Forge-Cast: Series Final. Week of April 9th

Discussion in 'Articles' started by SIR IRON WOLF, Apr 9, 2017.

By SIR IRON WOLF on Apr 9, 2017 at 9:15 PM
  1. SIR IRON WOLF

SIR IRON WOLF A Floating Lightbulb
    Staff Member Administrator Forge Critic Senior Member

FC final banner.png
    Greetings, SIR IRON WOLF here, with the final Forge-Cast.

Today is a rainy day for those who are a fan of the series, but the sun is poking up over the horizon to light the path for something new. While the series might be evaporating, much of the main content like the Flash Feature and Weekly Lobby Schedule will be condensed into a new weekly series.

The new series, which is called "This Week in Halo", will release this Saturday April 15th and every following Saturday. The article will be a cumulus of the latest and greatest content from the Halo community. Each week we will discuss developing events in the community, highlight new content, shine a spotlight on members and keep you up to date on what's going on in Forge both on Youtube and Twitch. We want to make sure we drench you with everything you need and more, putting the HUB back in ForgeHub. Expect to see more than what was listed and even a sprinkle of something special from time to time.

The Forge-Cast has come a long way from when it was first released July 4th, 2016. The idea of it was first pitched by me during my interview for a writing position on staff, noticing that there was a drought for the organization and promotion of our lobbies and content. The staff at the time loved the idea and I think is one of the reasons I got the position that led to where I am today. The Forge-Cast is also one of our longest running scheduled series bringing you 32 consecutive weeks of content. It has helped made you all aware of when to expect articles but most importantly has helped our lobbies grow by snowcasing everyone in an article on the front page giving the links and dates for them. All of that was setting the foundation for the next step which we here on the ForgeHub team are sure you will all enjoy.

Flash Feature

@Drizzy_Dan : For those that don't know, Drizzy is one of the fine people at 343Industries.org that comes and hangs out on our site as well. He helps bridge the two communities together by taking the Weekly Lobby Schedule and posting it to their calendar, benefiting both communities but more importantly the lobbies that help bring people together. Thank you Dan for being with the series since the beginning and helping promote the lobbies.

Let's take a look at this week's forecast.

Times in EST (Convert to your time)

- 100% The Last Forge-Cast
    - 6:30 PM Map Metrics - Natabase
    -
    11:59 PM Sunday Screams :viral: - Brusky0086

- 8:00 PM Duke After Dark (4v4)- Duke of Mearl
    -
    11:00 PM The iForge Experience (4-16) (Monday - Friday) - Brusky0086

- 9:30 PM TGC Testing/Customs Lobby - DC Valorstrike

- 9:00 PM Krushers Wednesdays (2-16) - Stray Morais
    -
    My Birthday :)

- 8:00 PM The Thursday Thirteen (2-16) - Ascend Hyperion

- 8:45 PM Max Extra's Forged Friday (1-16) - Max Extra

- 3:00 PM Corn's Corny Customes (4v4 & Exterm) - ImDahUnicorn (HSFN & iForge)
    - 6:30 PM Into The Forge: 4v4 Testing - Xdemption
    - This Week in Halo (new article series)

Bonus Lobbies (Halo Reach):
    Hex Reapers:
    "Remember Reach" Custom Lobby. Saturdays from 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm and 9:00 pm to 11:00 PM. RSVP by going to the thread linked.

DyerSal
    hosts some Halo Reach lobbies so if you are interested then feel free to get in touch with him and bask in the nostalgia.

Bonus Lobby (Halo 5):
    BRUSKY0086
    runs a customs lobby in affiliation with iForge and Halo Spark Forge Network. They are two huge communities and they play tons of cool community content! It's a casual environment so bring whatever and play whatever! Message Brusky on XBL for more info or check out their thread here!

FORGE-CAST TIP:

If you have a lobby that you want to be in the weekly lobby schedule then be sure to post it in one of the forums, putting "lobby" in the title, when the lobby is going to be, and what type it is (ie: Testing, customs, or matchmaking).

Be sure to keep your original post updated and edited with any time changes that may occur so it is easier for people to plan accordingly. It also makes it easier for me to get the times right for this article.

This concludes the last Forge-Cast. This is SIR IRON WOLF, putting away the weather pun book, and signing off for the last time. Don't stop forging, you rascals!

#1 SIR IRON WOLF, Apr 9, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Articles' started by SIR IRON WOLF, Apr 9, 2017.