Faction

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Wakko45, Mar 12, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Okay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Good

15.4%
  5. Great

84.6%
  1. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Faction
    Created by Wakko45 and Furious D 18

[​IMG]

Picture by Squidhands

Supported Gametypes: Conquest (Territories)

Best Size Party:
    *5v5 (10)
    *6v6 (12)

Updates to the Map:
    *Changed the name from Pit Brawl to Faction
    *Interlocked the flag stands into the floors

Map Description
    Both teams start out next to each other with a wall separating them – Territory 1. They then move on to a fence wall where players will be allowed to shoot through at each other before they reach the main fighting area – Territory 2. Past the fence walls there is fence wall interlocked with shield doors allowing an early view down into The Pit.

After all of this there is a turn into a parallel hallway that has many things. First of all there are weapons. Some will be located on the “Weapon Tables” an others will be leaning against walls or barriers. Second, there is a teleporter that will bring you to the enemies’ teleporter box. The teleporter box is a box on the enemies’ side that allows one person to go in via teleporter and this person can attack the enemies as they got down their hallway. There is no way to escape the teleporter box other than death so make sure you keep some grenades to kill yourself incase you run out of ammo and the other team laughs at the helpless you. This hallway also contains Territories 3 & 4 for each team.

At the end of this second hallway there will be the teleporter box and to the side of that a doorway. This doorway will bring you into The Pit. The Pit contains the 5th Territory and most of the action in the game. Looking out the door way, there will be a bridge that leads you to the other team’s hallway and allows you to bypass The Pit entirely. If you decide you want to go into The Pit, turn out the doorway and go down the stairs. The Pit consists of two crates with long-respawning frag grenades behind them. Opposite the crates, between the two staircases, are two dumpsters to allow hiding behind or jumping to the top of a staircase from the bottom of The Pit.

This map encourages a push-‘n-shove type of game where both teams are constantly battling for the center territory. To keep repetitiveness though, this map allows you to have a more direct unexpected approach to the enemies’ territory via the bridge and the teleporter box allows you to slow down and distract the enemy team coming down their hallway.

The weapon arsenal in this map includes the following weapons for each team:

• 2 Battle Rifles
    • 1 Brute Shot
    • 1 Sniper
    • 1 Pair of SMG’s
    • 1 Pair of Plasma Rifles
    • 1 Pair of Spikers
    • 3 Spike Grenades
    Both Teams spawn and start capturing their territories. A fence wall between them allows early action.

[​IMG]

Players battle it out early after they spawn.
    [​IMG]

A shield door interlocked with a fence wall allows early viewing of what will be in wait of them in The Pit.
    [​IMG]

A player makes a fast rush towards The Pit trying to get there before anyone else.
    [​IMG]

Blue Team member prepares to attack the enemy team as he gets teleported to the teleporter box.
    [​IMG]

Two snipers who rushed in the beginning fight for early control for the middle territory.
    [​IMG]

Most of each team battles it out for control of the center territory.
    [​IMG]

After efficiently controlling the middle territory, Red team pushes up the staircase for control of enemy territories.
    [​IMG]

The whole map idea was by Furious. He did not have time to make it however so I generously offered to. I consulted him along the whole way of making this map and also had various test sessions. I’m sure I can speak for Furious when I say that we are both thankful of all of those that tested; various parties and the Furious Review Team.

#1 Wakko45, Mar 12, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  2. Maxwell360

Maxwell360 Ancient

Re: Pit Brawl

I already tested this out with you guys, I am glad you got it posted it because I'll be playing it for a while!

3. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Yea I was testing this. Only 8 players and the action was still very intense. It still could've had a little bit more on it but can't argue. 4/5

4. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

@Halo, I think you played one of ther previous versions. This version was only finished and tweaked last night. So it may have more stuff in it than the last time you played.

5. blamedraptor

blamedraptor Ancient

this looks reel cool
    qued for download

6. Matty

Matty Ancient

This is one of the tidiest maps i have seen in a long time. Downloaded. Looks really cool too by the looks of things, but ill play it a bit and update with a more in depth response.

7. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Oh ok. Well still from the size of the map itself, I thought it could've been a little bigger like maybe some rooms on the side. Still a good map though.

8. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

that totally ruins the whole idea of conquest...

anyway, did you end up adding just 1 more peice of scenery in that one spot? it was really hard to play around that area, so the lower area was kinda halved for playing area (at least in my opinion)

9. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

The spot in between the stairs? Nah, I kept just the two dumpsters. Everythinng I tried there really seemed to crowd that spot.

10. TXGhost

TXGhost Ancient

This is such a fun map. My favorite Conquest map by FAR. The map was created superbly. And Furious came up with a great design. This map really is great I don't know how many times I can say this. The person with the most skill comes out on top in my experience.

11. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

ah well. i thought the dumpsters would be really useful when i placed them there but then when i tried to go there i could hide for maybe a second before someone shot me in the side...its no big deal though, if it was too crowded it woulda been so much worse

12. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

The dumpsters still have a good use besides cover though. They allow pretty easy jumping to the top of the stairs.

13. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

I haven't really found any Conquest maps to be very exciting or original, but this one looks great. I'll definately be downloading this.

14. Insane54

Insane54 Ancient

yea, i know, that was actually what i was thinking first and then i thought they would make good cover too...in a way it could be more tactical down there but eh its good

15. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Great job on the Forging, Wakko! Whenever I build a map, I pay a lot of attention to every little detail to make it as perfect as possible. So when I decided to release this idea to the community for some help with it, I was not expecting the final result to be up to my personal standards. But you blew me away. I couldn't have done better myself.

I've only played the one game here, but it was a blast. This is my favorite map for Conquest.

16. furbyxxx

furbyxxx Ancient

very nifty

17. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Stop with all of the quotes! My head feels funny.

18. Kapura

Kapura Ancient

This looks really nice, and it looks like Furious' idea came out exactly like planned. I wanna check out how it plays, but you get the win beamz.

19. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Sweet, I didn't think you would post that picture here; I'm flattered! As has been said already, with only one game under my belt on this map it's by far the best Conquest map made. Furious had a great design and you did it great justice, Wakko. You guys should conspire more...

20. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

Dled and ready to play.
    Good job on finishing this map, it gives a nice alternative to the regular conquest maps, which I am not a big fan of.