Fav Maps

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by redsauce, May 8, 2009.

1. redsauce

redsauce Ancient

:markvi:What is your Favorite Map.?:markvi:

2. jameslieb1

jameslieb1 Ancient

Blood Gulch. It's the definition of a Halo team map.

3. Donii

Donii Ancient

Halo 1 : Wizard, Hangem High. 2: Battle Creek,Lockout,Midship,Ivory Tower. 3: Pit,Gaurd,Cons

4. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Seeing as I have only played Halo 3...

Big Team - Sandtrap
    4v4 - The Pit
    Doubles - Cold Storage
    FFA - Guardian or Construct

5. Meltyourtv

Meltyourtv Ancient

Halo 3:

1. Guardian
    2. Blackout
    3. The Pit
    4. Construct
    5. MLG Amplified (this counts, right?)

6. EpicFishFingers

EpicFishFingers Ancient

Sandbox
    Guardian
    The Pit
    Sandtrap

7. thesilencebroken

thesilencebroken Jill Sandwich

H:CE
    - Hang Em High
    - Damnation

H2
    - Ivory Tower
    - Waterworks
    - Sanctuary
    - Beaver Creek

H3
    - Ghost Town
    - Guardian
    - Assembly
    - The Pit

8. Ricooooooooo

Ricooooooooo Ancient

The Pit
    Sandbox (For Forging)
    Construct
    Guardian

9. Crymzen

Crymzen Ancient

well i never played any multiplayer for halo 1 and 2 so i dont know about any of them maps.but my faorites for ahlo 3 are:

1.The Pit
    2.gaurdian
    3.construct
    4.blackout
    5.valhalla

10. Ethrock

Ethrock Ancient

H:CE - Sidewinder, without even a moments hesitation.

Halo 2: Blood Gulch, again, no hesitation.

Halo 3: There are admittedly too many good ones. I like The Pit, Construct, Valhalla, Narrows, Guardian, Sandbox, Foundry, Cold Storage, Blackout... I think that's my faves.

11. Benji

Benji Ancient

ive only played halo 3 online so
    1) Valhalla
    2) The Pit
    3) Blackout

12. nuvnuv123

nuvnuv123 Ancient

halo 1) hang em high
    halo 2) midship, gemini, waterworks, headalong, containment
    halo 3) guardian, construct, orbital, avalanche, high ground

13. Glasgow

Glasgow Ancient

CE: Blood Gulch
    2: Headlong
    3: Sandtrap :p

Those are the first that came to mind when I read favorite maps.

14. Speed-e-cake

Speed-e-cake Ancient

Halo CE:

Hang 'em High - I found myself only playing FFAs on Halo when playing on the PC, but Hang 'em High was just an all time favourite map when it came right down to Slayer matches, whether it was on HCE or H2.

Chiron TL-34 - A lot of people hate this map, I don't blame them though. This map can be a little frustrating when jumping in with no knowledge, but once memorized, matches of Shotguns never were more satisfying.

Halo 2:

Headlong, Terminal, Containment - Pretty self explanatory, when playing Halo 2 nowadays, I seem to only find people in BTB, or only enjoy myself in BTB. These are the maps that make the enjoyment happen, never made objective matches dull.

Halo 3:

Avalanche, Rat's Nest, Sandtrap - My favorite BTB maps from H3 are again, self explainitory. Warthogs never had it better on these maps that were even infantry friendly (when they want to be).

Orbital - I would be a liar if I said I bought the Mythic map pack only for Sandbox, Orbital was the first Halo 3 map in space, and everything about it, I love. Except the grenade spaming, that can **** off.

15. D R A N C Y

D R A N C Y Ancient

Didnt play the first or second, im currently waiting for money to buy them cus they seem epic.

Fav H3 maps:
    Guardian, Construct, and Rats nest

16. mista tipsta

mista tipsta Ancient

hmm well my favorite Default maps would be...

Halo CE: Gephyrophobia (from the PC version) and Hang 'Em High
    Halo 2: Ivory Tower, Lock Out, Coagulation,Sanctuary and Midship
    Halo 3: Valhalla , Guardian, and High Ground

dang i forgot how much I liked Halo 2

17. Killer Tangerine

Halo: CE - Halo's forefather sparked the epic maps that would soon come to the series. Perfect examples of these maps are listed below, also there the best of the Halo series

Hang 'Em High - This is honestly one of the best maps in the whole Halo series, the sheer awe and might of the constant bombardment of each base + the combinations of heights and short to long ranged weapons forged this map to what it is: Awesome. Hopefully these aspects will be taken into account for the creation for the second wave of the Mythic Maps.

Blood Gulch - Another epic map which lit the way for Team Slayer (or rather, Big Team) games. The echoes of 50 caliber machine gun shells from the Warthog and the screams of the Banshees overhead certainly added to the epic experience of this rather exhausting to walk but fun map. This map is one of the best, Bungie however seemed to miss every aspect of what made it awesome when it came to the creation Standoff and Sandtrap. Which was very disappointing.

Halo 2
    - Halo 2 contained easily the best of all Halo maps (Besides Hang 'Em High of course). This is going to be hard to choose from...

Lockout - How couldn't you love Lockout? It's perfect gameplay revolves around great weapon placement and map angles. This map is purely the most greatest Halo map since Hang 'Em High.

Headlong - Since I'm to lazy to say anything else for this map I'll just say this: its tight

Halo 3

Construct - The asymmetrical map along with its extraordinary gameplay spawn a load of reasons for this map to be "Classic". It brings back the Halo: CE and Halo 2 feel of a great map, while the other Halo 3 maps bathe in there lethargic layout. It seems to me Construct along with a select few are probably the best to come from the Halo 3, and thats coming from a long time fan of the series.

Last Resort - Yeah, thats right, the Halo 3 Zanzibar remake has made it into my list. Not only does it perfect (or fix a few things), but it also is introduces the great Halo 2 feel to Halo 3 (along with Construct) which we should all love. But with new features comes new problems: I miss the rocky hills where the electricity "tubes" are now, they were very important to the maps layout along with many other small features that made this game great.

18. kill4overkill

kill4overkill Ancient

1. Coagulation, what else could it be?
    2. Sidewinder
    3. Mlg Amplified
    4. Guardian
    5 Narrows

19. Dragull

Dragull Ancient

The Pit, Construct , Narrows (when Im not being spawn killed), Cold Storage, Blackout, Assembly and, obviously, SANDBOX.
    Last resort is also cool, but only with 8 people or +.
    Orbital I didnt played much yet.

Halo 2 have the best maps: Midship (best EVER), Sanctuary, Warlock, Lockout, Ascention and Foundation.

#19 Dragull, May 19, 2009
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
  20. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

Halo CE: I really didn't play this often, and didn't have it for PC, so no favorites. Multiplayer maps kinda suck without Online.. Not BG though.

H2: Headlong, its so epic. Loved just going on top of buildings in MM and shooting down. Or getting the flag and superjumping into the building and standing in the hole.

H3: They all suck. But Sandbox. forge.