Foresight

Discussion in 'WIP - Works In Progress' started by Malicious, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Malicious

Malicious Promethean

Overview

Foresight is a symmetrical map inspired by Narrows. I didn't want to do an exact remake as there are a few floating out there. There were things in Halo 3 that I loved about Narrows and things that I didn't like. I attempted to address this when forging. This is the first map I've posted on here and my first time using this site, but I hope to be more active in the forging community for this Halo. I've received mostly positive reviews and I wanted to share it with the community.

Weapons
    6 x BRs - 45s
    2 x Snipers - 150s
    1 x Rockets - 180s
    2 x Frags - 45s
    4 x Plasma - 45s
    ---------------
    Power Weapons are currently on an ordinance drop.

Screen Shots

Front
    [​IMG]

Snipe
    [​IMG]

Gold
    [​IMG]

Lobby
    [​IMG]

Bottom Mid
    [​IMG]

Video Fly-through
    Foresight Walkthrough - YouTube

Gametypes
    Slayer
    5 Flag

These were the gametypes used during play-testing. BR and DMR were both used during testing, feedback generally leaned towards the use of the BR. If feedback on here leans towards the DMR, weapon spawns on map can be switched.

Thanks to all those that helped me with developing this map.

2. Dobam

Dobam Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I see the Narrow inspiration and does GOLD have something to do with Midship/Heretic ?

Looks great , Invite me for testing it .

GT : Frenchys

3. Malicious

Malicious Promethean

Yes, I wanted to put a power position and allow another route for flag =)

4. Crimson Flux

Crimson Flux Forerunner

This is a great re-interpretation of Narrows!

The new structure adds some diversity while preserving the linear flow of the map. I really like how easy it is to assault the new zone. It allows fire from a new angle while keeping the bridge alive in terms of gameplay. Grenades can easily punch through any of the structures, and most areas still have enough cover to hold against fire. I might suggest adding some cover on the ramps to the new center zone. Sprint may be standard now, but so is bullet stopping; if anyone saw you take a break for the new structure, you'd be toast.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd prefer to see this on Ravine. The skybox on impact is hella impressive, but it can definitely wash out the map when scanning for other players. I did see a lot of the Impact pallet being used, though, so it may not be possible to copy it over.

As a personal preference, I don't mind when one object in an area is colored, but too many in one zone makes me feel like I'm in a pre-school play room. If I were you, I'd take out colors on all pieces save the obvious (like the terminals, the center y-cross fin, the grav-lift covers, and the neutral dishes) and maybe change the new content zone to purple (less distracting, also red+blue=purple). But I'm not you, so don't let me cramp your style ;D

I'm definitely keeping this map on my HDD for custom games with friends. Thanks for sharing!

#4 Crimson Flux, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012