Failure V3

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Thundercat the plunderer, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Thundercat the plunderer

Hello guys, this is my first time post a map here on forgehub and am not quite sure on how to set everything up, but im going to try.​

Map:

Bungie.net : Community : Forum Topic Listing : Forum Reply Listing - Failure V3

Description:
    This is a labratory that conducts various tests on humans, and foriegn materials. One day, they come across a person infected with an unkown virus. They begin to try to cure this alien virus. The subject reacts horribley to the serum and becomes corrupted. The subject breaks loose and begins to hunt the scientests down. The scientests must travel through the tunnels, open the lab door by activating the switch, and remain in the labratory untill the subjects eventually overpower the lone scientests. If the scientists survive longer then 3 minutes, a secret door behind a barrier opens up leading to a secret room with a little bit more firepower to hold off the seemly endless horde of infecties.​

This map is an enclosed, somewhat interlocked, features the hydralic door ( opening and closing door), and a semi hydralic door ( this one only opens).

Pictures:

Scientist's spawn
    [​IMG]

Subject's spawn
    [​IMG]

Break out!, then fall into the sewers/shafts and make it to the test room (scientist's spawn)
    [​IMG]

Activate switch to open door that leads into the labratory
    [​IMG]

Labratory, with a little bit of weapons to survive off of
    [​IMG]

Secret door behind the barrier
    [​IMG]

Secret room opens up after 3 minutes
    [​IMG]

#1 Thundercat the plunderer, Jul 26, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  2. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

Welcome to ForgeHub! Here, we have rules on posting. You can read them here. One of them is embedding pictures. It can be somewhat confusing, so here's a tutorial:

Here at Forge Hub, a crucial part of map posting is having one embedded pic.
    First, go to Bungie.net to your page. Find the Screenshot Viewer, and double click the screenshot which you choose to upload. When you do this, an option should pop up asking you what you want to do with the file. Your screen should look like this:
    [​IMG]
    Click Save to Desktop, or wherever you would like to save it to.

Next, go to a site like Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket to host your image. If you do not have an account, create one. When you have your account made, go to your photo album. There is a blue bar that says "Choose files" that should look like this:
    [​IMG]
    Click that blue bar, where the red arrow points to(arrow added for dramatic effect). Upload from wherever you saved the file.

Now, after the file has uploaded, scroll down the page to your picture's thumbnail. There is a list of options, like this:
    [​IMG]
    Copy the highlighted link, or direct link where the arrow is. And yes, that is Chris Hanson

Last step is coming back to here, where you enter the final direct link into the code( [ img]link[ /img] ) without the spaces. Hopefully, that helps you out. Any questions, PM me

To find the rest of the important rules here, click this link.

#2 Norlinsky, Jul 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2008
  3. Dr. Chombie

Dr. Chombie Ancient

hello and welcome to forge hub. it woiuld help if you properly embeded your pics but however i decided to click on the picture links and im not sure i'm getting the feel of the map from these pics.

4. KB

KB Ancient

Dang man!! That's a great tutorial/guide thing! Follow everything he says and you will get it! It may be hard/confusing/complicated at first but it gets easier!

5. JuiceBox Hero

JuiceBox Hero Ancient

Hello. welcome to ForgeHub. Even though you have to click the pics, I'm actually one of those people that click to look at pics. Any way about the map, I've seen the idea like 8 times. But your map is a first.(at least first to me.) Real Good Interlocking and I like the the switch. 5/5!

6. Bretonfish09

Bretonfish09 Ancient

Wow that's the best image embed tutorial I've ever seen!
    EDIT: Damnit Kn1ght!

7. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

I saw the pics and i like the map! nice idea!

embed the pics please
    welcome to forgehub!

8. xBahama Boyx

xBahama Boyx Ancient

it's Ok, i did the exact same thing on my first map, ROFL. Welcome!

9. Thundercat the plunderer

10. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

You type in [ url= (website here) ] text [ /url ] but without the spaces

Uh, are you using a Mac?

#10 Norlinsky, Jul 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2008
  11. Thundercat the plunderer

Oh alright, thanks alot.

12. Aranore

Aranore Ancient

The pictures that you have posted don't do any justice to your map. unless how ever that is all that your map has, in which case the name suits it perfectly. an armory failure.

I don't feel this map is anything special to it, so no DL from me.

sorry, 1/5

Improve this to attract my attention, to become something great. not just a map you made. perfect it.

and good luck.

13. BarkusTheMan 1

BarkusTheMan 1 Ancient

woah, dude, awesome tutorial! you should totally post that in the customer service forum! and i'm not sure if i saw the right pics (i clicked the first one and then just clicked next). but i'm too lazy to go back and open them all. but all the pics i saw looked sweet so nice job on... well, whatever they were!

ok nevermind i saw the pictures, the map looks great!

14. rel1t

rel1t Ancient

welcome to forge hub and i clicked on the pics and it is ok ^^
    []

15. Saint Prodigy

Saint Prodigy Ancient

i like the story to this map but in your pictures you cant get a good glimpse of the map. please put a good pic of the map up. i like the whole scientist and test subject gone wrong idea. 5/5 for game description i dont know about the map yet though

16. Murdock Sampson

Murdock Sampson Ancient

Be sure to edit this post and embed your pictures with in 24 hours or this thread will be locked and eventually die...

17. Da Pig

Da Pig Ancient

Welcome to Forge Hub!
    I actually clicked the links, and I think that your map is very well made. I see no cracks or bumps, and I like the idea. I think your map is very cool. My favorite part must be the secret room. The door looks nice... I will download this for sure! 5/5

note: Do not click the direct link at photobucket. Click the one that says "[​IMG]

#17 Da Pig, Jul 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  18. Thundercat the plunderer

Ok, i'll try to get some more "actiony shots" and try to make the pictures not links

19. Ali Legend

Ali Legend Ancient

I actually clicked that to see if it was real lol.

This map sonuds good, get your pics working and I'll check it out. BTW having scientists get more firepower after 3 minutes seems slightly stupid seeing as actually it should be made harder for them but oh well. Nice.

20. FreakyPenguin5

FreakyPenguin5 Ancient

hey can you please add a link for the gametype in your post