Forge Hub Controller

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sequel, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Sequel

Sequel Forerunner

Hey guys, with some help and permission from Insane and Kun0shi, there is now a controller for all you hubbers, exclusively from CreateAController!

The main colors of the controller are black and gray with the option to change the secondary color to 5 different colors:

Click for a full preview of what your controller may* look like

Red
    Blue
    White
    Yellow
    Silver (No preview, sorry! However the silver is the same used on this and I believe this controller.)

*The customer has the option to change the colors of the LED lights, analog sticks, and also has the option to have painted or standard ABYX buttons. Please also note that the painted buttons are textured and opaque, instead of the standard glossy feel.

With a base price of $84.99 for a custom painted back, bottom, and faceplate, order your custom controller today!

Also, if you want your controller to look just like the previews, be sure to change the LED lights and analog sticks to match your secondary color, and get the colored buttons. For a better result, if you choose to have your name on it, try to keep it short. The more text, the smaller it will be!

But wait, there's more! Here is a $5 discount just for you guys!
    Coupon Code - CACFH001

Please post all questions and comments below.

Permission was given by Insane54.

EDIT: Put up bigger previews.And if you would like something slightly different from the original design, such as move this a little to the left, or have the text in a custom place, just ask me, and I'll try to get something arranged.

Also if you guys really want, we were considering having a clear case, and painting on that, and lighting up the controller with LEDs. So instead of just a yellow for example, those parts (the secondary color) will be clear, and when the controller is turned on, will light up any color. If anyone really wants this, just say so! I'm considering making another design, just for a little bit of variety, again if anyone has an idea that they would like to see on a controller, post it here.

Please also note that the actual painted controller and this preview will not be EXACTLY the same. The design is the same, but because the controller template is nowhere near the same as a real template, some things may have to be moved slightly. No worries though, this isn't a big deal, just a heads up, and you will be satisfied with the real thing!

EDIT2: Cosmic Rick's brand new controller! (If you don't mind me posting this)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1 Sequel, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  2. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

Is it possible to make a light blue controller?

As in... This color?

3. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Why'd you need Insanes permission :S

Also, I'd say the blue is closer to this, but still a bit darker. We need a better color pallet listing.

4. IDave the Rave

IDave the Rave Ancient

It's advertising.

5. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

:D Red, Blue, and White all look superbly sexy! I wasnt planning on getting another controller, since i have five between my two locations, but im actually considering this as a sixth. :D

6. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

It's technically advertising, even though it's for us and it's by an official sponsor. I wanted to make sure he wouldn't get infracted accidentally for advertising.

Personally I wouldn't want a lighter color on my controller. I think the more "solid" the colors, the better, when we're working with paint on a controller.

Can't say I'm not tempted to buy one; I don't have the money yet, but soon I will, and I'm definitely buying one. Not sure which color though, probably the blue but maybe the red or yellow. Of course with thumbsticks and LED ;D

7. Panncakez

Panncakez Forerunner

Just a question... Are the buttons colored opaque so you can't see the letters anymore, as they are in the preview?

#7 Panncakez, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  8. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

Oh wow, that's the coolest thing ever. If I ever have a spare 84 dollars (or whatevs) To drop on anything, I'll definitely consider it.

9. Jex Yoyo

Jex Yoyo POETRY, bitch.

Argh, thats true! I forgot that i just dropped $190 on Tool tickets... ill lable that as a fail cus i cant get this for a bit. I guess maybe in the future.

10. Sequel

Sequel Forerunner

Well, the thing is, there would be two types of paint, that don't really go together well. Alec aka Kun0shi already has the black and gray colors, but to get a blue like that, we would have to get it custom made, which is the different type of paint. I used a color similar to that on the original, but had to change it to the true blue after he told me about this. I will look further into it and give you definite answer soon.

Read above ^.

Only the red and white have custom colored joysticks for now. Also, thanks again for letting me do this.

Yeah, they will be completely opaque like the preview, as if it was part of the rest of the controller.

11. Em0srawk

Em0srawk Forerunner

These look so uber-awsome! I would buy one but I seriously doubt I'll get enough money for it for ages! what with Reach, Portal 2 and Sims 3 (console) comming out soon :(

12. Aaronator

Aaronator Ancient

How much would this cost?

13. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

Yeah, no kidding, that sounds sah-weet! Want.

14. Sequel

Sequel Forerunner

I talked to Alec, he said the base price would be $110-ish instead. If you guys really want them, we can add it soon.

15. Mace

Mace Old Tyme

Too bad I don't have the cash. :O

16. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Ooh, I have cash now! Any way I could get one to say Cosmic Rick the same way it says Forge Hub on the other side? (with Cosmic in grey above the secondary-colored Rick)

If I can do that, I'll totes buy one. Otherwise, I'ma have to design my own.

17. SenorFluffyBuns

SenorFluffyBuns Forerunner

I was see viewing those photos and I wish I had those skins, too bad I'm buying the Razer Controller. =( Also they are TOO expensive.

18. Sequel

Sequel Forerunner

Yeah sure, than can be easily done, just choose everything else, and make sure you leave a very very very specific note in the "Paint Jobs Options" I think it's called. Make sure to include what side you want it on, what colors etc.

These aren't skins as in stickers or those slip on sleeve type things, they're actual controllers with these designs painted on them. Even for the actual painted controller, I would say this is a very good deal. You would probably find yourself paying over $85 for just the faceplate to be painted on most other controllers, not only at CaC, but here you get the face plate, back plate, and bottom plate all painted for a lower price and it's custom designed for you guys. Plus the $5 discount, lower that to $80.

19. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

This.

Mind also that the controller is ~$50 to begin with. So in reality this is really a spectacular deal, for only $30 you're getting all the sides painted, no-slow fix, rumble removed if you like, your gamertag, etc etc :D

20. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Boom. Ordered it. In red. Plus all the options. Including an orange LED so that the color scheme matches my Halo Emblem. Hope this is as sweet as it looks like it could be.