Forge Community Watch

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by TrueDarkFusion, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Klink258

Klink258 Ancient

You sure?

2. Rejecting You

Rejecting You Ancient

Hmm guess not. Why does it goto the fileshare of RyanElite27 then?

3. Klink258

Klink258 Ancient

Not sure. Can i have the link again to the forum post of his?

4. Ty

Ty Guest

Damn't why do I miss all this stuff .... when did someone try to steal Coolants Pelican? those bastards....

5. Maxwell360

Maxwell360 Ancient

Well "denkerboy" stole my good buddy, CorduroyCHUCK's map named Tyro Station.

Here is the original post of the map: Tyro Station

He also posted it again in his fileshare where he did not publish it to forums.
    denkerboy's Fileshare

6. MasterWizard

MasterWizard Ancient

Boy, have I got one for you guys. I followed somebody's link to the MLGPro.com website, randomly, and when I got there, somebody's map caught my eye. So I read his post, it looked good, I clicked his download link and it went to his fileshare. While I'm in his fileshare, I notice he has several maps.....but then.....wtf?.... One of his maps called "Reaction" has the SAME EXACT DESCRIPTION THAT I TYPED FOR MY MAP, verbatim. What are the chances!? This is totally random, I had never been there before, I chose this guy's fileshare to look at for no apparent reason, and I see my description on his map. So I download it, and low and behold, it's MY map, but he changed some things around, IMO he took out everything that makes it "fun" i guess to make it more "MLG Compatible". He's claiming the map as his own original idea, and people are worshiping him for how awesome it is. His name on the MLGPro site is SaLoT and his gamertag is SoLaT Fkn Sux.

So I call him out on it in his thread for the first map I was looking at, then on his thread for Reaction, then I posted my map Meridian with a disclaimer at the top stating how this guy stole my map, here is the original. He comes up with nothing but B.S. excuses, people are kissing his ass, saying its original, anybody could make a similar map, yadda yadda. Well only his sheepish followers I guess, now people are coming around and seeing that he's a lying piece of crap. So here's all the evidence I have accumulated.

My original map called "Meridian" that took me a week to make:
    -On Bungie's site http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=16503192
    -On this site http://www.forgehub.com/home/index.php?topic=1448.0
    -On the MLGPro site http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147732

Now here's his map called "Reaction"
    -On the MLGPro site http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147069
    He also backtracked and changed it, put a different map up with the same name to try and weasel out of the accusations, but I had already downloaded his plagiarized map, so I put it in my Fileshare which also contains 4 screenshots of my map dated 12/24/07. His name is still on it, and so is my description. There is absolutely no denying that he stole my map, yet he still lies. http://www.bungie.net/stats/Halo3/FileShare.aspx?gamertag=MasterWizard%20ED

So, how do I report this guy to Bungie?

7. Fbu

Fbu Ancient

I added him to the list Master, you gave enough proof.

8. Trickmyster

Trickmyster Ancient

Updated another one left created by Trickmyster in the description, what a dumb dumb

9. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

mastereric1234 apparently stole Bungie 500 back in late December (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=16093456). In a genius move, his friend posted here that I stole it from him. Looking at his file share, he was at least smart enough to change the descriptions of my map and VIP variant. It also appears that he has stolen Fish Bowl now. Unfortunately, it appears that changing descriptions is a taxing endeavor for this thief as he hasn't posted a thread for it yet.

I'm going to download his map to see if he even bothered to change anything, but I seriously doubt he did. I'll update this when I have a look at it.

EDIT: For bonus fun, check out personanimal's comments in the stolen Bungie 500 thread above. He had a brief stay here.

10. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Jeez, just long enough to steal people's stuff. What a loser.

11. Glimflicker

Glimflicker Ancient

Personanimal (thelastlaugh27) isn't the guy that stole my map--that title belongs to mastereric1234. I was just pointing out that thelastlaugh27 posted in both my thread and mastereric1234's stolen thread about how great his maps were in comparison to everyone else's. I guess he didn't actually take the time to download them, however, because it doesn't take a genius to figure out that they're the same.

Speaking of that, I downloaded mastereric1234's "Bungie Race" map. Sure enough, he didn't bother to change any of the item placement. It's an exact copy of Bungie 500.

12. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

Stolenpoo's Spillways map and Wicked One and I's map Altercation were stolen. The theif is Luke562. If someone can please update the list and get on top of this that would be much appreciated. Here is the link to the original thread where I was first informed that our map had been stolen.

http://www.forgehub.com/home/index.php?topic=2385.0

P.S. - Anyone with connections to Bungie officials please get the word spread to them. Thanks.

13. CATERBIRD

CATERBIRD Ancient

Who would download other users content and then claim that they made it all their own, it just sickens me!!!! :squirrel_rant:

14. voodoo

voodoo Ancient

15. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

WHO'S READY TO CRUSH SOME HEADS!!?!

16. Cr0ok3d

Cr0ok3d Ancient

SaLoT is a B****. He steals everything you can steal rofl. If someone just took a picture of the dates and posted them on his forum pages he would get destroyed.

17. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

I'm pretty sure people are beginning to use FH as a database for finding what maps are worth stealing since they know that all of the good ones come from here. Sigh, if I could I would terminate all their accounts.

18. MasterWizard

MasterWizard Ancient

SaLoT's mistake is that he stole a map from a guy who really hates liars and thieves, and who also has a ton of time to kill at work, with internet access. I noticed that he's promoting his maps on Bungie.net with the Bungie login "IITaLoSII". Here is a link to all his posts on Bungie.net, I encourage ForgeHub members to make sure he's not promoting maps that he stole from you. http://www.bungie.net/Search/default.aspx?q=IITaLoSII&g=5

19. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

why do people only steal my tyro station map?? i have much better maps to be stealin :squirrel_wink:

this thread makes me laugh more than anything, these kids are ridiculous.

20. G043R

G043R Ancient

I agree some what... but idea thief isn't really fun to deal with...