figure?

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Mazta Pasta, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mazta Pasta

Mazta Pasta Forerunner

I worked on this puzzle a lot last year and I just got back to it recently.

The puzzle is on Sandbox. It covers all 3 levels of Sandbox with the middle level being the smallest. It consists of jumps, puzzles, and obstacles. It's the longest puzzle map I've ever made so far.

The lobby should read "Can you" on "figure?". Please be kind enough to send me videos or descriptions of any breaks you find in the map.

Post your problems if you are stuck, and I will tell you how to get past that part. (Through PM)

Do not use toggle crouch and do not play as elites.

MAP GAMETYPE

PICS

Spawning Room. Shadows and glows are misleading.[​IMG]
    The hub. You'll make plenty of stops here.[​IMG]
    1st teleport from hub. A bit of jumping. Figure out how to get the grav lift to the platform.[​IMG]
    You want something over here, but it's useless where it is. Try to get it to where you are.[​IMG]
    2nd teleport. Dig for treasure, spend it, then come back for more.[​IMG]
    The infamous hard jump. I'll make it easier if its too hard.[​IMG]
    You'll want to unblock these.[​IMG]
    Your prize for finishing half of the adventure.[​IMG]
    Fly the hornet over here. Sorry but you're gonna have to lose it.[​IMG]

The pics cover about half the puzzle. There's still more in the crypt.
    Thanks to everyone who tries this map out.

I've made a few changes to the map after I took those pictures. I polished the map up to fix frustrating parts of the puzzle so that people have more fun playing it. Note that the first teleport from the hub can lead to a few hard jumps, but they're not too bad. Try to figure out what to do first before doing the jumps so that you don't have to repeat them.
    Beware of the one and only turret clip in the map.

Good luck Have fun!

Walkthroughs (DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU REALLY NEED ONE)

How to get to the hub and through the first teleport.
    1st Room: Crouch, look down, turret clip. Face slightly to the center while crouching near the corner. (Only turret clip in entire map)
    2nd Room: Crouch, look down, tbag a corner. Only 1 corner will get you through.
    3rd Room: Grab a radar jammer, throw it in the corner, then grab another one. Blow up the first radar as you jump, then radar jammer jump to the teleport.
    4th Room: Grab the grav lift. Blow up the grav lift carrying the mongoose. Get in the mongoose. Drive it to the corner, then throw a grav lift under it. When the mongoose rises, let it fall on you. Punch a wall.
    Hub: Go into the last teleporter. Make a diagonal run at it and bump the wall before you go through.

#1 Mazta Pasta, May 17, 2010
    Last edited: May 19, 2010
  2. Mander

Mander YOU WOKE THE DRAGON

Looks quite decent for the type of map you were going for. I would call this more of an obstacle course rather than a puzzle as the challenges seem fairly straight forward and dont require much thinking, and there's large jumping sections. I also recommend either resizing the pics or taking them out of spoilers and just give a warning beforehand, because currently they are hard to view since I have to side scroll just to see the whole thing. Otherwise than that nice post, and I'll see how far I make it on the map.

#2 Mander, May 17, 2010
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  3. Mazta Pasta

Mazta Pasta Forerunner

I polished the map and made it so that you won't have a time when you know what to do but for God's sake you can't pull it off. Well at least for most people.

Please try it out guys!

4. L4D

L4D Forerunner

looks great! I have no question. what would you say the difficulty of this map would be? The some structure looks very original, or i haven't seen them before. Im looking forward to this map!

5. Mazta Pasta

Mazta Pasta Forerunner

Hmm difficulty...

I'd say that it's a decent medium difficulty. I didn't add any painfully hard puzzles to it.
    Although, it would be neat if someone who finishes the map would state his/her opinion on the difficulty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.