Fiery Deathball v2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Solorn, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Bllasae

Bllasae Ancient

Re: Fiery Deathball

Awesome and I love the settings and how you play, and also how you provided people with your own type of honor system.

2. abixenator

abixenator Ancient

Very good. Never would think of volleyball.

One note, your scoring system is good, but how about you put a hole behind the barrier. The hole would have a ramp, and at the bottom there would be receiver and sender node on top of eachother.

Here's how it would work. The flag would be behind a teleporter. If you tried to go through, you would go to aforementioned receiver node and the sender node on it would teleport you back to your court.

However, if the ball went down the ramp, it would block the receiver node, leaving the flag free for taking.

In short, ball rolls down ramp, blocks receiver node, the flag can be taken and give a point to the team that put it back there.

8/10 anyways. Good work.

3. Bllasae

Bllasae Ancient

I broke your map, twice. I found it was possible to actually get over to the enemy's side by crouch jumping and swinging the gravity hammer while jumping over the fence, and also, there's a spot on the blue side underneath the sign that you can hide from plasma coils in.

4. Solorn

Solorn Ancient

Deathball has now been updated with many glitch fixes. I just modified this original thread to reflect this.

Yes I am sure this system could work somehow. However you would have to change the name from fiery deathball to something like flag capture volleyball. Just kidding, I think it would be cool to do but I still like watching the other team squirm while you wait for them to be killed.

Yes I fixed the ones you posted, but didn't give you credit because technically you weren't the first person to notify me about them sorry.

5. Bllasae

Bllasae Ancient

Did you fix the ones I posted? And did you give me credit for finding them? lol.

6. corkystnr

corkystnr Ancient

Glad to see that you've stuck with refining your game, it'll pay off for sure. I see that you've placed nodes above the fence wall in the middle of the court to keep players from switching sides. I've seen this done before on some Stickball courts--one thing a portion of these people decided to do was raise the gravity instead of using the nodes, so the view isn't obstructed at all, even if it wasn't all that obstructed in the first place. In your volleyball game, it wouldn't seem to matter that they're up there, but when players fire rockets across the way, does it obstruct their view? I'm sure it's fine the way it is--and raising gravity would inevitably disallow the players from having enough of a view to fire rockets in the other direction (though it might be truer to the actual game of volleyball). Nice job, I hope DL's are coming through!

7. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

Ok at first I thought this was just another lame soccer map, however I am very impressed. I love this idea! The fusion coils falling is great!

For once in a really long time I am downloading a user created map.

-Donuts

8. Solorn

Solorn Ancient

Thanks for the compliment I hope you enjoy it!

It can obstruct your view when firing rockets, and they can also hit them. But the problem is that rockets when fired in that way arent that effective so I don't think it effects gameplay much since the angle is such you will have a hard time effectively scoring that way.

But you bring up another good point, why rockets at all? Since in volleyball you can't effect the other side only yours. While you are free to play with a variant that doesn't have the rockets I put them in because of the non similarity to volleyball. While in volleyball you score if the ball hits the ground. In deathball you score when the ball gets to the back of the court. So in essence it is more like tennis I guess. Although again that has a two bounce rule.

So the main difference is that the ball can bounce on one side of the court for as long as that side chooses to have it there with no negative consequences, which won't happen in either of the real life games. This leaves the possibility of griefing or allowing that side as much time as they want to line up their shot.

I added the rockets to prevent this and keep the game going. Also I don't want to gravity up because that prevents the 'spike' which is a great volleyball move.

The last point is even with 200% gravity if you swing two hammers behind a spartan I bet you can get them to fly over the center wall (I havent tried it yet but have seen some people fly pretty far in games).

Thanks for the comments and continues support!

9. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Wow, this is an incredible looking map. The creativity behind the idea is amazing. Well done.

10. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

I tried it out, and I really liked it. Unfortunately 2 boxes are on do not place at start and it ruins the gameplay since the VIP can get out of the level and opposing players can get to the other team's side.

11. Solorn

Solorn Ancient

Wow I can't believe I missed this before publishing it. So its the one double box on the outside next to the net? I fixed that and updated the fileshare.

12. TrueDarkFusion

TrueDarkFusion Ancient

Yea that was it. It's always good to extensively test before releasing a map.

13. Warlord Alpha

Warlord Alpha Ancient

Pretty cool! And you do know that you can embed youtube videos, right?

[youtube=(last 8 digits of the URL to your video))]

14. Critical Ghost

Critical Ghost Ancient

how did u make the fusin core thing and how does it work

15. Solorn

Solorn Ancient

Cool thanks for the info, that has been updated.

Pretty simple really. I suggest you download the map and look into it with forge. You can even knock the ball in to see what happens and track it with the theater.

But outlined here, the fusion cores are suspended above the players on pallets that will never respawn. When the ball is scored it knocks fusion cores into a mancannon causing them to detonate. These set of a chain reaction to blow up all the ones above their heads, which in turn destroy the pallets. When the fusion cores respawn instantly they will fall and continue to because the pallets are gone.

There are some subtle things that you can check out if you download the map. if you have any other questions PM me. Good luck.

16. HaloFan321

HaloFan321 Ancient

Looks amazing, I would love to check this out but I can't get on BUngie.

17. xpri2

xpri2 Ancient

no what happens is if the ball scores over the bridge behind each side fusioncoils fall from the top killing the team that lost

18. sham93

sham93 Ancient

I like this a lot! Me and my friend played it for a few rounds last night and had great fun!

Problem is, on i think blue side spawn, the fusion coils only occasionaly fell from the roof, meenin we had to wait for them to fall down and kill us. They just kept exploding in the roof.Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but hey, ITS SOOOO FUN!

19. HaloFan321

HaloFan321 Ancient

Alright, The Bnet is working again, I'll download and comment later today. It looks like the most original minigame I've ever seen.

20. desert fox360

desert fox360 Ancient