forge ideas for halo 4

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by seventhmaxkilla, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Elite Warrior5

Elite Warrior5 Forerunner

They should make a custom powerup trait where your screen turns a faded color and you get more weapon damage.

^And that is an awesome idea!

2. ANEVILSPAR7AN

ANEVILSPAR7AN Forerunner

We need weather FX, especially snow. And a forge map in space.

3. Overdoziz

Overdoziz Untitled
    Forge Critic Senior Member

You think I was implying that the color of the blocks impacts the performance? I was just saying that all Forge maps look like crap. That's something they gotta fix for Halo 4.

4. Dizzyman572

Dizzyman572 Forerunner

I heard about this one idea on the Halo Waypoint forums about this cutting laser that could be used in forge. Imagine cutting into a wall coliseum to add windows or even door ways.

But what I think that would be awesome is to convert that cutting laser into that laser eye beam the 343 Guilty Spark had. The problem, however, would be the model's polygons that would have to be duplicated, rendered and overall complicate a model with only four faces, into something with eight. So this is unlikely.

But, it'd be nice to have the Forge Moniters to have some sort of defence from griefers. (Forge fight anybody, jk)

5. SimJiv

SimJiv Forerunner

Color, and alot more object of different sizes so they will fit better together.
    Decoration pieces would be really awesome and I wouldn't cry if we could edit sizes of certain objects too.

A totally empty map where we could to weather FX, and "paint" the terrain too. City, Desert, Snow, Water, Grass or Rocks - something like that.

Also, give back the Flamethrower and the SMG.

#45 SimJiv, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  6. Rigest

Rigest Ancient

Not really forge related, but to play forge maps, it would be sooo much easier if there was a custom game list. Really, how hard can that be?

7. Deniedoath

Deniedoath Forerunner

All i ask for in halo 4's forge is more interactive objects. How hard could it be to implement a working ladder piece? that would solve a bunch of problems for people that have maps with a lot of height variation. Stuff like that and more practical pieces like fences, trees, and stairs. The ability to change between preset textures for objects would be useful too. Like in the object properties you could set its theme to forerunner, covenant, or industrial. This would do away with the constant greyish forerunner theme to every map. Some other things that i would like to see are more forgeworld based maps, but with more environments. say they could have like a completely flat sandy desert or just a wide open ocean to forge in. This would also optimize people's maps seeming how the landscape wouldn't vary much. Another cool feature id like to see with these maps would be maybe a map properties tab. There say you could change the skybox from day to night along with the environment lighting; you could also change the atmosphere of the map (windy, rainy, foggy, etc.). Oh and one last thing... Civi vehicles! what if i want to create a map with a non military theme and it has vehicles?