Faction

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Wakko45, Mar 12, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Okay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Good

15.4%
  5. Great

84.6%
  1. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Re: Pit Brawl

That picture was way to hilarious to pass up. I am so glad you made it. And yes, Furious design was great.

2. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

This looks impressive.

3. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

On topic:
    For the map I will DL and get back to you with what I thought about it Wacko. I love to play Conquest alot and hope it is as good as it looks.

Off topic:
    [​IMG]
    Picture by Squidhands
    this is ridiculously funny Squidhands

4. furbyxxx

furbyxxx Ancient

fights on this map turn out to be epic

5. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

this looks great is it fully enclosed i couldn't tell

6. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Yup. The only part that isn't is above the pit, but the walls are to high to get over, even with grenade + bruteshot jumps. So there is no escaping this map.

Also, everyone I updated a few things.

Updates to the map
    *Changed the name from Pit Brawl to Faction
    *Interlocked the flag stands into the floors

So you may want to re-download it.

7. G043R

G043R Ancient

Re: Faction (*Updated Pit Brawl*)

I am glad some one finally use the idea of interlocking the shield wall and the fence walll ( PS I suggested it... )

8. Kapura

Kapura Ancient

You aren't the only one to think of it. I have it in a map in my fileshare which I made before I found FH.

Also, wasn't faction the name of a Jedi Knight MP map? I know I've heard it somewhere.

9. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

This is a very well made map. The only thing I didn't like about it was the one way teleporter. after you walk through it, you're stuck with no where to move. Its pretty much suicide. Now I know its placed there for strategic purposes, but I think there is too little room for movement to be worth the risk. Overall its a very nice map.

10. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

It was ment for it to be practically a suicide mission to slow down the enemies. As for the not being able to move around part, that is because we wanted only one person in there at a time.

11. lazarus talon

lazarus talon Ancient

wow, great map. the sheild wall merged with the fence walls gave me some ideas for a map i might make where it could use that. great map and keep up the great work! :squirrel_rocking:

12. Rise Against

Rise Against Ancient

I had fun helping test the original, until you left to go edit it and some loser took control and booted me...lol some little british kid.

13. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

I can't get enough of this map. We played last night and it was just awesome. We pushed into the enemy's territory so far that people started spawning at the other team's base, it was crazy! It's not a spawn problem, it's just what happens when your team whips ass. I highly recommend this to everyone!!!

14. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

[​IMG]

The architect (Furious D 18) and the engineer (Wakko45) have both delivered very professional results in Faction. I've played this several times, and it's always about as good as it gets. I've only played conquest on a few differant maps, and this one sets the standard.

I saw the blueprints, and the idea was very solid on paper. All the deviations from the standard conquest game that Furious came up with only improve the experience. It came out of Wakko's forge just like it was supposed to. The map is very beautiful. I really like all the differant surfaces used, such as the fences in the ceiling, and the fence/shield combo to make a window over the main room from the spawn area.

The gameplay is better here than it is in standard conquest maps. The ability to take pot shots at your opponents as they grab their obvious terretories gives them a certain value. The infamous teleporter boxes are a sick little twist that should be recreated in every conquest map to come. The main room of contention is spacious enough for the real battle that is the core of the conquest game. I actually played a game in which both teams somehow rotated around the main room into each other's base and started spawning there, effectively trading bases.

Why all the 9's instead of 10's? It's a very close quarters game for my taste (even though I somehow seem to manage quite a few sniper medals every time I play this map). I like open battlefields. My opinion goes into the scoring, and I believe that many people would find this flawless. This is a mandatory download.

Enjoyability: 9/10
    Durability: 10/10
    Aesthetics: 9/10
    Originality: 7/10
    Balance: 9/10

Pred's Overall Score: 9/10
    [​IMG]

15. Shock Theta

Shock Theta Father of 4chub
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Congratulations to both of you. This map is a keeper. I urge everyone to download and try it out!

16. Egoender

Egoender Ancient

Wow.

This is one of the most smooth looking maps
    I've seen in a while.

17. MONKEYDEATH3730

MONKEYDEATH3730 Ancient

I have to make this post fast but this mpa is pretty wicked. To the next territoy!

18. MNM1245

MNM1245 Ancient

This is a copy of a map made by another Forger! The map was called Vertkwest and I think it was made by Cosmic Rick but it might have been Furious and that is why it says the idea is from Furious. But still this map was already made. I find that a lot of featured maps are just copys that Guilders made of Non guilders maps! No offense to the Guilders though. I'm just pointing something out guys.

19. Epic Tusk

Epic Tusk Ancient

Please make intelligent post before rushing to a conclusion please. Faction was forged by Wacko and the Idea was from Furious. This map was the Inspiration for Cosmic Rick map Vertkwest.

20. MNM1245

MNM1245 Ancient

How was this the inspiration for Vertkwest? Vertkwest came first?!?