Facility

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by Ballika, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Ballika

Ballika Ancient

A remake of a classic first person shooter map. The Halo 3 version of Facility includes the entire map layout. The Bathroom w/Air duct spawn includes stalls and "toilets", no doors sadly. Classic 90` stairway leading to the bathroom. The long hallway in the back (underneath the bathroom) connects to the back stairs. Two small rooms branch off the main hallway, one of them has a window view into the locker room (can see through but can't move through it or shoot through it). The main hallway continues to a third room, as well as an exit to the locker room and the back hallway. The small locker room is shaped just as before, and connects to the overshield hallway. The rooms on either side of this hallway have power weapons, and just like the gas-tanks in the original, some explosives.

I tried to pay extreme attention to details, nearly all the lines are perfectly straight, no nade cracks or easy ways out of the map. I don't think there are any, but if you manage to escape please let me know where.

A few things are missing (doors in bathroom, the really slow remote controlled door, remote mines) but i couldn't spawn any more objects.

I hope eveyone appreciates this map, i think it would be great to play one flag CTF on also. The original map design from Golden-Eye was so fun and blanced that i can't see a map made in it's likeness failing to provide an exciting game. Enjoy. Feedback please.

[​IMG]
    Just made this map layout quickly in MS paint, not perfect but it helps if you can't quite remember Facility.

[​IMG]
    Stairs are a bit of an eyesore but function flawlessly.

[​IMG]
    The Bathroom with Sniper Rifle and the Duct. You can spawn in the Duct but you can also jump up into it. The flag spawns here in One-flag.

[​IMG]
    The Main Hallway and the entrance to the Locker Room.

[​IMG]
    The Locker Room with the window view. Don't try to glitch the flag through my window, it won't work. Battle Rifle spawns in here.

[​IMG]
    The locker room leads to the Overshield hallway. The entrance to the Overshield is very narrow, so suck it in.

[​IMG]
    The Shotgun room has a few simple crates and a fork lift. Vehicles are decorations only, they live in cages.

[​IMG]
    The former room with the tanks is now the Brute Shot room. The flag score point is at the top of the stairs and a pistol lies in the corner.

[​IMG]
    The boring looong Back Hallway is simple, with active camo near the exit to the stairs and for some lucky player, one proximity mine right in the middle.

Download Facility for FFA map variant 3-8 Players

Download Facility 1-Flag map variant

Check out a map of my own designTriton(thread)

After I was nearly done with Facility, I found someone else has made a remake of this map. Only fair to show you his too. Afro Sauce's version.Afro Sauce's version(thread)

2. Matty

Matty Ancient

Re: Facility 007

Looks really good, i like the locker room pic. I will DL when i go home.

3. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

looks great dude, a lot of work was put into the map as I can see. Your walls do looks straight and not sloppy.
    And great use of the interlocking.
    great job. =]

4. Atheos23

Atheos23 Ancient

This remake looks smart. I loved this board! Will DL

5. oTACTITIONo

oTACTITIONo Ancient

I love remakes that are not from the halo games. It's also pretty sportsmanlike that you talked about someone else who did a remake of the same map. Says a lot about your character.

Queued

6. Atheos23

Atheos23 Ancient

This map makes me wish more and more that Bungie would create multi-state objects like doors. The doors on foundry are the same from the campaign and there they worked. That would be nice to have on this map.

7. Ballika

Ballika Ancient

Thanks, it's nice to have people act civil on these boards. Sometimes they just NastAy

And as for the comment about the doors, i agree, those doors (the slow moving remote door) as well as the bathroom doors were a big part of the original Facility. The only way i could think of adding them (doors) was by using pallets but it seemed too time consuming and not all that effective.

8. Diehear

Diehear Ancient

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH all these goldeneye maps make me want to buy my N64 back along with the Goldeneye game......great times mates great times......

9. Grandmas House

Grandmas House Ancient

I like the idea of the stairs even if they're not fun to look at.

Fun to look at, wtf?

10. LOL zombie

LOL zombie Ancient

HAHA, this is a awesome map, i like how i dominate you and those people *cough cough* ego* cough cough

i really got a cough today

Cough* i hoep you fixed the getting out problem *cough

11. ghettobooty89

ghettobooty89 Ancient

Looks good, I've never seen the original or even know what game it is from but your work looks clean. Good job.

12. BanditK

BanditK Ancient

i like any map with a ceiling. it looks pretty good

13. Ballika

Ballika Ancient

Thanks onenonly, it took a while to get the ceilings to the point where you couldn't escape the map but i thin i got it down.