Favorite Campaign Mission?

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Jake Pajamas, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Jake Pajamas

Jake Pajamas Guest

Campaign rarely gets talked about, other than that week leading up to bungie day. What's your favorite campaign mission and why?

My favorite:
    Mission: The Convenant
    Why?: It offers a little bit of everything as far as gameplay goes, lasering, sniping, driving, battling covenant, battling flood, flying, etc. In addition, the cutscene of the Arbiter stabbing the prophet of truth is awesome.

2. Eyeless Sid

Eyeless Sid Ancient

Same the mission Covenant has every style of fighting ranging from infantry to vehicle and all close and far ranged fights. I rank this mission up with some Halo 1 missions. : ]

3. Murdock Sampson

Murdock Sampson Ancient

I like covenant the best because its huge, and there are some challenging parts, and some parts where you can just pwn.

as a side note, i hate the mission cortana cuz it freaks me out, and also cuz every 5 seconds it stops you so that gravemind can bellow at you or cortana can cry/scream at you. not fun in my opinion.

4. jedi eli

jedi eli Ancient

My very favorite level of all time is CORTANA!!! Just kidding. It would probably have to be The Ark or The Covenant.

5. Jake Pajamas

Jake Pajamas Guest

we could actually extend this beyond halo 3 and go to halo ce and 2 aswell.

i agree, cortana is pretty bad, but nowhere near as bad as guilty spark 343 in halo: ce, or whatever the mission was where you go around the same hallway 50 billion times and wait for the monitor to open a door, battling flood while you do it.

6. Shad0w Viper

Shad0w Viper YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME!!!
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Honestly, I would have to say my Favorite mission was Halo. The mission brought back many fond memories from Halo 1. Sure it had one of the crappiest boss battles in gaming history but the ability to relive the the feeling of the end of Halo 1 more than made up for it.

7. My Local Sniper

My Local Sniper Ancient

My favourite mission is Cortanna on legendary with all the skulls on... I never reach third checkpoint. Other from that, I would say... Crows Nest. I just like where it's set, how it plays, you know.

8. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

I know you will disagree with me, but Halo 2 had the best campaign of all of the games.
    It balanced the story, the epic, and the gameplay very well. The one big flaw was the legendary gameplay.
    Delta Halo, and Regret were just f***ing awesome, Bxring elites is endless awesome.

9. N1NJ4

N1NJ4 Ancient

Assualt on the Control Room from Halo CE is my all time favorite Halo mission

10. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

Halo CE: Keyes

Halo 2: Outskirts or Uprising

Halo 3: The Covenant or The Storm

11. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

Halo CE: Keyes, The Maw and Halo
    Halo 2: Outskirts, Gravemind and Quarantine Zone
    Halo 3: The Ark and The Covenant

12. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

Keyes, Outskirts and the Covenant FTW!

it's strange, cause i like each one for different reasons. I like Keyes because of the atmosphere and environment in it, Outskirts for the urban warfare and driving, and the covenant for the epic scarab battle, and the vehicle part leading up to it.

13. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

Same/similar reasons. Keyes is just insane. Some of the **** in it's really ****ing weird.
    Outskirts: Veehickles!!!
    Covenant: Boom, bang, vroom vroom, ka:punch: (LOL)

14. redearth

redearth Ancient

Covenant is the only time I actually play campaign for fun. Sometimes I'll get a group of friends, put it on legendary, throw some skulls on, and start at rally point bravo for the scarabs. We beat the scarabs? End game start it again. We did that for several hours once.

15. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

There's a simple explanation for that.

One of my favourite parts is at the start when cheif first sees arbiter and charges at him pushing everyone out of the way and almost jams his pistol down arbiter's throught. I loved that bit.

16. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

Also: AotCR ftw!!!
    Assault on the Control Room from Halo CE was such an epic level, for too many reasons.

17. Boydeh ..

Boydeh .. Ancient

I'm not sure what it is called but the last level is the best ...
    The driving part is epic! And its the most interesting level ..

18. CANNON

CANNON Ancient

I think its the best level aswell because on all the other missions i got bored and didn't really want to finish them.

But the last level i really enjoyed.

19. Albino Dave

Albino Dave Ancient

My favorite campaign mission is from Halo 2 the level Uprising. I loved playing that level because you get to get all of the Elites on that level and take out mass amounts of brutes. I would give all my Elites energy swords and give my grunts fuel rod cannons, and we would go tearing through the whole level. It was like 3 grunts and 4 Elites, and me, the Arbiter.

20. DimmestBread

DimmestBread Ancient

Halo CE: The maw - Epic warthog drive at the end. Can't beat that.
    Halo 2: Gravemind - Freakin impossible on legendary. Took me forever, but it was fun.
    Halo 3: Cortana - On legendary, this map takes a lot of tactics to beat by yourself.

#20 DimmestBread, Aug 3, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2008