Debate Flight or Invisibility

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Furious D 18, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Verno

Verno Ancient

This is a hard one, well maybe not. I think fight, because it would be a lot of fun and make life a lot easier. Invisibility doesn’t do much to improve your average life, unless you’re a criminal of course (which I I’m not). Flying could even help you as a criminal.

2. gobbles

gobbles Ancient

One question I have is why isn't there a poll at the top of the page?

I chose invisibility, flying is just impractical, it's cool but wouldn't really help you other than if you're late for somewhere. Invisibility could get you into any shows for free, you could freak out people you hate, and a ton of other not PG things

3. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

Alright. After some thought, I went with flight. I've been asked the questions on numerous occasions, but always find myself thinking. Though flight is my usual answer. The reasoning is that flying is something that I and I'm sure millions have always dreamt of. And although a plane is "flying", the idea of freely being able to levitate is incredible. When I was younger I really got turned on to the idea of flight from the show Dragon Ball Z. Yeah, I know, but it was actually a good show and really made me dream. The flying and abilities shown in the show really showed off the ability of flight.

Some useful examples, besides the obvious commuting chances, there are other things. Like for example, though invisibility is useful, as said, it is detectable and you will caught. However, flying is an immediate escape and it'd take time for something like the military to catch up to you. And at the speed of a commercial jet, you'd be gone before long.

Invisibility is quite useful for the various jokes and sexual perks you could pull, but I think that more usefulness can be made with flying.

Also, not to go off topic, but personally, I wouldn't choose these, technically, instead, I'd go with a combination and other things. This would be the ability of being a spectral being. If you needed an example, something along the lines of the Nickelodeon show I used to watch, Danny Phantom. I know that that is sort of "cheating" the debate, but why settle for one? lol.

4. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Because this isn't supposed to be a "black or white: scenario. You aren't supposed to vote. You are supposed to form an opinion and argue that point.

5. wells.jack

wells.jack Ancient

flight for sure, i mean besides the other real life reasons people have put what would you rather have in a game of halo, active camo or go into forge mode and fly aroud the map.

6. ezekeil20five17

ezekeil20five17 Ancient

good question flight no invisibilty no flight petrelli style

7. Pigglez

Pigglez Ancient

Wait what? I'm sorry but I couldn't understand that at all. Please also at least elaborate on why you are choosing one or the other, instead of just stating so. Thank you.

8. Randle Scandal

Randle Scandal Ancient

Flight almost definitely. Imagine feeling the wind rush around you and you gliding above all the lowly peons before you. No one even knows your power if your invisible. The only thing that helps for is perverts, and creepy stalkers. Also there would be no fear of heights if you could fly, because why would you be scared? That is all I have to say, thank you,
    ~Randle $candal

9. Matty

Matty Ancient

And then you get hit by a plane or shot down by the military.

#49 Matty, Jun 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  10. Randle Scandal

Randle Scandal Ancient

Do you know how uncommon plane crashes really are? So the first one is a definite no no. The second one, if you are staying in the correct area, it shouldn't be a problem... like no flying in restricted areas...

11. Matty

Matty Ancient

I meant getting hit by a plane in the air, by intruding into its flight path.

12. Randle Scandal

Randle Scandal Ancient

That's what I meant as well... if you fly as fast as a 747 and they don't get into crashes being a lot bigger than you, then you wouldn't as well... In air crashes almost never happen, and if they do they are overa VOR station, although I wouldn't expect you to know this... I'm getting my pilots license I do know these things.

13. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

You have no imagination dude... Just think. Think really hard.

14. the other dark

the other dark Ancient

Flight.

/thread

15. N1NJ4

N1NJ4 Ancient

Flight. Come on that would just add to my Ninja-ness cause i can already disappear

16. ToochieHxC

ToochieHxC Ancient

one word.

omgflightFTW!!!!!

17. many popes

many popes Ancient

Invisible= trouble making, assasinating, listening in on things.

flight= super fun, dangerous, trouble making.
    I choose flight

18. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Ancient

Too bad I have to choose between the two, having both would be so... awesome. But yea, I'm not good at choosing so yea.... I choose strength.

19. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Well, I think this thread has run its course. I originally posted it so that we could get the whole debate section rolling with something light-hearted. I wanted people to consider the motivations behind their choice, and what it might say about them as a person, but perhaps I've overestimated this group.

Anyways, I would lock this thread if I still had mod powers. If a mod sees this post and agrees that the thread has run its course, please feel free to lock it. If you disagree, then just leave it open. It's all good.

20. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

Flight, indeed. You would definitely be the most badass person to ever live and it basically provides the same power as invisibility, just a little slower. Although, I have to admit invisibilty would also be t3h s3x.