First ever Sig

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jips, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Jips

Jips Ancient

How do u guys like my first sig, ive messed around on photoshop a few times but never have done a sig before. Tell me what you think... [​IMG]
    Edit: Heres the new one...(i know the color on the side is a bit off but i cant seem to get it just right.. :([​IMG]

2. Nicko

Nicko Ancient

that is very good for a first try

3. Lone Deity

Lone Deity Ancient

Good job making it 3D, you cut if off just right to make it fit in our sig limits, and still make it look like it's going off the page.

4. MineForFish

MineForFish Ancient

That's amazing for a first try.

5. Draxfear

Draxfear Ancient

Yeah, its great! dunno about the white section on the left though..

6. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

Ah! Why does it have to be pointing at me?!

7. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

very very good for a first time

some suggestions: make the render bigger, thus making the sniper bigger and more scary. dont worry about the bottom half of his body. also, try blending the text a little more, use some layer styles or lower opacity

8. T3chnomonkey

T3chnomonkey Ancient

Very nice. I would change the color of the white background to match the back color of teh forums though.

9. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

That's really impressive, i would have never thought of giving a sig a 3-d effect. My suggestion would to move "JIPs" over to the right a bit. It gives a much better flow if nothing is centered, you could also adjust the composition of the spade symbol by making it bigger or moving it, I just don't like how its a little symbol thats just vertically centered and floating there. and those are CHUCK's suggestions.

10. Jips

Jips Ancient

Wow...thanks for all the feed back guys.
    I would like to change the color to the same as forum color but i just haven't gotten around to it yet
    i might also make the front of the sniper a little bigger..ill see how it looks.
    Ill update the original post when its done. Thanks again! :squirrel_giggle:

11. ak1knight

ak1knight Ancient

just make it transparent and save as a .png, then the background will change to whatever forum you put it on.

12. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

Nah... than the background would be white and boring. I would save as a .png, but instead of the green base, make it a clear base and still have the textured backrounds on a low opacity (clear-er). That would be cool. Also, I would make the white on the right have some of the same background colors...

13. ak1knight

ak1knight Ancient

I meant transparent for the stuff around the barrel of the sniper rifle because he said that he couldn't get the color exactly right to match the forums

14. Jips

Jips Ancient

Ya i think i finally got it right to how i like it, im really happy with it, thanks for the help! :squirrel_wink: