Sandbox Forerunner church

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by 2woFace, Jul 18, 2009.

1. 2woFace

2woFace Ancient

[​IMG]

This map was created as a audition piece to my capabilities in forge, with limited time. I spent about 5 hours on this(mostly due to the magnetic magnificence of using Tin Cups as bracers.

The map is the best is example of lighting and FX filters that I can offer...enjoy!

And please comment
    [​IMG]

HOLY STRENGTH
    [​IMG]

Whats left of the cealing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dreaddraco2

Dreaddraco2 Ancient

Then forerunners died out over 100, 000 years before Christianity was invented.
    The logic behind it is flawed, but nice, smooth interlocking.

3. 2woFace

2woFace Ancient

I myself am not christian but in studing history predating christianity people still found strong significance in crosses. So i dont think its that far fetched.

Thanx for the feedback though

\/ Hope to add more pics when I get back to my box (for HaVoK)

#3 2woFace, Jul 18, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  4. uF HaVoK

uF HaVoK Ancient

^^ You would know that ;) (FOR DREADDRACO2)

Anywho, very good, but it would make it alittle easier to look at if you had a pic or two without the filter on.. Other than that, the forging looks flawless

5. TeapotKing

TeapotKing Ancient

You should replace the cross with the Seventh column symbol. It'd only take 8 of the short gold columns (6 for the ones round the sides/bottom and two interlocked for the slightly longer one at the top, because a long one would be too long) so it should be doable =]

6. 2woFace

2woFace Ancient

you know I was thinking that and though iv'e never seen it i would have no problem posting a 2.0 of the map with that changed

7. rewib65

rewib65 Ancient

although the map looks forged well, the filters are very annoying and should be taken off. Also it should actually be closed off, since churches are. It looks like you just stopped making it like half way through to me

8. ZOMBIECOW11

ZOMBIECOW11 Ancient

Why wouldn't he know that. Everyone should know that. Chrisitanity wasn't created until Jesus died on the cross. Thats what seperates Judaism from Christianity.

9. redeyesmaster

redeyesmaster Ancient

i my self do not under stand the point of any one making a church in a game i mean what is the point name one game that had a church multilayer level that was good to play on and was interesting in the least bit. the only one i could think of is quake and that level blows.
    But other then my thought on that i beleive this was a well made map not the best i have seen but good non the less.

10. 2woFace

2woFace Ancient

On the same argument I dont see the point of an Aesthetic map but I did it anyway.

11. E Dee

E Dee Ancient

the only reason im not gonna download is because of the pen and ink. i can freaken see anything. if there were pics without the effect, where we could actually SEE the map, it'd be a lot better.

12. Sand Fisher

Sand Fisher Ancient

The cross and the roof really well forged. I also would like a few scren shots with the filters of and a screen shot of the inside of the church not just the wall or the ceiling.

13. Monitor

Monitor Ancient

I for one am Christian, I like the aesthetics put in the first picture (The Cross is Sweet) but next time try not to do the pictures really blurry like that, it's kinda hard to make out what they really are... 4/5

14. drunk

drunk Ancient

Nice work, I am a christian So I though this looked quite nice. Brings great Ideals to me thanks a lot for this map!

15. Benzu Akamaru

Benzu Akamaru Ancient

Well, I like it. Some of you may not because you may not be christian. But I have a feeling this could be the stage for the next "I love him" screenshot.