Favorite Kind of Map

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by opothehippo, Jan 4, 2008.

?

If you were play a average custom game, what kind of map would you like to play?

1. A crazy infection map with bases and weapons galore

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A more detailed serious map that you would play something like territorys or CTF on

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

I was wondering what kind of map people want to play when they actually get into a custom game with a decent sized party. A lot of the games I go into or that I host are infection maps with crazy bases and overstocked weapons, just because infection is a gametype that is managable, simple, and many people like. So im wondering for the next map I make, if you were play a average custom game, what kind of map would you like to play?
    I personaly would like to play an infection map, just because it dosent require some kind of honor system or any explaining, and random xbox live retards in your party dont really have the option to screw up/sabatoge the game.

2. PHOENIX 874

PHOENIX 874 Ancient

The best map possible does not require any following of the honor rules. Also, I've seen Infection maps done to death, and half of them are the same routine - Humans camp in a "base" with powerful weapons while the Zombiesergs are weak and move fast. It's nothing that requires much skill, and it isn't much fun if you're the zombie. And it isn't much better if you're the human, either. The average infection map is only good for people who like to try and try and blindly try again, or for those who enjoy insane multikill and spree medals.

On the other hand, a good Slayer/CTF map is something that can be enjoyed over and over again.

3. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

Didn't we already ask this question....Infection btw

4. Klink258

Klink258 Ancient

Don't you mean ftw?

5. TheYavimayan

TheYavimayan Ancient

No I mean by the way... for the win does not apply...

6. TiTaNfOlIfE

TiTaNfOlIfE Ancient

I'd take a good CTF/Slayer map over a zombie game anyday... theres far to many zombie games and they just aren't very fun anymore...

7. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

my bad, i didnt search the fourm very thoroughly. im just trying to get ideas for a fun map

8. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Don't worry, it serves as a discussion point for your next map, and half of you guys are quite new here, at least on posts, so it's all good. Welcome to Forge Hub all of you, btw. ;)

I think it depends what mood you're in. I personally lean towards more competitive maps, but a good infection is always fun. Overdone ideas in infection are ridiculously common, but there are some good ones out there.

Good luck with your next map, I look forward to seeing what you come up with when it's posted.

9. Jax

Jax Ancient

A serious map which makes people think its a bungie-made map, infection is too old and just because its somewhat new to the halo franchise doesn't mean it can be done in every single map. Give us a map that turns all the so-called classics into bullshit.

10. Soggydoughnuts

Soggydoughnuts Ancient

I have noticed that most of us here are like half and half, half are the infection base type people and the others well they are the other choice. They are mostly the people that you should be scared of really...

-Donuts

11. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

It doesn't actually matter what you make as long as its good and original. If you just toss together weapon "aromories" and call your "COOL MAP," and say you made an awesome infection map, then I would vote against that. However if you create a well designed and original infection map, that could be something to vote for.

12. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

I loved zombies from Halo 2. I don't like it much in Halo 3. I'm just disappointed that so many people only play infection. It's fun for a break from highly competitive matches, but there is so much more to Halo than Infection.

My biggest problem with Infection is that the game balance changes as the match progresses. The zombie team is weak at the start but gains strength as it gains members. The human team is strong at the start but gets whittled away by the zombies. When that sweet spot of game balance is finally reached, it is very brief.

I see how people can be drawn to Infection. They don't need to worry about where the weapons are, where the flag is, what the score is, or any of that. They just need to kill. I understand that the simplicity of it can be fun for people. But once you get good at highly competitive and highly balanced games like Slayer and CTF, nothing beats the satisfaction of barely getting the win at the last possible second with a triple kill.

Some people out there make really great maps, and it disappoints me when a person like that limits themselves to making Infection maps only.

13. xxBRYTExx

xxBRYTExx Ancient

personally i like a good capture the flag or bomb map. i have found that many people like combined game types. i am actually releasing my map Deadly Delay soon. This map is a combination between team slayer and king of the hill. in thismap the team must bot kill and get the hill to win. this balance is what i have found makes for good game play.

14. HelicopterPilot

HelicopterPilot Ancient

As much as I love playing infection on a map put together in under 5 minutes with a human base and super fast zombies. :p ;D I still love to play on a well built map.

15. Lance001

Lance001 Ancient

I was going to say something witty, but this dude beat me to it.

I agree completely, of course. Infection is highly overdone, and usually unbalanced. Give me a good, original map anyday!