For Infection Beginners...

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Insanmiac, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Insanmiac

Insanmiac Ancient

Hello! If you are reading this, you want to know how to make fun, balanced, and fair Infection maps. I would consider myself to be an avid infection forger. Ever since the days of Halo 2, I have absolutely loved playing what was then called "Zombies." Come Halo 3, and I found myself spending a lot of time in forge, creating as many infection arenas as possible. Now with Halo Reach's forge tools. I have crafted and released 11+ infection maps, with positive results everytime. With nearly 4 years of forging experience, I believe I have landed my self in (or at least very close to) a spot where I have a fair bit of a knowledge regarding infection maps. I have seen so many bad infection maps in my time, and I felt the need to share my tips and secrets. I have created a short series to help those of you that want to create fun, next-level infection maps, and I want to know what you think!

YouTube - ‪Infection Forge Tips - Ep 1 "Equal Access"‬‏

YouTube - ‪Infection Forge Tips - Ep 2 "Line of Sight"‬‏

YouTube - ‪Infection Forge Tips - Ep 3 "Atmosphere"‬‏

2. broccollipie

broccollipie Forerunner

Nice tutorials; excellent for beginners and intermediate forgers alike.
    The videos are well made, and provide useful information.
    Are there any more episodes coming?

3. puredragon222

puredragon222 Forerunner

Nice guides, seems like fairly simple stuff but I agree, without them maps just aren't good. Equal Access seems like the most important: no-one wants another 'Vent Hallway in Sword Base' situation, at least the zombies don't.

4. CrumblyGranny

CrumblyGranny Forerunner

Thanks for the tutorials. I was going to mention that your intros though really cool were a bit long at nearly a minute, but then you shorted it up nice and quick for the third video.

5. Rocknomiconic

Rocknomiconic Forerunner

Fun, easy, and informative guides. Thanks for taking the time to make these for anyone who needed the help! Keep rolling the out