Flag gametype question

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by ONESTAR, Oct 4, 2008.

1. ONESTAR

ONESTAR Ancient

I was messing around with the gametypes settings of forge the other day. I noticed awhile back that it was impossible to make a neutral flag gametype. I asked about it on bungie.net and Shishka stated the option was removed because "it was a broken gametype". Whatever that is about. Anyways I started to think about other flag gametypes that existed in Halo 2.

In Halo 2 we had 4 team multiflag, mind you it was kinda a chaotic gametype without much strategy, but fun none-the-less. I attempted to make this by changing the general flag settings, but alas it was impossible. I then went into a foundry canvas with some friends and noticed something. When setting up the flags you can set offense, defense, 3rd team, 4th team, 5th team, and 6th team. though even though I placed 4 different teams, only a red and blue flag ever spawn. You can change to any other color also. Does anyone know what the purpose of this is, or if it is possible to make a multiflag game at all? Thanks!

2. What's A Scope?

What's A Scope? Ancient

I'm pretty sure that you cannot make a 4-Team mulitflag.

3. TheKeebobBobagawa

there's already a thread about this, and no, it doesnt seem possible

4. ONESTAR

ONESTAR Ancient

yea I ran some searches but couldn't find really what I was looking for. Well does anyone know what the purpose of setting the flag to "3rd team" "4th team" etc?

5. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Probably just a feature that didn't make it in for whatever reason.

6. xXxGorexJordzxXx

I tried this along time back, and failed aswell. :(

7. DMM White

DMM White Ancient

4 team CTF was the first thing I attempted in forge. The map was pretty awesome, it was on Valhalla, extra teams were at the Wall and Pelican, each had a similar weapon layout to the default weapons in the Valhalla bases.

Actually, I think I made a thread here on forgehub about it long ago, asking why it wouldn't work.