Mythic DLC Fiendish dreams

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Plague Fiend, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Plague Fiend

Plague Fiend Forerunner

FIENDISH DREAM

[​IMG]
    DOWNLOAD HERE

This is my final map for Halo 3, called "FIENDISH DREAM." It was designed for Infection game type and allows up to 13 players. The map is symmetrical and consists of 5 separate levels. The map is a OLN/BG canvas by someone else. Thanks to whoever you are.

Infected game type : Save One Bullet ( Alpha Zombie and Last Man Standing traits are same as Zombie's and Survivors.)
    No motion sensors either team
    Survivors no energy shields
    Survivors start with shotguns and magnums
    Infected start with swords
    Infected have 100% gravity
    25% infected, random to start (Top 25% of Winners after 1st round)
    3/5 minute rounds
    Everything else should be default

First level- Crypt Floor with four Lift Towers, Main Structure Basement tunnels, cover blocks and lifts located opposite each other (under the multi-bridge towers).
    Second level- Main Structure Basement
    Third level- Main Structure Lobby and two adjoining/opposite multi-bridge towers (lower bridges).
    Fourth level- Two Spawn Towers, located opposite each other and connected by elevated ramps from the Main Structures Lobby. These include the platform, lower re-spawn bases and upper re-spawn bases on each tower.
    Fifth level- Main Structure Attic and two adjoining/opposite multi-bridge towers (upper bridges).

SPAWN SYSTEM: The spawn system I devised allows the infected to re-spawn within several enclosed bases, even teleporting (upper re-spawn base only) to the opposite infected re-spawn base, without worrying about campers spawn killing. Survivors start by spawning on the platform (fourth level) opposite the infected platform starting spawn.

Important Notes:
    The Third level is accessible by the huge wedges (sides of Lift Towers) via a jump from the angled block walkway.
    The Fifth level is accessible by the elevated ramps on the Fourth level, if a survivor member allows you to jump off their head.
    The two lifts, one located under each of the multi-bridges provide access to the third and fifth levels. The third level is on the left hand side of the lift and the fifth is on the right side (aim for the narrow black strip on the right side of the script for fifth level).
    The only thing consistent about man cannons is that they are inconsistent. Take a couple of practice runs into all lifts before starting. I find that releasing the left joystick as you enter the lift works almost all the time.
    Play as a team or your doomed from the start.
    The original weapons, equipment, vehicles and some items are on the main sandbox level. This was done so that if anyone wished to use them for another game type they could.
    Two-thirds of this map was made by ghost merging and it consists of 449 pieces (not including the objects not used and are located on main sandbox level).
    My girlfriend refers to Halo as "Hell-No". She was "disappointed" when I pre-ordered the legendary edition of Halo Reach.

OVERVIEW:
    [​IMG]

MAIN STRUCTURE AND MULTI-BRIDGES, AND LIFT TOWER
    [​IMG]

VIEW OF LOBBY AND ATTIC FROM ELEVATED BRIDGE TO PLATFORM OF SPAWN TOWER
    [​IMG]

VIEW OF LIFT TOWER AND LOWER SPAWN TOWER
    [​IMG]

VIEW OF BASEMENT FROM LIFT UNDER MULTI-BRIDGE
    [​IMG]

VIEW OF BASEMENT BRIDGE ENTRANCE AND SIDE ENTERANCE BEHIND LIFT TOWER
    [​IMG]

VIEW OF LOBBY
    [​IMG]

VIEW OF LOBBY FROM LOWER MULTI-BRIDGE
    [​IMG]

VIEW OF ELEVATED BRIDGE AND SPAWN TOWER FROM LOBBY
    [​IMG]

VIEW OF LOWER MULTI-BRIDGE TOWER FROM LOBBY
    [​IMG]

VIEW OF ATTIC WITH LIFT TOWER EXIT
    [​IMG]

VIEW OF ATTIC FROM MULTI-BRIDGE UPPER TOWER
    [​IMG]

VIEW OF UPPER MULTI-BRIDGE TOWER FROM ATTIC ( ZOMBIE RE-SPAWN BASE IS UPPER PART OF TOWER)
    [​IMG]

ZOMBIE RE-SPAWN BASE IN LOWER PART OF SPAWN TOWER
    [​IMG]

#1 Plague Fiend, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  2. masterpete117

masterpete117 Ancient

last map for halo 3... is a great one man. defineate download when computer fixes. alos can be used for odd ball

3. serumembryo

serumembryo Forerunner

Good forging and one question, How did you get that bright light to shine? This is pretty amazing. A great way to say goodbye to Halo 3. Forging is excellent and but it seems a little be strange, probably because I only play dark infection maps. Oh well its still great. Very nice job

4. ♥ Sky

♥ Sky I Beat the old Staff!

WOW!!!

This map looks amazing! You must have spent ages trying to get everything to look symetrical and even and you deserve more credit than I alone can give you. I love the lift tower and the top level of the map.

The only bad part is the random mis-coloured blocks which dont seem to be your fault but maybe you could try deleting and replacing them on the map? I don't know if it will work or not...

Has this map been set up for any other gametypes or does it only work for infection as you haven't made it clear in your description?

Overall a brilliant map with some outstanding merging you deserve a biscuit :D
    (or maybe the whole tin)

5. Plasma Blades

Plasma Blades Ancient

Yeah, this does look pretty nice. I especially love the bridges with the arches, that looks great. The only problem I see is in the 6th picture. It looks like the 2 large ramps are off the ground. That could get problematic with grenades. Otherwise everything seems perfectly symmetrical, which is really hard to do.

6. Plague Fiend

Plague Fiend Forerunner

Thanks for pointing out the large ramps. This is a glitch that I thought I had fixed. I noticed that after some games the combination of items: huge block, large ramp and man cannon causes the ramps to lift and the man cannons to turn. This cause problems with grenades and lifting.

7. Lyles

Lyles Ancient

Um, it would have been EXTREMELY helpful if you had just made a link to the gametype instead of telling us every little detail about it...

8. PWNAGEStudioz

PWNAGEStudioz Forerunner

This map is pure awesome. The blocks and merging are very precise. I like the verticality of the map. And I basically like it overall. Bravo. Be seein' you in Forge World