Sandbox Excavation

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by OctoDeath, Mar 13, 2009.

1. BIGGnelson

BIGGnelson Ancient

Good ideas but he is out of money he needs to alter the map slightly if there was enough money to put a small roof over those two sections and hold fusion coils in place i don't think i could break it without jumping off someones head. Great idea line hopefully it can be done

2. LIGHTSOUT225

LOL. 1 coil, break the map. 2 coils, dead.

thats why i suggested doubling the coils up, then locking them in place so thy cant be separated. you dont need to lock them on the sides for that, one on top will do the trick just fine.

3. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

Fusion coil explosions can be inconsistent though, and the blast direction is also dependent upon where you shoot the first coil. It's probably best to just leave them out of the map.

4. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

I agree. With the Rocket Launchers, H3 Needler (I'm gonna assume it's on here, I can't remember seeing it in my forgethrough), and the map's super long lines of sight, extra explosions aren't really needed for this map. I'm really impressed with the way this looks, Octo. I can't imagine a more faithful adaptation of this in Forge. When I'm able to get some games on this I'll be back with more feedback.

5. RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR

RRAAAAAWWWWWWWR Ancient

A fix for the grenade jump is now possible. By deleting the coils you have $10 forge monies. Get two Double blocks if possible and merge them into the pipes above the breakout areas.

6. Rated Dirty

Rated Dirty Ancient

Verry nice remake my friend. But here is the problem. I don't know this yet but doesn't it look like that someone could easily nade jump out of your map?

The gameplay looks awesome and really reminds me of foundation. I can see the old school infection game type being remade! Oh those were happy days... Blocking off the doors and sitting there with pistols and shottys.

If I do DL this map I am asking your permission to make an infection gametype based off of the old school one from halo 2.

4/5

7. Beeny95

Beeny95 Ancient

Oh my days, your amazing!

8. DEATHPIMP72

DEATHPIMP72 Ancient

If you have not downloaded this yet you need to, it is a great map and a hell of a lot of fun to play on.

9. The Stick 13

The Stick 13 Ancient

Wow, this map looks amazing, dude! I can't wait to check it out! Nice work remaking Foundation, dude. We used to play snipers on that map all the time!

10. FryTheSly

FryTheSly Ancient

back in the day me and some friends would try and play infection on halo 2 with this original map and it was really fun... even though we had to switch teams everytime you got "infected"
    im so glad someone decided to remake it on halo 3. im going to download it. from the pics i can tell this is very accurate. sept shouldnt all the back rooms have roofs? in the second to last pic the room on the very bottom left doesnt have one....

11. OctoDeath

OctoDeath Ancient

Yes in a perfect Forge paradise with unlimited budget and objects the rooms would all have a roof. But I needed the budget to use on other areas of the map. Also bear in mind that this isn't actually Foundation, that map is only in Halo 2, this is a remake so it won't be exactly the same! I hope you have fun playing on it though.

12. HunTedMeat

HunTedMeat Ancient

This has to be the BEST Foundation remake in forgehub to date. I love how you used the tube corners to make walls.(Extra creative points to you!)

13. OctoDeath

OctoDeath Ancient

Just noticed that this map made the front page on b.net (in video form anyway). Thanks for the attention you guys here and people elsewhere have given this map.

14. Project

Project Ancient

looks like a cool looking foundation remake. ive been on a forging site before and ive seen foundation remakes before, and this one is really cool, i love sandbox's features.

15. WREX

WREX Ancient

Your map is awesome, but check this out...it's so awesome it's being used as a canvas...

Copy Cat

16. Brodellsky

Brodellsky Ancient

To be honest, this map is not a total faithful remake. Which I don't really ever expect in any User-Created Forge map, so that's ok. However, when I ran through the map, I found that it was very bumpy, and at times you really had to jump just to get over a bump in a supposedly flat floor. Also, this map is very easily breakable. And if you haven't figured out where that is yet for some strange reason, if you stand on the vertical Tube Ramp right in front of the "Tube Corner" Wall you can perform a Grenade Jump and very easily get out of the map.
    Now sure, you may have wanted to rush this map's completion to get it done before anyone else, but I'm sure you got the maps early, you've had plenty of time to make thing's smoothed out and prevent things like breaking the map. It does look decent though, so I'll give you that. I'm really quite surprised you didn't put "Octo" in the name like "Octoplex", because this map sucked just as hard that one.

17. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Hey, here's a thought; why don't you go be a douchebag somewhere else? Octo is well aware that the map is breakable, and you would know that if you could be bothered to read a couple of pages worth of comments before gracing us with your oh so intelligent feedback. Honestly, who gives a **** if the map is breakable? Just don't play with jerkoffs who prefer to hide after a small lead. This map plays as closely to the original Foundation as possible for a user-created map, and that's all that matters.

18. evan12075

evan12075 Ancient

before you go accusing someone of being a copy cat, check the dates of the map...

EDIT: sorry misunderstood your post, thought you were accusing OctoDeath as a copycat.

#58 evan12075, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  19. WREX

WREX Ancient

I did. This map was up weeks ago. And the one that copied it just came up this week.

20. a dumb cat

a dumb cat Ancient

I can't see any discrepancies from the original H2 map; nicely done. I would ask for more pics of the center just to be sure; I know its not used all that often (except for noobs, lol), but accuracy on that structure could be critical.

Or not. What do I know?

--dc