Fallout

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by Blaq Cloud1, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Blaq Cloud1

Blaq Cloud1 Promethean

Map Name:
    Fallout

Fallout (The Undead Atom) Author:
    Blaq Cloud

Orginal Atom Author:
    JoeSki73

Map Canvas:
    Forge World

Map Size:
    Medium

Player Count:
    4-12

Supported Gametypes:
    Infection, Safe Haven

Description:

Fallout

Map Description:
    In the aftermath of an atomic war, a zombie apocalypse seemed to have taken rise. The few survivors banned together to fight the endless wave of undead.

This bedlam inspired infection map brings back the memories of a bygone early era of reach. As Atom is no longer around everyone took it for dead. But the dead will not always stay dead. :scared:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Additional Screen shots: Link

Download and enjoy.​

#1 Blaq Cloud1, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. Charles Stoot

Charles Stoot Promethean

Is this like the Knew TU maps for Infection but with Atom?

I like it Alot.

Clicked Download.

#2 Charles Stoot, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  3. newbieninja2

newbieninja2 Forerunner

I like the idea of taking the the other matchmaking maps and giving them revamps in the style of the maps in the infection update. However I am not sure how the changes (all the forge items bent over so the map looks decayed and crumbled) work strategicly. Could you explain your resoning for these changes

4. Blaq Cloud1

Blaq Cloud1 Promethean

I credit Gnappy (the creator of bedlam) for his pointers on how to pull this off.
    Creating a deconstructed map is an exercise in aesthetic function. Each piece has to be placed to allow for easy movement, long and short lines of sight, and still fit the map's aesthetic theme.

When creating the map you must forge from the zombie's POV. As they the most disadvantaged until the latter part of each round.

#4 Blaq Cloud1, Feb 28, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  5. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Ok, so cool idea. Possibly wrong map choice? There's not alot of pieces to maneuver with, most of them are big platform and building. There coulda been more thought pit into this. Unless you missed some of the ruins in the screenshots, cause I don't see much destroyed stuff . And the big tower that fell down looks in realistic . Visualize. See the ruined object say 500 years later. Oh well. It was a good attempt at a new tu map

6. SIERRA420

SIERRA420 Forerunner

Ruined objects are rotated objects put simply yes but making it look believable and like a broken part of the object is also crucial. You have the right idea, but Atom isn't the best map to deconstruct since its made out of so many big pieces. It was a good shot at making a TU Living Dead kind of map.

7. OREODUKEISAIAH

OREODUKEISAIAH Promethean

sweet map bro keep um coming!

8. Blaq Cloud1

Blaq Cloud1 Promethean

***Screen shots updated