Facility (Goldeneye)

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by buddhacrane, Mar 25, 2008.

1. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

Yeah you really have to play through Facility to realise how surprisingly well-balanced it is (thanks to lots of user testing before release).

Doing a fly-through in forge though will at least help you spot the shortcuts and extra passageways and maybe find where I hid the rocket launcher for when you play it (Then you can rocket people in the face!). Don't worry it doesn't grossly effect gameplay, it only has two rockets and a 180s respawn time, it's just a bit of fun for people that can find it.

I think my puzzle map is ready for the primary testing phase now, which means it will probably be released sometime next week.

2. Vicious Vice

Vicious Vice Ghosts of Onyx

If you need any help testing the puzzle map id gladly help yours seems to be the only entertaining ones. I swear to never play another Saw map.

3. Ballika

Ballika Ancient

hmmmmm, again nice job on the map. It irks me that you got your map a pretty good ammount of attention. My Facility was posted almost exactly the same, but i didn't get anywhere near as much feedback as ye. Nice job on the post and ur advertising skills as well. Advertising seems to be just as important as the quality of the map. If your interested in trying to make Bunker i'd like to start a partnership project if your interested.

4. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

It may have been due to my puzzle map popularity that it got more attention. Also I made sure the map appealed to Halo 3 playes as well as Goldeneye veterans (Of which there is a surprisingly small amount of). The little tweaks to gameplay really help out the Halo 3 gametypes and gameplay that people are used to, while the Goldeneye gametype can appeal to the hardcore Goldeneye veterans.

Your map is good. I did find a way to jump out of it though (no grenades or anything) which makes for gameplay issues.

I dunno when I'm gonna work on Bunker. I'm just in the testing phase of my latest puzzle map and then I've got real life projects to work on.

5. Ballika

Ballika Ancient

very good points Buddha. i haven't played your puzzle maps, i'll check em out though. where were you able to jump out of? i thought i had it all checked out but i guess not, it would be much appreciated if you could let me know where thats at.

Right on about bunker, real life projects definitely take priority over halo ones. I'm going to start on Bunker tomorrow i think, so i'll let you know when i've begun and show you what i've got.

6. Tex

Tex Ancient

goldeneye

good stuff man, ill give it a dl, looking to see a new goldeneye, i personally played the crap outa the n64 version

7. buddhacrane

buddhacrane Ancient

Oops, kept meaning to post a reply and forgot. Got all caught up in my latest puzzle map. That and college (pshh)

I was able to jump out in the big room on the right of the overshield corridor. You can stand on the turret placed up the stairs and then jump onto the vertical fence box. From there it's freedom! It's mainly because the dumpster doesn't quite block it off properly, adjusting it should fix the problem. Unless people decide to grenade jump of course...

Well this map didn't do as well as I would've liked but it got a few downloads. I think I'll just stick to puzzle maps from now on.

8. Deefawlt

Deefawlt Ancient

looks pretty cool. Although i never even heard of Goldeneye. :p I'll dl anyway looks fun