Fez

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by Dow, Jan 1, 2009.

?

How do you rate this map?

1. Awesome

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Good

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Fair

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Poor

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. HORRIBLE NEEDZ MOAR INTERLOCKZ!!! I SHOULD GIVE UP FORGE AND GO FIRE MY LAZAH IN MALAYSIA

8 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Dow

Dow Ancient

Fez
    Created by DoWw

Base: Foundry.

Welcome to my first post. Fez is a minigame map that is made for the gametype Wack a Zombie. The main idea behind this map was to create a map similar to an infection game I played where zombies spawned in "graves". However, the map I played on was just one of those crappy maps where the humans had a base to camp in and the zombies simply became target practice. So i finally decided to create a fair map that could produce scrumptulous gameplay for both zombie's AND humans! And thus, Fez was born. The name Fez is my friend emilioemilio11's idea. I asked him whats an appealing name and it's New Years and he was drunk so he randomly blurted out "Fez" so i was like cool ;]. Anyways, in Wack a Zombie, humans spawn with Gravity Hammers and another weapon (party leaders can change this as they please, I found in testing that if you mix it up, its a bit more fun) and 50% gravity (in case they accidentally fall in one of the graves). They also do not have any radar, so the zombie's could come out of any hole, you never know. The zombie's spawn inside of the "graves" and have 50% gravity, energy swords, 10 meter sensors, and no shields. Though it doesnt help much, they also have poor camo. The last man standing has regenerating grenades to throw into each of the graves, but in larger parties, you wont have much time to do so. The humans can also pick up the flamethrower located in the center. Theres a small problem with the humans attempting to camp inside of the graves, but with a little teamwork from the zombies, it's not much of a burden.

A Special thanks to:
    Pro Gamer 555
    Art of War XI
    MLG TRUE THAT
    flyboi25
    And anybody else who helped me test the map :].

Forging 101:

[ YES ] __Floating Objects
    [ ___ ] __Instant Respawn
    [ YES ] __Immovable Objects
    [ ___ ] __Timed Map Events
    [ YES ] __Effective Spawn Placement
    [ ___ ] __Gravity Lift Techniques
    [ ___ ] __Objects Placed in Water
    [ ___ ] __Used Symmetry Option
    [ YES ] __Interlocking Objects
    [ YES ] __Objects Merged with Map Geometry
    [ YES ] __Unlimited Budget Glitch

Now for the screen shots

Not a very lucky spawn :[
    [​IMG]

Looks like it wasnt that camper's luck day!
    [​IMG]

Ehhhh too bad, wrong place at the wrong time?
    [​IMG]

Hehehe I wonder whats gonna happen to him?
    [​IMG]

Overview of map without roof.
    [​IMG]

Download Fez
    Download Wack a Zombie

#1 Dow, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  2. IxXROADKILLXxI

IxXROADKILLXxI Ancient

Hmmm quit nice. from what i see the zombies droping down a hole seems too intrest me.

Also looks very clean and playable. Well done!

3. ILeviathonI

ILeviathonI Ancient

Awesome, I actually had this same kind of idea a while ago except it was proper wack a zombie with the zombies jumping up out of hole but not being able to get out, anyway im sure this works just as well and congrats for being the first infection map that i have DLd

4. atc cvhawley

atc cvhawley Ancient

yea ive been looking for a whack a mole map "whack a zombie"

5. SiN Fwang

SiN Fwang Ancient

good idea, and it's pretty clean. i like how the gamtype can be altered to your liking. i would make secondary weapons Random. I would DL, but two things: 1) i have no room left (i need to clean out my hard drive) and 2) i don't play too many custom games. anyway, 5/5! love it, and keep on forging!

6. celticsfan1

celticsfan1 Ancient

This looks really fun, Im not normally a fan of zombies but I could see myself playing this

7. FR0ZEN FEARS

FR0ZEN FEARS Ancient

Yes! Finally! All the fun of toilet without the epic spawnkilling! This looks like a lot of fun. It's qued up and I can't wait to play on it. :p

8. DieHardAssassin

DieHardAssassin Ancient

It seems way too small for the amount of holes you have put into the game. How long does a typical game last? also, maybe try making a game where humans spawn in holes, get grav lifted up, and may be hit by a zombie, if they dont kill it first.

9. Dow

Dow Ancient

Its supposed to have lots of holes to make it more unexpected where the zombie's will spawn. and a game on average usualy lasts around 2-3 minutes. Atleast it did during testing. It depends on which weapons you decide to use

10. Chedderboy

Chedderboy Ancient

It certainly looks clean enough, I'll have to wait to play it to pass judgement though.

11. oDannyKellyo

oDannyKellyo Ancient

Looks like toilet without everyone at the one hole. 5/5

12. A hobo

A hobo Ancient

Please don't necropost.

Anyways, this map looks really good. It seems fun, and everything is nice and smooth. Just one question though, why don't you merge man cannons and gravity lifts to keep the humans out?

13. Dow

Dow Ancient

Well, it's already been necro-bumped, so i don't see the problem in answering this. You see, zombies have the small radar so they can wait till the right time to jump put of the whole and kill the human. Sort of like waiting in the shadows, and the element of surprise. Also, if there was man cannons, you could hear which hole the zombie was coming out of and the element of surprise would be ruined

14. Ginja Ninja

Ginja Ninja Ancient

very original liked how you made more holes so theys no camping 10/10

15. Ginja Ninja

Ginja Ninja Ancient

Like the map dl right now sweet very creative and a good slayer map