Facility

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by MRMIdAS, Nov 19, 2010.

1. MRMIdAS

MRMIdAS Ancient

This is Facility! the map with the most original name in the world!

First off, I'd like to point out this map was based off the MLG Sanctuary map (i used the walls, that's pretty much it) so credit to whoever built that, as it's the shell of the map.

The map is a symmetric map and supports 2 - 16 players, although I daresay 16 people will leave it slightly cramped, and most gametypes, Race, Infection and invasion are not supported.

WEAPONS
    6XDMR,Needle Rifle - 30S spawn
    2XAssault Rifle,Plasma Rifle,Spiker,Plasma Pistol - 30S spawn
    2XPlasma Repeater - 90S spawn
    2XConcussion Rifle (FFA) - 120S spawn
    4XMagnum - 30S spawn
    1XRocket Launcher (Slayer,Juggernaut) - 3M spawn
    2XShotgun - 90S spawn
    2XFocus Rifle - 90S spawn
    8XHealth Pack,Frag/Plasma Grenade - 15S spawn

Well, down to brass tacks, here it is:

The overview of the map
    [​IMG]

One of the bases from above, note the teleporter above the entrance, the bridge, and the rocks to jump to the base roof:
    [​IMG]

Flags and bombs spawn here! also a concussion rifle spawns here in FFA games, note the blocks to climb out of the base onto the roof:
    [​IMG]

The base entrance, Note the DMR in the back, and the cover for the teleporter:
    [​IMG]

The bridge, note the needler, and the health pack, both protected by the cover:
    [​IMG]

This is under the bridge, there's a DMR there for you!
    [​IMG]

Continuing from the end of the bridge, you'll encounter the teleporter receiver node, also of note is the Plasma Repeater above, and the health pack on the wall in the distance:
    [​IMG]

There's an Assault Rifle in the bunker too, handy:
    [​IMG]

And a magnum just outside:
    [​IMG]

Here's the health pack you saw earlier, it's not lonely, it's got some plasma grenades to talk to.
    [​IMG]

Here's the top of the tower you've seen in the last few pics, there's a needle rifle here:
    [​IMG]

And if we continue across the bridge, we come to a large room with some plasma grenades:
    [​IMG]

A Spiker:
    [​IMG]

And a health pack, with a window to look at the view through:
    [​IMG]

Through either of the other 2 doorways you'll find a plasma rifle:
    [​IMG]

And down the hole in the floor, you'll find your trusty Shotgun, note the landmines to "discourage" camping:
    [​IMG]

From the shotty, if you look right you'll find frag grenades:
    [​IMG]

and left you'll find cover, with a view of the base:
    [​IMG]

On from there, you'll find a health pack and a plasma pistol:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And in the centre, you'll find a Rocket Launcher in Slayer and Juggernaut, and a neutral spawn in objective games:
    [​IMG]

Just above that is a killball:
    [​IMG]

and just below is the Overshield and a needle rifle:
    [​IMG]

A Magnum lies close by too:
    [​IMG]

As does a Second Needle Rifle:
    [​IMG]

On the other side of the Sail in the background lies this DMR, also note the grenades below the shotty spawn:
    [​IMG]

and up the ramp lies the Focus Rifle:
    [​IMG]

And some arty-farty shots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD HERE

Any comments welcome, if i've not explained something clearly enough feel free to ask!

#1 MRMIdAS, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  2. Nutduster

Nutduster TCOJ

Couple of quick comments:

- Third map today, and like the thousandth overall, with a kill ball/antenna combination featured as a central aesthetic feature. I don't want to sound picky or anything, but it's hard to want to download something that looks like everything else. I would ditch that and build something else in its place.

- I feel you went a little overboard with the screenshots. It's good to give a lot of information and looks at your map, but there are too many images here and a lot of them are just of one or two standard forge pieces and maybe a weapon. Stick to a few of each type of shot (overview, detail of specific area, action shot). The more you focus on the distinctive aspects of the map, the more people will be intrigued by it. A wall of screens with the best ones buried in a bunch of average close-ups is going to hurt your chances.