Favorite 360 game

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Vital bite, Apr 22, 2008.

?

Favorute Xbox 360 game (other than halo 3 =)

1. Guitar hero 3

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. Call of duty 4

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Bioshock

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. Elder scrolls oblivian

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. Army of two

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. Timeshift

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Crackdown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Gears of War

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  9. the Orange box

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  10. Other (please explain what)

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. haruki jitsunin

haruki jitsunin Ancient

Splicers aren't scary, but the setting, the mood, the lighting, the big daddies, the little sisters, a freaking artist that makes his art from live people... a plastic surgeon that purposfully messes peoples' faces to look horrible... that's what I'm talking about.

2. heelflip360

heelflip360 Ancient

Skate or Army of Two, but you didn't put Skate so... Army of Two.

3. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

Bioshock is only scary for about the first half-hour of gameplay, then you get used to everything and it doesn't matter so much. the only thing that came close to scaring me was when you're in the bathysphere and the hook handed splicer is climbing around, otherwise it was pretty normal.

and WRENCH!!! FTW!!!

4. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

Yeah, for me, Morrowind was all about wandering the countryside until you reach around level 50 and max a few skills, then it is time for the main quest...

5. The Effected

The Effected Ancient

Guitar hero since its fun and somewhat active.

6. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

thats another thing about Oblivion, if you level up, the creatures around you do too. it's a cool feature, but it's unrealistic and makes leveling up pointless. also it does not allow you to encounter higher level creatures at lower levels which takes away some of the fun of running at massive over powering monsters with a lvl1.

7. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

yeah, that was always fun. The health-replenishing cheat was cool too. The next back-compat game the 360 gets HAS to be Morrowind, man.
    The fight system: I didn't like the 75% miss chance at first but now that I have such an awesome guy I hit every time.
    Oh the ashlands, they were so pwnage. I loved them. I found heaps of cool stuff. Daedric ruins, Orcish ruins (the fort-looking things that have weird tunnels and aren't human) and Dwemer ruins, armour, bandit camps, cool monstah-beings, and RED MOUNTAIN!

#27 GoodWhaleSushi, May 1, 2008
    Last edited: May 1, 2008
  8. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

Red Mountain was complete pwnge, and orcish ruins were amazing, but the best part was the daedric ruins were the best, all the random architecture and the great monsters inside, you would never find anything else like it. the expansion packs added a whole new level though, becoming a werewolf or having an assassination attempt on you was great, i never left solstheim once i got there, but that was because it was so much fun.
    Oblivion has some minor references to Morrowind, but it doesn't feel like they are on the same planet.
    and i'm pretty sure it is backwards compatible

9. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

No, I still have it. it doesn't work. I still prefer Dwemer ruins, they just pwned. Especially Arkngthand or whatever. The ones on red mountain pwn some pretty hard ****. And somehow I never find any werewolves. Do they just wander around or do you have to do a quest? And Solthseim? Fun, I've done all the missions outside the main fort too, but I still prefer Vvardenfell.

#29 GoodWhaleSushi, May 1, 2008
  10. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I'd have to say Bioshock; it has a fantastic story, and I've beaten it thrice now. It never fails to scare the hell out of me, yet offer great gameplay.

11. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

Lol, no one voted for timeshift or crackdown.
    Those games are so bad.
    I couldn't play Timeshift for more than half an hour, I hired it then played Halo that weekend and the only reason I've ever played crackdown was for the Halo 3 Beta

12. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

Lol. The only scary stuff about Bioshock are those little Easter eggs and stuff you only see if you're attentive. Like the statues that stalk you and the PttP station where the concreted splicer is sitting in a chair facing a wall, but after you get the weapon upgrade and turn around she's standing right in front of you.

13. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

yeah, dwemer ruins were always a bit more mysterious, but i liked the daedric because it was so up-front. and as for werewolves, you get it from fighting normal wolves and catching a disease, can't remember much else though.
    and i guess cause bioshock is an aussie game, i don't find it too scary cause we aussies all have a pretty similar reaction to horror, but then again, it could just be me.

14. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

Yeah, my reaction to horror is usually "Haha he got raped by an evil posessed manikin doll, classic!"

And for me it's Orcish = Dwemer > Daedric.
    Dwemer was just plain cool, and I loved all the dark tunnels and stuff in the Orcish ones. In one there was this arena where these Daedric worshippers would fight against starved Nix Hounds and scamps, and I would just jump down and interrupt the fights by killing everything.

#34 GoodWhaleSushi, May 1, 2008
  15. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

i dunno, there are some pretty sweet dwemer and not so many orcish, and of course there are the sewers beneath mournhold that just pwn everything.

16. GoodWhaleSushi

GoodWhaleSushi Ancient

The sewers are cool. I still remember being pwned to hell by those imp guys before I had to trade the box in for the 360 box...

You DO remember that the Orcish ones are the fort-like ones that kind of look like blocks, right?

17. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I remember in part of Bioshock where you have to go into this basement area filled with water. There are statues of frozen splicers everywhere. When you retrieve what you need, the light goes out, and when it turns back on, a couple of splicer statues are gone. That's when it gets a little freaky.

18. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

yeah that scared me, but the surgeon wasn't very original so i didn't care about him, and the final boss had like no terror factor at all.
    PS i managed to finish the game without dying once.

19. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Lost Odyssey makes me cry, ergo. Not the best game ever, but I admire what it does, and that's a rare thing nowadays.

For the record Morrowind is indeed >>> Oblivion, but let's keep on topic-ish.

20. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

ok sorry shock, i shall create a morrowind thread so that we may discuss it without bothering anyone.