Sandbox Fear origins

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by UPS KARMA, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UPS KARMA

UPS KARMA Ancient

FEAR ORIGINS is a infection based map. it has many things that can still be done but i think that this went well.This map has the pen and ink effect on it but i didnt put that in the pics because they would have looked wierd.
    has some brs and smg's to help with the game play. there is no unlimited ammo because that would be unfair for the zombies. the zombies run a little bit slower than usual but they are fully invise so watch out. they can jump 10% higher so that also gives them an advantage. the humans spawn with a br to help a little. have fun.

Out side of the map + Zombie spawn
    [​IMG]

Inside the pyramid + Human spwan
    [​IMG]

Under pyramid through the hole in the ground
    [​IMG]

Inside tube intersection
    [​IMG]

Hole through tube intersection
    [​IMG]

The pillar + some of the ramp
    [​IMG]

More of the pillar + ramp
    [​IMG]

The whole ramp
    [​IMG]

Top of pillar
    [​IMG]

Another spot to chill
    [​IMG]

When you reach the top of the ramps
    [​IMG]

Dont want to use the ramp? use the man cannon
    [​IMG]

Little bit of cover
    [​IMG]

Corner tube by middle cover
    [​IMG]

Me trying to take a screenshot on top of map
    [​IMG]

Download map: Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    Download game: Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

#1 UPS KARMA, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
  2. MONSTERheart

MONSTERheart Ancient

Wow, why hasn't anyone commented on this yet?

Obviously, a full review will require me to play it first, so I'll just go with what is in the description/screens.

For the most part, the interlocking/aesthetics in general are pretty good. There are a couple errors, but those can be overlooked. It's hard building in the crypt, especially with so many objects in use.

A weapons list is in order though. From what I can tell, I only see a couple BR's and whatever it is on those large blocks (the screenshot is a tad to small).

Perhaps if you could extend it to include asymmetric games such as One Bomb it would attract more players. Just add more weapons and the attacking team has to fight their way down the tube, with the bomb never resetting.

Although I have the suspicion that as of now the map is low on funds, by looking at how much there is. If you can, I would wholly recommend expanding the game types.

4.5/5
    I would rate it lower for the lack of gameplay options, but, for what it is, it's good.
    Downloaded.

3. redeyesmaster

redeyesmaster Ancient

nice map i would like to post this...

into the architecture forum would you mind that?

4. Willrus

Willrus Ancient

This looks like it would be fun, and I really like the aesthetics. The structures that you made with the tubes are really interesting. It does look a little bit sloppy and I'm confused as to where the zombies spawn and how they attack the people. But overall I like it.

5. regulargonzales

regulargonzales Ancient

I love the idea and it looks really interesting, but it's designed with infection in mind, and I have no interest in playing infection gametypes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.