Forge Gallery

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Billy Reloaded, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Billy Reloaded

Billy Reloaded Ancient

Nice man, but I just finished this up for any who want to use it,
    Code:
    [URL=*insert url of your page on FG here*][IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p178/killhawk/fgsig1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
    Should look like this:

[​IMG]

You can put your url in, the homepage, or the forum thread whatever. Oh and GodsMistake I'll try and get you in soon, I have to eat breakfast, shower, and then if I have time before hockey I'll do it.

EDIT: o2oGodsMistake and Ferretness are now up.

2. Warlord Alpha

Warlord Alpha Ancient

Fantastic idea!

My GT you ask?

Warlord Alpha

I only have one map so far (look to the bottom of my sig, its in red) but i will have more soon.

3. Billy Reloaded

Billy Reloaded Ancient

Ok Warlord, your map is up, even though it's kind of against the point of finding other maps of a person :p. Need to bulk up the users any way.

Oh and I noticed that the sig pic was bugging out so I switched the URL to a photobucket, should work fine now.

~Billy Reloaded

4. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

The site looks nice, I'll add the mini sig.

5. Billy Reloaded

Billy Reloaded Ancient

Thx Gravedigger5454, but did you get link part in there? I guess it's not mandatory but if people click on it don't you want it to take people to your page?

To all other people that visit this thread, sign up! Don't be afraid, I want this to get as big as possible. It is coming along quite well but I know we can do better.

EDIT: I just placed some code for a search engine on the front page, but because of some 7 day new website period it will be unusable until Feb. 9th/next saturday. When that time comes I might eliminate all the names from the NavBar, so if you want to find someone or a map, you'll just have to search it. But maybe I will only change it to that when there is alot of people, so the NavBar isn't cluttered.

6. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

7. Billy Reloaded

Billy Reloaded Ancient

Your maps are now up on your page Furious. :squirrel_chatting:

Just a little update on the search engine, looks like it will cost money for it to include more than ten pages so I'll have to trash that one and keep looking. I'm trying to keep it as free as possible for a little while yet. :squirrel_evil:

8. Chain Guns

Chain Guns Ancient

The save & quit method is new to me. I've been getting frustrated trying to get shield doors to not stand straight up. Thanks a lot

9. Billy Reloaded

Billy Reloaded Ancient

Did you post in the wrong thread or something?

10. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

This is a good idea. Maybe you could have a new site for every 10 pages, and one central site with a link to each profile on the front page. That could be stciky though. Great Idea!

11. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Keep up the great work Billy Reloaded. I've added this to the Useful Threads sticky in the Forge Discussion forum.

Each time I look at the first post of this thread I see this:
    and it makes me laugh.... "Hubbin' the Forge"

12. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Sorry i didnt read all the responses because the thread was 4 pages deep but...

1) Good idea.

2) Isnt this already taken care of on bungie.net ? U can just look at the persons file share...

13. Billy Reloaded

Billy Reloaded Ancient

Ha ha, I actually never thought of it that way. Oh well, you at least get a sample picture here, and there is no link to a full description with pictures in a fileshare. :squirrel_giggle:

14. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

To get to someone's file share from here I have to click the link to their map on Bungie.net, then I have to click their name, click "View Service Record" then click "File Share." This way I just go to the Gallery, click their name.

15. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

I think this is way better than just looking at a file share. File shares can be messy. Here you get a bit of the Forge Hub presentation.

16. Billy Reloaded

Billy Reloaded Ancient

Site is coming along well, thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I'm still not seeing the numbers I hoped for yet, I guess I'll just have to be patient. Oh yeah and Furious your maps are now ordered appropriately, I nearly forgot :p

17. Billy Reloaded

Billy Reloaded Ancient

Ok Max, your maps are all up and might I say very nice submission post. I'm glad you joined, that's one more person, x number of Forge Hub Forgers to go.

18. Maxwell360

Maxwell360 Ancient

Thanks alot! I just have one question, what do we do when we make a new map? Do we let you know about it or does it go on the home page etc.?

19. Billy Reloaded

Billy Reloaded Ancient

When you make a new map just either post it here or PM it to me.