Flying Elephant

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by GRotoman, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRotoman

GRotoman Forerunner

You may or may not have seen this map before but I will show you it. I do not own this map. All credit goes to http://www.disposedtrolley.com!
    Its Pretty fun to fly.
    Demo bellow
    YouTube- Halo 3 - PELICAN Concept (Controllable Flying Elephant) AKA The Mammoth
    Download: Flying Elephant
    How To Fly:
    Both analog sticks forward makes the elephant go down
    Both analog sticks back makes the elephant go up
    To engage auto-pilot: make sure the aircraft is stable; then get out of the hornet.
    To turn right hold the left analog stick right
    To turn left hold the left analog stick left.

Takeoff instructions for "Pelican":

1. Hold the left analog stick left until a second after takeoff.
    2. Try to stabilize the aircraft.
    3. Auto-stabilization technology will work to stabilize the aircraft.
    4. Keep the aircraft under control and enjoy flying around Sandtrap!

IMPORTANT - You must be host (player with best connection; not Party Leader) to successfully fly the aircraft. Works the best on local lobbies.

Secondly I want to say If this has already been posted by someone else, I am sorry, Im new here so I dont know much yet.
    It makes a great infection map too!

How It works:
    Inside there is 2 drop pods and a gravity lift. They spawn after about 30 seconds. The way the pods are made, when they are hit by the gravity lift the push against the top of the ceiling forcing the elephant upwards. The boxes and weapons are to keep it stable, dont pick any of them up! It also some how keeps the pods in place. Everything else is needed for flight.
    FYI: try to steer away from the guardians, the part were you walk up and mines start to shoot at you. And the middle part of the map. Because theres a wall you cant see and it pushes you away and sometimes will cause your pods to fail then you will fall. You can ALWAYS starts a new round to fly again! Just dont delete anything!

Enjoy!

#1 GRotoman, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. nixaguy

nixaguy Forerunner

So wait, this is or isnt your map?

3. Lil FlipKid 8o8

Lil FlipKid 8o8 Ancient

This isint his map, its um the Realcaboose's map? im not sure. But this is very annoying for infection. If your the zombie and you cant hit the elephant, than i wouldnt play. The humans would just be flying the whole time.

4. goop

goop Ancient

Lol I was working to stabilize the mammoth, all well thats 16 hours of work down the drain. I however plan to weaponize the mammoth and increase it stability without the use of weapons if possible. I know see however that someone has already done that. All well back to the drawing boards. lol

5. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

I'm going to go ahead and lock this. It's obviously not a map steal, you give credit, but I think you need explicit permission from the author if the author isn't the one posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.