they’re all gone. I’ve tried reinstalling, checking on Xbox instead, etc.

I’ve opened up a ticket on Halo Support, but I wanted to see if anyone else has run into this issue? If so, were you able to get your maps back? Or are they lost to the void?

I wanted to get into forging prior to Infinite to get some experience, but if the maps can just disappear on a whim, it feels like waiting might be a better idea after all.

2. KRUS4DE

KRUS4DE Promethean

Mine did also. I recall that perhaps I didn't publish them and so when my old 360 broke I lost them then, bc a few were there but not all. Idk if that is what happened to you but yea

3. ArkaySea

ArkaySea ONI Agent

According to Halo Support, my local files were deleted during an update. Super unfortunate, but oh well. Can't do anything about it now.

4. KRUS4DE

KRUS4DE Promethean

Wow. Can't trust microsoft updates on PC, and now Xbox Sorry man. Use it to fuel the fire of making even better maps!