Sandbox Excavation

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by OctoDeath, Mar 13, 2009.

1. matman2540

matman2540 Ancient

Remakes are amazing! Especially this one. Every base and walkway is to proportion and the middle is unique compared to the original. The only thing that I could possibly complain about is that there was a ghost on the bottom floor of the orginal. If you make another remake, please make one of containment, but with sand. I would DL without even looking.

2. Rise Against

Rise Against Ancient

Sweet now I can't get out of the map, even though you could in foundation really easy hahaha.

3. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey Ancient

This is on Bungie favorites now

4. Love Slice

Love Slice Ancient

Congratulations on making into Bungie favorites!!! This is by far the best Foundation remake I've seen. This will be one of the first Sanbox maps I download tomorrow. Great job on it, it is much better than the Foundry remake.

5. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey Ancient

Oh also it will be featured in matchmaking too :p

6. crymsonnite

crymsonnite Ancient

very awesome foundation remake
    kudos on bungie favorites
    200/5

7. Iced Tidus Zero

Iced Tidus Zero Ancient

Awesome map overall, but I got out of the map on first attempt. With a grenade. I would fix it a bit more.

8. wwm0nkey

wwm0nkey Ancient

Bungie is putting this onto matchmaking. Maybe they will put a barrier on it?

9. IDave the Rave

IDave the Rave Ancient

The map is really nice but I can break it... I'll send youa film clip of me breaking it on Halo 3. Anyway the map is very cleanly laid out and very fun to play on well done

#69 IDave the Rave, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  10. OctoDeath

OctoDeath Ancient

I'm aware the map is escapable at one point, but I made a decision to omit changing it. I'm thinking of the vast vast majority of players who just want to play a decent game.

If you do escape the map there is nothing for you out there (except to see the guts of the map). It's unlikely that you can get an objective item out there. The only real advantage I can see is you could traverse the side of the map, but the player would be extremely exposed.

So when weighing it up I decided to leave the subtle exploit in. I'm all out of budget so decided to not take away from the map something that would have a negative effect on it. Just to stop some idiot in the minority from escaping to no real advantage.

11. I Shadowsth I

I Shadowsth I Ancient

I took a peek at this map yesterday and I can see why you made Bungie favorites. The map is pretty damn impressive. Good job on the remake!

12. X1BLACKOUT1X

X1BLACKOUT1X Ancient

Looks like an insane remake. Can't wait to play it tonight when I get back from a baseball game. You should make more remakes. Maybe Prisoner?

13. RunTime83

RunTime83 Ancient

Awesome, awesome job! I loved Foundation in Halo 2 and you really did capture everything that made that map great.

14. katix88

katix88 Ancient

amazing map, brings back tons of memories. nice job cant wait to see mroe from you.

15. Big and Firm

Big and Firm Ancient

Wow this looks rilly smooth...I can see you put good time into this map...I like it when forger's take time on there maps insted of just rushing it

16. I Shadowsth I

I Shadowsth I Ancient

I finally managed to play this with a party of 4 last night and yeah it really does feel like it's Halo 2 counterpart. Only now the turrets can walk around and destroy people. My only complaint would be the gaps on the walkway but even then that's a minor complaint.

Congratulations on getting the feature and potentially having your map in matchmaking.

17. Dylan1kenobi

Dylan1kenobi Ancient

AWESOME REMAKE!!! This is freaking sweet, awesome job!

5/5

18. Love Slice

Love Slice Ancient

This map is one of the best remakes in the history of forge. I used to have a really good Foundry remake of Foundation, but this blows it out of the water. I've run a few FFA customs on it with some friends, and it was very nice. The map is quite accurate to the original, and the map as a whole has a nice aesthetic value. All the forging is good, and I don't know what else you could have done better. Excellent job, this map is staying on my hard drive forever. I might take off the equipment though. I'm not a huge fan of that stuff :(

19. CookieMan

CookieMan Ancient

I'm out of custom space, so I can't download.
    Bungie.net is down again, so I can't download.
    I've never played Halo 2, so I'm not sure to download.
    I'm also not 100% sure that this was actually made by him.

20. Sikamikanico

Sikamikanico Video Team #corruptstaff
    Forge Critic

Of course it was made by him! Bungie know, we know it, everyone knows it but you it seems - do you think it would go on faves if there was any doubt?

Anyway, Octo, fantastic remake. The only tiny little niggle I had was that on the original Foundation, you used to be able to jump to the top of the middle structure from the turret spots I think. Other than that insignificant niggle, it's great. Well done.