Sandbox Farside

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Physx, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Physx

Physx Ancient

-FARSIDE-

[​IMG]

Farside is an asymmetrical map made in the sky of Sandbox. It is my first competitive map and my first asymmetrical map. I wanted to make a map that would make players adapt to a new style and always watch out. Without further ado, here is the weapons list.

=Weapons=
    8 BRs on 20sec respawn
    1 Shotgun on 120sec respawn
    4 SMGs on 60sec respawn
    4 Carbines on 30sec respawn
    1 Rocket on 180sec respawn
    2 Needlers on 60sec respawn
    6 Frag Nades on 30sec respawn
    6 Plasma Nades on 30sec respawn
    1 Overshield on 150sec respawn
    1 Active Camo on 120sec respawn
    4 Spikers on 60sec respawn

=Pictures=

Defender's Base
    [​IMG]

Attacker's Base
    [​IMG]

Camo
    [​IMG]

Overshield
    [​IMG]

Attacker's Carbine Tower
    [​IMG]

Middle
    [​IMG]

Shotgun
    [​IMG]

Map Overview
    [​IMG]

Map Overview 2
    [​IMG]

Please post any criticism or comments on my map as it can help greatly.
    Thanks and enjoy!

Download Farside

2. Prima

Prima Ancient

Looks great, but I would put Plasma Nades on a 20 sec respawn.

I don't know if it works, and I don't know how your map works out, but I'll try it out and tell you.

3. marshie 333

marshie 333 Ancient

Looks good. I like how you made a "symmetrical" asymmetrical map, if you know what I mean. The layout looks really nice, with some narrow sections, but also a centerpiece to balance them out. The weapons looks good too. The only advice I have is that you should consider adding more cover, (I haven't played on it so I can't say for sure if it's needed) but overall this looks like a good map, especially for a first competitive one. Good job.

4. Physx

Physx Ancient

I was thinking about putting more cover in the map but I really could not find any suitable places to put cover. I think the tube pieces and corners can serve as good cover but becomes useless when grenades come into play. I'll think about it in the meantime.

5. toasted kittuns

toasted kittuns Ancient

That seems like a little much for a map like this.

As for the map itself, it looks unique, but I am pretty sure it won't play out well. I'm pretty sure if you're trying to out-BR someone, you wouldn't pay much attention to your surroundings, and you would just end up falling off the map. Yes, there are barriers, but much of the map is wide open. Also, shotties + tube = immense camping.

And some of the walls don't even seem lined up [see pic 4, ramp-ish wall]. This causes bumping when trying to get around the map and tends to be annoying. I am not saying that everything has to be merged, I'm just saying to at least try to line your objects up.

WTF? No, I don't know what you mean. Unless you mean that the map is asymmetrical but plays symmetrical. Either way, it doesn't seem like much of a "symmetrical" asymmetrical map to me, if you know what I mean. [EDIT: but thanks for the quote, it's going in my sig.]

#5 toasted kittuns, Aug 24, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2009