Face-off

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by extreme 96, Sep 23, 2008.

?

What do you think of this map

1. very bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. okay

25.0%
  4. good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. very good

75.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. extreme 96

extreme 96 Ancient

[​IMG]

Map Description:
    Face-off is a symetrical map meant for 4 - 8 people. Both team's bases are exactly the same. Each teams base is equiped with 1 battle rifle and an assault rifle. On this map i geomerged several single boxes into the ground to make the map look like it had rocks lying all over the ground.

Weapons on Map:
    2 Battle Rifles
    2 Assault Rifles
    1 Needler
    1 Sniper Rifle
    1 Rocket Launcher
    1 Plasma Pistol
    2 SMGs
    2 Spikers
    1 Magnum

Equipment on Map:
    1 Bubble Shield
    1 Regenerator
    1 Power Drain
    1 Trip Mine

Pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A special thanks to mista bob101 for the respawn point placement.

Thank you for checking out my map. =]​

#1 extreme 96, Sep 23, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2008
  2. The Flappy

The Flappy Ancient

This map looks good but fix some of the geomerging other wise AWESOME MAP!!!!!!

3. the persister2

the persister2 Ancient

That looks sweet, a map that is incredibly random but still in a smooth and tactical form, Can't wait to play a game on it, DL.

PS: I love the sniper spawn/tower, it looks so awesome, great job.

4. Re Amplify

Re Amplify Ancient

Some spots are great and others aren't.
    It looks like you geomerged only because you could. Even though you made it look like rocks, I think it would be better without. If you make a v2 you should change it up, maybe put some more structures in it. Other than that it looks pretty good. The middle structure with the double boxes on it is pretty cool.

5. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

well in short everything is good(interlocking, geomerge, weapon layout) but it could have been better/neater, but the thing is that the amount of open space is incredible. This could be a problem that i would fix

6. Boyle06

Boyle06 Ancient

this looks pretty good... the geomerging isnt straight at ALL lol jk... nice work can tell u put a lot of time into this looks like it is paying off nice work on making it look good... and on giving it a new map feeel... looks very playable and veryfun... consider using things other than fence walls and such for flooring as they dont look well to make u make look better other than that nice work... 4.8/5

7. crazyzebu

crazyzebu Ancient

Your random geomerging looks kinda lame and your fence wall floor just looks wierd. I like that man cannon wall though, it looks great aesthetically! The bases also look pretty cool, as well as the walkways that connect to the central structure. Not bad, the random geomerging makes it look FUGLY though... I'll have to try out the gameplay and come back with my impressions.

also, don't vote for your own map.

8. MV PaNiKK

MV PaNiKK Ancient

Looks likes it could be a pretty great map if u made a v2 and cleaned it up a bit. Its almost like you randomly geomerged and bunch of open boxes then built a map around it. 3/5

9. K3V1N

K3V1N Ancient

great map unlike most people i think it looks cool it gives it a panic feeling. i will dl also what gametypes are supported? it looks like it would be good without radars

good job with the map man + rep
    8.5/10

10. extreme 96

extreme 96 Ancient

im glad some people like it and if you dont like it then maybe its just cause your not into these types of maps.

11. Phoenix 032995

Phoenix 032995 Ancient

Okay what I think of this map, I know u were tryin to make it look like rocks but it just seems too messy for me. Also im not a big fan of the bridge in the middle. But other than that good job, Keep forging