Fire Lane

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by TrueDarkFusion, Dec 1, 2007.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. 1

12.5%
  2. 2

12.5%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

75.0%
  1. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Fire Lane
    Created by Gravedigger5454

This is a full new map, it is made for every mode and doesn't play or look like any previous map. The main map feature is obviously the fire. There are firebombs all over the ground and every time one is thrown another one will instantly spawn. When you play it seems like you have regenerating firebombs. There is also a flamethrower in the middle of the map. This causes the map to be filled with fire when you play. Everyone will get many incineration awards when you play.

The map is designed as a small lane, as the title suggests. CTF is intense with a lot of people; you'll notice how the other teams flag is so close, but you just can't seem to reach it. For CTF you should usually increase the score limit, turn on instant returns, and make it so your flag has to be home to score. Any settings you want to choose, even your custom Infection, will work well. Slayer or CTF variants work the best on this map. This map is not meant to the most competitive, just crazy fun, try it out and let me know what you think.

#1 TrueDarkFusion, Dec 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
  2. gtdroptop

gtdroptop Ancient

This map is hilarious fun. I love the trip mine, it's great for kills from the grave. The sniper rifle is an interesting carrot to dangle. I found it pretty effective to charge the other team's spawn point, drop a trip mine, and then plop down behind their spawn with the sniper. Nothing lasts that long on this map, but good fun.

I'd like to see more fire, maybe fusion coils that automatically get set off or something. Seems like it could use a tad more chaos.

3. Bones less

Bones less Ancient

This map looks great (I <3 firebombs) and I've got it tagged for download, too bad my internet's down though.

4. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Thanks for the for the comments, but what does I<3 mean?

Anyways, I'm thinking of remaking this in Foundry to get better barriers and remove spawn killing, do you think I should go ahead and make it or focus on other projects first.

5. Ty

Ty Guest

<3 is supposed to be heart ..... so he said I love firebombs or wtv. I don't think you could make a very large fire based map with the limited amount of fire available.

6. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Okay, I've been wondering what that meant for a while.

It's not very large on the Pit either, that's why I can get the fire to fill almost the whole map.

7. Ty

Ty Guest

That was my point, you'd have to keep it small. I figured if you where suggesting foundry you whre planning on making it bigger, ......

although you could probably pull it off in that back hallway. ..... *hint hint*

8. Ray Benefield

Ray Benefield Godly Perfection
    Forge Critic

I think other, more unique projects should be released, before people start "stealing" ideas by releasing it first... if you know what I mean.

9. Ty

Ty Guest

No i don't know what you mean. It's his project, I was suggesting he could re-release it in the back hallway of Foundry.

10. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

My response was for that question...

11. Ty

Ty Guest

Ahh i see, use quote boxes Vader! ;D

12. Ray Benefield

Forge Critic

I shall nuke you!! DON"T TEST MY LIMITS!!!

Anyways... hopefully you have learned enough from forging to make Firelane ALOT BETTER!!! Enjoyz!!!

13. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

Well that, and the power of Foundry made me think about the other day that it could be a lot better if I remade it, which now I think I will. And as for making new original maps as well, don't worry I've got a couple coming soon that are unlike anything ever seen before in a Halo map.

14. Ty

Ty Guest

I fart in your general direction ;D

15. gtdroptop

gtdroptop Ancient

Though the potential of Foundry is sweet, I have selfish reasons for liking forged maps on the standard map set. I run weekly clan nights and we cycle through a lot of custom games, but most people won't have the new maps until they're free. Which means I can't use any Foundry maps yet (even though I have them)... :(

16. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Perhaps a circle roomed Fire Lane...Fire Circle!! Or maybe a 4 way Fire Lane.

17. squrrel211

squrrel211 Ancient

sad that this map isnt as good because bungie added the no firebomb spamming

18. Mikey

Mikey Guest

I love how it does not feel or play like another map

By the pics i couldnt tell what the base map was which is a good thing!

19. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

This was good before when firebombs could instant respawn and setting up something that looked like a whole new map was something special, I've decided not to remake it, although I though about making a "Ring of Fire" on Foundry. If you like this map, try one of my newer, and much better maps.

20. Raz Kenobi

Raz Kenobi Ancient

I hate it when people leave the map, pisses me off that the barrier can't keep cheaters out. However partly through playing I noticed the rocket launcher out there. A reward for leaving your map maybe???