Sandbox Falling Tiles v2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mini Game Maps' started by stringcheese91, Jun 3, 2009.

1. stringcheese91

stringcheese91 Ancient

[​IMG]Made By Frogger CS

-Added- Second floor for the zombie with two way nodes to get back and forth and gives the humans more jumping room.

About
    The humans spawn in the center ring (made of pallets) and the zombie spawns on the outer ring and throws grenades to break the floor to kill the humans each round is 3 minutes long. The zombie gets 2 points per kill and the last man standing gets a 5 point bonus.

Falling Tiles

General Overview

[​IMG][/URL]

Zombie Spawn Areas

[​IMG][/URL]

Human Spawn Area

[​IMG][/URL]

Now A couple Action ScreenShots

[​IMG][/URL]

[​IMG][/URL]
    [​IMG]This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1536x1152 and weights 223KB.

Here's The Map Download Link

Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

Here's The Game Variant Download Link

Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

Video Of Actual Gameplay...

YouTube - Falling Tiles v2

P.S. Special Thanx to Jelly I3elly for the idea of improvement and testing it.

Please Leave Comments and Reccommendations for anything you think could improve the map.

#1 stringcheese91, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  2. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

What did you improve? (and if you want my comment it's on v1. No real point of posting it twice.) I just don't see a difference. sorry.

Edit: oh never mind. That looks a lot better this time. And I like the idea of the two-floor thing. More flexibility for the zombie is good.

#2 Drummerguy360, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  3. stringcheese91

stringcheese91 Ancient

maybe if u read the underlined ADDED part of my post u would notice the improvements that i made to the map....make sure u read the full post before you post a comment

edit: gotcha

4. AItius

AItius Ancient

I saw the first version of this (not very long ago), and this looks like it is a well done concept, but perhaps an over-done one as well. I do like the two levels, it seems like it makes gameplay a little different than other maps like this, but it also is a very minor change, so there was no real need to post a v2. Just edit the first post, which is probably still on the front page of the mini-games page.

5. xPsychZerox

xPsychZerox Ancient

Well okay first off, I never saw the first version so I can't really make comparisons. Second off, the point of the game is to destroy the pallets so that way the humans fall to their deaths right? One question though, couldn't the zombies just throw the grenades at the humans? Because if they can, then it sort of ruins the whole point of the game. There is an easy fix though, you could just make the zombies spawn directly below where they spawn currently. That way they can throw grenades at the bottom of the pallets but not directly at the humans (also make sure they have only firebomb grenades).

The concept on the other hand seems original, but sort of a tweaked out version of Termites by B1OODF1R3 except with grenades and not swords (that's what it reminds me of). Good job besides that one problem though.

EDIT: I have another question, do the humans take any damage? If they don't then completely forget what I stated above about moving the spawn location of the zombies.

#5 xPsychZerox, Jun 3, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  6. stringcheese91

stringcheese91 Ancient

Well the thing about that is the grenades cant hurt the humans just the pallets the humans are invincible the only way to die is falling to your death.

7. jday1235

jday1235 Ancient

Looks like loads of fun when u just want to join up a bunch of ppl and have fun

8. ZOMBIECOW11

ZOMBIECOW11 Ancient

Awesome mini game. Thank you for changing the name. It really makes it pop out more.

9. rewib65

rewib65 Ancient

i liked the one level thing, mostly because that in my opinion was really the main thing that would make it play differently than hobo heights, otherwise theres not too much

10. HEYniceMAP

HEYniceMAP Ancient

This is probably one of the most fun maps i've played in a long time... it's a very simple idea and it's extremely fun.... also its like 100x better than hobo heights both the idea and the forge work

11. Jelly I3elly

Jelly I3elly Ancient

im glad to see you made a v2......especially now with a second floor, this gives the zombie more freedom to be unpredictable which makes the game more intersting....ill dl this and get some friends to play and see if its as smooth as it looks

12. IRoveForge

IRoveForge Ancient

OMG I just played this map with my friends in a party of 8 and it was Amazing!!! it has all the characteristics of a great map and should be a future Bungie Favorite.... If you dont download this map you'll regret it! it's a blast!

13. halogummyworms

halogummyworms Ancient

This map is very cool and Version 2 has a very unique design i love the whole 2 floors concept Frogger CS you are a great forger i love how you can make something so simple be so fun!

14. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

^^looks like somebody's making accounts to promote their map. 1 post each, they write the same, and they just joined in june. That is not a coincidence.

After playing this map, it's creative and fun. Nothing really more to say than what I've already said.

15. hockeyplaya39

hockeyplaya39 Ancient

looks like a fun game i will download and see how it is from the idea and pics i will give it a 4/5

16. BraveDave

BraveDave Ancient

The map itself looks good but theres just a few things i didnt like in the video. First i think you should lower the wall slits on the second floor so you can see where your throwing the grenade and also if your the human and you die I think you should make it so you respawn as a zombie because I saw from the video it looks almost impossible to kill the human if theres only 1 zombie and it would be annoying waiting forever for the round to be over. Other than that great map. Keep up the forging