Debate Flight or Invisibility

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Furious D 18, Jun 20, 2008.

1. IDave the Rave

IDave the Rave Ancient

I would choose flight, I mean it gets soooo annoying when none of my mates will go into the town with me and I don't wanna go on my own, so if I could fly there it would be Epic!

2. RadiantRain

RadiantRain Ancient

Invisibility...

Think about flight, you would go Crazy like Britney or commit sucide

3. Ja Red is Ninja

Ja Red is Ninja Ancient

Invisibility. I can think of countless times I have wished for this although stopping time would be SO much nicer =]

#83 Ja Red is Ninja, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  4. Murdock Sampson

Murdock Sampson Ancient

With flight you could be more productive and it would be a lotta fun.

With invisibility, the only things I can think about doing are wrong (i.e. Spying, robbing, all that not good stuff).

but invisibility is almost possible:

Scientists closer to invisibility

5. EZappa

EZappa Ancient

I'd have to choose flight. Not only do you never have to worry about traveling on an airplane again, but it's fun at parties!

6. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

this thread is still alive!? Wasnt it like the first debate thread?
    There must be a necro post somewhere.

7. Murdock Sampson

Murdock Sampson Ancient

its almost two months old so it'd be hard for there to be a necro post

8. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Eh...

I think I'd like the ability to fly more, but I'd end up choosing invisibility. The problem with the ability to fly is simple: people will see you flying. With all of the comic book fantasies out there, you'd instantly be labeled as a "superhero". That is a huge label to live up to. Most people certainly could not handle it. And of course there will be crazy people out there who will claim you're satan's child and a menace to society, and it will become impossible to live a normal life.

Invisibility is much more secrative. As long as no one sees you turning invisible, you're secret is well kept. Even if someone saw you turn invisible they will probably think that "they were just seeing things". If you're looking to live a much more managable life, then the power of invisibility is for you. If you want fame and all the problems that comes with it, then choose flight.

9. Dthen

Dthen Ancient

Flight...
    Would just be way more useful and in my opinion much more fun...
    I don't WANT to know what my friends say about me behind my back...
    But I could just imagine flying over some random forest and whizzing about n stuff...
    I suppose I could show off as well.. :p

10. EGP

EGP Ancient

I think I would chose invisibilty, because it would help daily life out so much. Flight is cool but you could get recognized of your powers and captured for testing.

11. Murdock Sampson

Murdock Sampson Ancient

How would it help your daily life? Unless your daily life is stealing junk.

12. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

You could be late for work and you don't want your boss to see you sneaking in late. So you turn invisible and act like you're coming out of the bathroom.

Small, stupid situations like that could be useful.

13. EGP

EGP Ancient

ty draw the line lol, There are lots of reasons why its useful for daily life.

14. Shedo

Shedo Ancient

Well i would have to say both, because both have good perks. Flight You can go anywhere you want and invisibilty you can do anything you want without being seen.

15. DRiSCOLL

DRiSCOLL Ancient

that's a good question, both have their pros and cons, i agree with running chron, there's the ability to fly but would you have wings because if so it would be difficult to fit through doors etc. invisibility would be very handy and i can think of many times in my life that it would be very useful, whichever one especially invisibility you would make allot of money, from sports: flying over all the players or sneaking past, The FBI would pay to sneak into some terrorist hiding spot etc and much more, but would you be happy?...
    YES, but overall i choose flight,

16. shotgunz

shotgunz Ancient

Very interesting topic, I would choose invisibility, because I could use it for so many things, oh and lets say I'm touching a liquid, like a pool or some juice, would the liquid turn invisible also if I'm touching it?

17. version2

version2 Ancient

ahh hell this is really hard I'm gonna go with flight because it would be cool to just fly any where any time.

18. QKT

QKT Ancient

flight so bad
    flying is more thrilling and it would pretty much mean super speed

the invisiblity that you've suggested kinda fails because you can only make your clothes and possessions invisible and not whatever you touch

19. BarkusTheMan 1

BarkusTheMan 1 Ancient

That's kinda one of the same reasons I have for flight. You could do a bunch of crazy stunts and people would be in awe.

Invisibility obviously has it's benefits too. But when I think about it I can't really think of many uses that I would really enjoy. It would be really good for people who have the kind of lifestyle where they need to get away from people, be it celebrity, criminal, detective, or they just plain need a break.

I choose flight, because soooooo many places would suddenly become accessible. And it's not necessarily an attention grabber either, because you can be a stealthy flier too. But definitely flight, for the limitless explorations.

P.S. the ultimate superpower is being able to pull anything you want out of the air.

#99 BarkusTheMan 1, Aug 20, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2008
  20. zaidf

zaidf Ancient

I really don't know. I decided Invisibility, then changed to Flight, then changed back, then ... I really don't know.

Stopping time would be the best of all.