Famine

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by BRskillz, Aug 1, 2008.

1. BRskillz

BRskillz Ancient

#1 BRskillz, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  2. Pro NZ Assassin

Pro NZ Assassin Ancient

Ok this does look like a really good map but i think you mite needa embed more pics....

3. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

No no, this is up to standards. One embedded pic. Back to the review. The map is very unique, and looks good for SWAT, but there is the issue of spawn camping. Where are the spawns?

4. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

i don't get the idea of this map. is looks neat, but i don't get it. is it for slayer, CTF, assault, or what.

5. FishCrackers

FishCrackers Ancient

He/She explains what it is in the reason for editing.

Other than that... No.
    I'm not really seeing me using this in the future.
    2/5 from me.

#5 FishCrackers, Aug 1, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  6. Mr Pokephile

Mr Pokephile Forge Labs
    Forge Critic Senior Member

The map looks really good from what I can see, im not going to download it how-ever.

For future posts I suggest adding more pictures an making more of a write up. This is not bungie where you can only post one picture, you can post up to twenty.

Also if you were to give a brief description of your map, it would be helpful too. Like maybe talk about why the fence walls are there on the ground or maybe go over some gameplay tatics or how it works out. All this makes people want to download so they knwo what there downloading.

7. Ryan. K.

Ryan. K. Ancient

Welcome to ForgeHub!

Yeah, this IS up to standarts, but I recommend to embed some more pics and explain some things about the map.

Now, the map looks, okay.
    It's nothing special and I see no unique things with, Interlocking and Geo Merging, which isn't in the map at all, for all you did a decent first post but I guess have to work a little bit on it, so further then that, great job!

8. dYlAn DoEs WoRk

dYlAn DoEs WoRk Ancient

looks a little bland maybe some more cover in the middle and some secenery is always nice

9. darth ky

darth ky Ancient

Looks unique, but more pics and a description would help dl's. 6/10

10. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

it would have been great to have more pics but still the map looks pretty good

11. Silent oo death

Silent oo death Ancient

This isn't up to standards because it doesn't have a discription and it seems to not be that good anyways so oh well; too bad for you. Make it more flashy and release a v2. That's my advice

12. A SouthPark Kid

A SouthPark Kid Ancient

It looks cool 3/5 but you need to put more info, just add some more pics and make a decent description.

13. Camoflaug

Camoflaug Ancient

this is probly your first map its a decent map but you might want to embed more pics, and put more detail into the middle also but more cover all i see barriers. good job on the most you should also put a description of the map.

14. Bloumbas

Bloumbas Ancient

i dont think its up to standards actually, not spamming---
    but ttheres no discription, isnt that one of the requirements?
    map looks well made, but i think you need cover not just two platforms, and a middle one.

15. Pegasi

Pegasi Ancient

As previously said, this post really would benefit from a description. It helps to describe how a map plays, as well as point out its features and so on.
    You should also definitely include more than one picture, just to show off you map as much as possible. But, I am sorry to say, one pic is all that's really needed in this map in its current form, since its so open and simple. It is very nicely interlocked, smooth, clean looking and nicely symmetrical, but way too open. On top of this, 30s respawns and 2 spare clips on 2 sniper rifles is overkill for this map, its just going to be a snipefest from each base.

Considering you have almost $220 budget left, a large central divide is easily doable and could really turn this map around. A high central barrier running from your created wall to the opposite wall of foundry, halfway through your fence wall/box middle structuring, would really divide this map properly, and give players more options. Using things like double boxes, you could make a relatively simple structure that divided the map, but had various ways through at different heights.

You might also want to extend the bases toward this central divide, and I think an asymmetric design element may work well here. If you extended the furthest base shown in your picture to meet the top of the fence wall structuring, and extended the other to meet the fence boxes, it would give more options for movement from each base and generally fill the map up a little.

Whilst this map is very bare in its current form, with a reasonably small amount of structural work it could really turn around, and become and interesting 2v2 push and shove kind of map, especially if cover was added on the top of the boxes in each base, giving them a more solid and defendable feel.

16. Ace Of Light

Ace Of Light Ancient

Even if it's up to standards, I'd still prefer more pics. From what I can see it looks like a 4/5- a little too open for me, personally- but I'd really prefer to see the rest of the map.

17. ZANDER1994

ZANDER1994 Ancient

Everybody is saying it's up to standards but he didn't add a description. If I remember correctly you have to. So, not up to standards. Add a description and more pictures and you'll get more downloads.